Bills Playoff Picture...extremely bleak, but hear me out...

Estro

I think the least likely part of this would be the steelers in a clutch situation losing to the Browns. I actually think the steelers are playing so well now that they will win out, win the AFC, and win the Super Bowl.

I can live with this….Means they went into NE and took em out!!

Edited by filthymcnasty08

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finishing strong at this point would be good. Never mind the other teams, they'll finish where they finish. Three straight wins here would help set up some momentum into next year, especially if we can beat the Jets in week 17. The fans, players & coaches will feel better about things if this can happen.

Have a great holiday season everyone, and Go Bills!

We're all aware of the scenarios but this team has shown they can't win games they should. Why do you think this will change?

Agreed, that is the problem, we can't win. Not only are we going to be sub .500 (sorry, IMO we finish 1-2). We played the worst two divisions in football! If we played different divisions we would have probably finished 5-11. Rex has this team playing terrible.

Finishing strong at this point would be good. Never mind the other teams, they'll finish where they finish. Three straight wins here would help set up some momentum into next year, especially if we can beat the Jets in week 17. The fans, players & coaches will feel better about things if this can happen.

Have a great holiday season everyone, and Go Bills!

Totally agree! But, don't think it will even be close. I hope I am wrong. Every season has a "if we win out scenario" and then we don't really compete and lose most of the games. It's not that it is because we are the Bills. It's because we are not a playoff caliber football team. When watching playoff teams in December and January I always look at those teams play and say, "oh that's what a good team plays like". We aren't coached well enough on a weekly basis.

I will say this. In reality the loss to Philly didn't hurt our chances. The Jets are certainly going to lose a game before they play us. And if the Steelers beat the Bunguls they had to lose 2 games anyway for us to get in because of tie breakers.

Boom!!! just hit you with some facts jack!

I agree with the OP. Yeah, I doubt the playoffs are happening this year, but it's not the most off-the-wall scenario. Until they are officially eliminated, the Bills should be playing as if they still have a chance, however slim. If they don't, then that's on them and the coaches.

I have been disappointed with some of the responses from players this week that indicate that the players do think the season is now lost. Perhaps that is the snarky media feeding into and trying to be realists, but still...

I agree with the OP. Yeah, I doubt the playoffs are happening this year, but it's not the most off-the-wall scenario. Until they are officially eliminated, the Bills should be playing as if they still have a chance, however slim. If they don't, then that's on them and the coaches.

I have been disappointed with some of the responses from players this week that indicate that the players do think the season is now lost. Perhaps that is the snarky media feeding into and trying to be realists, but still...

agree 100%. I feel like everyone is acting like the season is over. I don't think it is and I hope the team doesn't either. Anything could happen - an injury to Big Ben, a fluke play, etc. I fear that they think it is, partly because of how it's been approached by the media and fans. That sucks. But I get it.

I appreciate the thread and tip my cap to you for believing. But this isn't a playoff team. It doesn't belong in the playoffs. I'll find no pleasure in watching the Bills back in and get destroyed by (enter team name here ___________) in the first round. We need to get so much better top to bottom to stand a chance -- and that won't happen in less than a month. I see nothing positive or symbolic about ending "the drought" with only two minutes of rain, though I know my opinion isn't a popular one and some believe it makes me less of a fan.

I would take any bizarre sequence of scenarios to back into the playoffs get blown out RD 1. The QBs of our opponents suffer misterious temporary illnesses on game day. Endless bogus pass interference calls in our favor. Sign me up.

Edited by Charles Romes

agree 100%. I feel like everyone is acting like the season is over. I don't think it is and I hope the team doesn't either. Anything could happen - an injury to Big Ben, a fluke play, etc. I fear that they think it is, partly because of how it's been approached by the media and fans. That sucks. But I get it.

Team is so terribly coached.

With the Browns starting Johnny Football there seems to be a spark in that team. I could see them helping us out.

Since I'm a big Manning fan, I fully expect Brock to go into Pittsburgh and throw for 400+ yards in a shootout win to cement his status as starter and keep Manning on the bench. Kind of like the only time the colts actually grow a pair and play is against Manning. Or the only primetime game Dalton plays well is against Manning's team. LOL

That helps the Bills though!

Then there is the Jets. NE* will demolish them and Fitz will get all Fitzy and throw picks. Then we can finish them off.

It's not so crazy. IF this team can get to 9-7 they could have a shot.

Just having the Week 17 game mean something would be pretty outstanding. That takes winning the next two and have Pittsburgh lose one.

It certainly won't matter to the Bills but it very well could matter to the Jets, which would make it worth winning.