A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, Rex wanted Schwartz to stay, but Schwartz declined.

Rex would have insisted on Schwartz running Rex's defense. Do you think Rex really would have let Schwartz run the wide 9 4-3? The minute they hired Rex, it was a foregone conclusion Schwartz was out the door.

When a head coach is hired with a specific expertise, they run their side of the ball. The idea that Rex wouldn't run the D is wishful, magical thinking.

And now that we have Rex here, what is the point in building around a 4-3 defense? Mario and Kyle are aging and injured. Maybe we could have one more top 5-6 season from the boys but then what?

We would be starting over again.

I think your thoughts are silly. Essentially saying we may age and get worse. So, let's blow it before so it doesn't happen.

This game especially I was struggling with the notion that I hate my favorite team so much.

Yep! I didn't watch much for the first time in 20 years. Just listened to the TV from the other room because I preferred to paint and cook. Very sad!

All I want for Christmas is to hear that Wrex is gone. Too freaking painful to watch a top tier defense that we only get once a decade get turned into a joke by this ham-fisted fool. I can't stand another year with him at the helm.

Yep!

If Rex and staff are canned, what coaches are going to want to come year knowing they got one year leash? He has to get 2-3 years if only to put in his plan for the team. Not to be confused that I'm happy with what I've seen this year.

BTW this past week had a 4 day vacation in NYC. NYC rocks for sure. Loved it there. More than Vegas for comparison

I hear that, but, coaches that would come here would be confident in their abilities and not full if crap!!

When Schwartz was here, he seemed to take what he had and build the defense around that, rather than dismantle it and put players in situations they are not built to do.

Rex? Well..the proof is in the results.

Truth be told Schwartz got lucky and inherited the exact personell he needed to run his defense. If not there would have been a year+ adjustment period needed too

Truth be told Schwartz got lucky and inherited the exact personell he needed to run his defense. If not there would have been a year+ adjustment period needed too

This is crap. Give credit to the guy who molded that defense. The beauty of his defense was that he was able to rush the passer with his DL and not with some exotic blitz by his DBs.

My theory may be a bit far-fetched...Ryan had a lobotomy and has almost completely forgotten how to blitz this season...

Interesting. This is somewhat in line with my own personal theory, that Wrecks is exhibiting the consequences of repeated blows to the head from his wife's feet. He needs to be placed in the NFL's Fetish Protocol.

The defense is passive. Everyone plays very reactionary. It's like the very opposite of a Rex Ryan defense.

I think you can blame it on a learning curve, but they have had 14 games to figure it out now.

I think the players have stopped trying to learn and are just complaining now. They have basically given up on the defense, IMO.

Bill I couldn't agree more with you about they are better running team with C Williams in there. This is not a knock on Mccoy, it is just that this line is so weak a good north south runner is better suited than an east west runner like Mccoy.

I watched the whole game today & this team quit on Ryan in the first half. I really don't see any alternative in the offseason but to fire him & his whole staff. I don't care if he 4 years left on his contract. You admit the mistake and move on. With that being said, I do feel like we may have overrated the personal on defense. Our linebackers just maybe the worst in football & our secondary is average at best & some of the guys are well below average such as Mcdipshit. I don't know what the answer is I really don't. It is easy for me to say Pegs should swallow the $20 million that is still left on Ryan's contract as it is not my money. I suppose we could ride this thing out for 2 more years and then fire him but why not admit the mistake now & move forward instead of just wasting 2 more years with this clown?

OUr receivers besides Watkins stink. Woods stinks & so does Hogan. Easley showed why he does not get many snaps at WR when TT hit him right in the chest on about 6 yard pass that bounced right off him(there was a penalty on the play anyways so it wouldn't of counted).

One last thing it just goes to show you how far away the bills are from being a truly elite team watching Arizona dismantle the Eagles last night. The Eagles looked like a totally different team than the one that beat the Bills the week before.

Merry Christmas Bill & everybody else here on TBD I hope everybody has a wonderful week.

have not read the 4 prior pages so here goes. The Bills need a QB other than Tyrod Taylor. I was disgusted with the first half performance of what 2 complete of 8 passes?

The Defense was disappointing to allow 21 points in the first half by Cousins and the Skins.

I think he was 3/6 and our offense had a grand total of 42 yards. As far as defense, Washington didn't punt in the first half and we were lucky the score wasn't 24 or 28 to 0 because they had that penalty.

Bill, I'll miss your posts after the season is over, even from games like these. Merry Christmas to you, as well!

At 21-0, I was calling for team security (if they exist) to not let Rex back on the plane to Buffalo. Whatever the issue is - Rex forcing his scheme on players not fit for it, players still ticked off that Jim Schwartz is not coaching them, or Rex's lack of discipline - someone has to take the fall for it. After all the hype from January to September, we were sold a lemon. This season was a big-time failure.

I will never quit on the Bills, but I'll enjoy rooting for teams like Green Bay, Carolina, & Arizona and rooting against Pittsburgh & New England.

Edited by BuffaloWings

I think he was 3/6 and our offense had a grand total of 42 yards. As far as defense, Washington didn't punt in the first half and we were lucky the score wasn't 24 or 28 to 0 because they had that penalty.

Like 3/6 is much better!!! :lol: I thought I saw a graphic on the TV that showed 2 completions near the end of the first half, but I could be wrong.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=400791695

3 of 8

Edited by NOVABillsFan

3) Jerry Hughes has a lot of heart, and he's a very good player.

6) The bottles stand as empty,

as they were filled before.

Time there was and plenty,

but from that cup no more.

Though I could not caution all,

I yet may warn a few:

Don't lend your hand to raise no flag,

atop no ship of fools.

7) Because of Rex Ryan, the Bills are probably the worst team in the NFL right now, and I could live with this. It's not like this is unfamiliar footing if you will. But we are losing because the coach insists on stupidity and does not bring any discipline or accountability. I wish he didn't have 4 years left because if it was up to me, I would have fired him at halftime.

8) Hughes, the only member of our defensive line who provides any pass rush, spent much of the 1st half in unsuccessful pass coverage. Just a complete waste.

13) McKelvin surprised me today. I didn't think that he could play so poorly.

15) In case I don't get around to it later this week, allow me to wish every one of you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas filled with joy. This forum is great and has been for years.

16) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Jerry is a stud. If he could cut down on the asinine penalties, he would be All-Pro.

6. Absolutely perfect Dead lyric. Ship of Fools indeed.

7. #FireRexNow!

8. See #7.

13. I love me some Boomhauer. That said, he's gotta go. He was Justin Rogers bad today.

15. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours Bill.

16. Always!

Merry Christmas Bill. I don't post often but yours are great and your thread is the first thing I read the day after.

I think what gets me the most is how the Rex hire embarrasses the Pegulas. These appear to be pretty naive nice owners. I feel so fortunate to know the Bills are staying in WNY. But I can't help but feel embarrassed for Kim & Terry. They look like fools with Wrecks (love this) buffoonery. What an disorganized idiot. I can't see him ever becoming anything other than what his record says he is.

When Washington converted on that long third down, I almost went Christmas shopping. I'd had enough. But I kept watching until the bitter end because.................#gobills

I think your thoughts are silly. Essentially saying we may age and get worse. So, let's blow it before so it doesn't happen.

Yep! I didn't watch much for the first time in 20 years. Just listened to the TV from the other room because I preferred to paint and cook. Very sad!

Yep!

Sorry, you're living in the past.