Should the Bills "tank" in 2017 or 2018 to get a QB?

Jerry Jabber

Should the Bills "tank" for a season a two in order to draft a franchise QB if Taylor does not workout?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills "tank" for a season a two in order to draft a franchise QB if Taylor does not workout?

I hate tanking. It would mean that the team is so weak in a number of areas and that's the thing that one player, even an elite QB, cannot cure. Look at Indy. Is it worth being that bad in so many areas to get that QB? Teams need to be winning, or as close to getting over the hump as possible, not tanking. Losing that much does not breed a winning culture and that's the greatest thing that a team can have. See: Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Pats*, Baltimore (rocky right now, but the pieces are there).

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You sound more and more stupid with this argument as you type them. They went 2-14 with Jim Caldwell as the HC. With Luck, that became Chuck Pagano. Curtis Painter was the QB for 8 of those losses, NOT Peyton Manning. Painter was 0-8 as a starter. The two games they won were with Dan Orlovsky at QB and at the END OF THE SEASON to boot. He went 2-3 for his starts. Round off the remaining 3 starts by Kerry Collins who also lost 3 games. No Peyton Manning, get it? You can't extrapolate from the years Manning was there into a year where he didn't touch a football.

In terms of Russell, he has just as much to do with this discussion as Luck. Neither one of them will be in the 2017 or 2018 draft. You get what an analogy is, right? Guess not. It's much more likely than not that they don't have an opportunity to draft the next sure fire, can't miss QB prospect like Luck was. It's much more likely based on actual history outside of a video game that they get an average Joe like the guys I mentioned before. Jake Locker, Sam Bradford, and the like. The absolute stupidity that an entire front office is going to conspire to lose football games, and platoon their team is unbelievable. It's not like team owners are trying to continue to improve their $800m brand or anything.

That's pretty awesome. LOL. Well done!

I remember how that season went Captain Obvious. I was using it as an example of how the Colts went from being a consistent playoff contender, to having the worst record the following year when Manning got hurt. But apparently, I had to fully describe in detail why the Colts were as bad as they were that year in order for you to get the point. I'm sorry that you're that dense and you need someone to fully explain things to you.

I get it, you're totally against the tanking idea. We'll, I'm tired of being a bottom feeder, getting beat twice a year by the Patriots and seeing other teams in the playoffs year after year while the Bills are on the golf course. If you don't feel that you need to draft in the Top 3 to get a franchise QB, then good on you Captain. Maybe the Bills will get lucky enough in finding a teams backup or reaching for a QB in the draft and that QB will turn into the QB we've been looking for since January 1997 (guess what, that strategy hasn't worked so far!!)

I remember how that season went Captain Obvious. I was using it as an example of how the Colts went from being a consistent playoff contender, to having the worst record the following year when Manning got hurt. But apparently, I had to fully describe in detail why the Colts were as bad as they were that year in order for you to get the point. I'm sorry that you're that dense and you need someone to fully explain things to you.

I get it, you're totally against the tanking idea. We'll, I'm tired of being a bottom feeder, getting beat twice a year by the Patriots and seeing other teams in the playoffs year after year while the Bills are on the golf course. If you don't feel that you need to draft in the Top 3 to get a franchise QB, then good on you Captain. Maybe the Bills will get lucky enough in finding a teams backup or reaching for a QB in the draft and that QB will turn into the QB we've been looking for since January 1997 (guess what, that strategy hasn't worked so far!!)

The Colts didn't tank! NFL teams don't tank. I don't know why THAT isn't obvious to the Franchise QB Fairy (your new nickname because I really liked it).

The Colts didn't tank! NFL teams don't tank. I don't know why THAT isn't obvious to the Franchise QB Fairy (your new nickname because I really liked it).

If they didn't "tank" then they got lucky to get Luck.

What's your bright ideas on getting a franchise QB? QB fairy? QB Claus?

If they didn't "tank" then they got lucky to get Luck.

What's your bright ideas on getting a franchise QB? QB fairy? QB Claus?

Franchise QB Fairy, it's already been spelled out to you. You don't jettison a front office and half your roster to get a QB. It's just plain stupid. That is what would happen with your wonderful idea. There is no realistic scenario of losing on purpose.

Franchise QB Fairy, it's already been spelled out to you. You don't jettison a front office and half your roster to get a QB. It's just plain stupid. That is what would happen with your wonderful idea. There is no realistic scenario of losing on purpose.

Still avoiding the question Captain...

When the Pegula’s bought the Sabres back in 2011, they thought the Sabres would be able to win the Stanley Cup within three years, but that didn’t come to fruition as they realized they had did not have the right roster and management to win the cup, so they gutted the team, and purposely tanked for two years in order to get two great players in the draft which would change their franchise [Reinhart and Eichel].

And after all that what assurances are there that the club will become anything? People I know act like because we bottomed out, we are destined a Cup

Besides you can argue the Bills have tanked for 15 years already. How has that worked out?

Edited by MarkyMannn

Derek Carr was a 2nd round pick. Bridgewater was the 32nd pick in the draft. There's no reason to tank unless there's a 2nd coming of John Elway that you know about.

Derek Carr appears to be a franchise QB. Bortles appears to be a franchise QB. Why anyone is anointing Bridgewater anything is beyond me. I don't think I'd trade Taylor Bridgewater straight up. In fact, I wouldn't.

And after all that what assurances are there that the club will become anything? People I know act like because we bottomed out, we are destined a Cup

Besides you can argue the Bills have tanked for 15 years already. How has that worked out?

If the Bills were tanking all of this time, they would have been finishing 2-14 or 3-13 vice 6-10 or 7-9 and would have been drafting in the Top 5 every year.