Have you experienced a championship as a fan of another team

YoloinOhio

Have you experienced a championship as a fan?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Have you experienced a championship as a fan of another team?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, which sport?

• NBA
    • NHL
    • MLB
    • College Football
    • College Basketball
    • Soccer
    • Other
    • N/A, I am still waiting

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on that, each championship feels different. In the 3 NC that Saban has acquired at Alabama, my favorite without a doubt was the one vs LSU.

The other 2 do not even come close.

Quite the interesting post. My take as a life long Tide Fan is however different.

The team that beat Notre Dame was just freaking loaded. The OL was SO good that the LG and RT were drafted at #10 and #11. Lacey, Yeldon and Amari Cooper were on the team as you know.

From the opening kickoff I could watch the game in sheer joy and total relaxation.

If the Bills ever get back to a superbowl, give me a game like that. I don't want to be scared, sitting there waiting for them to blow it. I don't want an exciting game.

Pretty sad I suppose.

I have been a Bills fan since the old AFL and a San Francisco Giants fan for about the same length of time. The Giants have won it all in 2010, 2012, 2014 and will do it again in 2016. I also am a fan of the San Diego Gulls minor league hockey team. In the late 90's and early 2000's they won the West Coast Hockey League Taylor Cup several years in a row (1996, 1997, 1998, 2001 & 2003). I was there for the 2003 finals game where they won the cup. It was great.

Does anyone care?

Care about what?

To those who have won mutliple championships, either consecutive, or really close to one another, what's it like? It seems to me that after the first one, the next one, and the one after, just won't feel the same as that first.

i wouldn't know what it's like to win consecutive championships since your team stole our OC. :'(

Twice lost the WS with the Indians in the 90's, one Ohio State BB in 07, Sabres, Bills, not to mention the Jordan years for the Cavs when we had some amazing teams, and two finals losses with LeBron.

If it wasn't for OSU FB I'd have kept off a bridge by now.

It's like you only pick 2nd best teams.

True, also included in that are two OSU FB losses in 06, 07. I was fortunate enough to be at the national championship game last January, I thought for certain they'd let me down again. Now my philosophy is to be there whenever my teams are in a championship.

The Bills are without question my most desired title.

Red Sox 3x and Celtics. But the Bills would the biggest by a long way.

How on earth did you end up rooting for the Bills?

How about NHL...Bruins or Sabres?

I had a few that are a little skewed by when I emerged as a sports fan. As a kid, I remember watching the Bulls lose to the Bad Boys of Detroit. I immediately became a fan. I know. I know...MJ, Pippen, etc. It all screams bandwagon, but I can honestly say I was rooting before they peaked. It is similar to how I became a Bills fan...I remember them losing to the Browns in the playoffs vividly.

A couple others are an oddity of how I root for sports. I always root for a second team in each sport, usually in the opposite conference. So, I claim a few Penguins championships, Blue Jays, etc.

I can truly claim to have been a legit fan of Syracuse since my childhood (I can remember the Keith Smart jumper), so the 'Melo Basketball Championship counts 100%.

I'm a New Jersey Devils fan and I was there in 2003 at Game 7 when the beat the Anaheim Ducks to win the Stanley Cup. It was the single greatest sports memory of my life but will pale in comparison to the feeling I will get if the Bills ever win the Super Bowl!

Devils + Bills = all right in this guy's book.

True, also included in that are two OSU FB losses in 06, 07. I was fortunate enough to be at the national championship game last January, I thought for certain they'd let me down again. Now my philosophy is to be there whenever my teams are in a championship.

The Bills are without question my most desired title.

i had an internal struggle a couple months ago where I was deciding whether I wanted the Buckeyes to repeat as national champions or the Bills to make the playoffs - if I could only have one. I picked the Bills, because at the time I was kind of ticked off at some of the OSU fan base who was acting entitled and spoiled that we weren't winning every game by 50. 30 wasn't enough. 23 straight wins and a National Title and they were complaining that Braxton didn't have enough touches, defense gave up a shut out because the starters got pulled in blowout, etc. I mean, I have high expectations too but the negativity was out of control and unrealistic. Of course, it turned out I got neither this year... But I will continue to hope for the Bills to make the playoffs over all other teams I root for. Edited by YoloinOhio