Report: Seantrel Henderson Has Crohn's Disease

26CornerBlitz

@mikerodak

Bills’ Seantrel Henderson reportedly has Crohn’s Disease. Here’s @MikeReiss story on how affected NE’s Matt Light: http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7903017/matt-light-reveals-decade-long-battle-crohns

@viccarucci

#Bills OT Seantrel Henderson is battling Crohn's disease & could miss final 3 games of the season. Full story: http://bit.ly/1ZcCBZY

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's had to come out of a couple of games when he was throwing up. It makes sense now.

@mikerodak

Bills OT Seantrel Henderson has lost 20 pounds because of Crohn’s disease and was hospitalized in Philly, per @viccarucci.

That's a tough blow - at least he's a naturally big dude so it shouldnt be too hard to pack the pounds back on. Lots of food you have to avoid with that. Can't drink anymore either.

Once he has it all back under controll he should be fine.

My Son has it. While he's a weekend wrestler, he has to back out of a few appearances every year when the bouts kick up. Yes, its manageable, but when it flairs up, there's no quick remedy.

Good for your son...working through the trouble and going after something he enjoys. He'll be much more mature than his peers.

Edit: Not good that he has Crohn's (obviously). Evidently, today the gap between my brain and the keyboard is larger than normal! :bag:

BTW, I was curious to see if there were any organization advocating for those suffering from Crohn's and driving research. I found this site: http://www.ccfa.org/. I'm sure Chandler#81 has access to more resources, but I thought others might be looking for a little more information on what Crohn's is like.

Edited by dulles

That's going plague him for life and he will miss games often because of it

Hate to say it but I do not think he can really have a career with this disease. he may be good for weeks, and he could be down for weeks too.. It would be hard for him to maintain football shape....

For all those suffering.. I feel for you. I have a buddy who suffers and he is constantly missing work on personal leave to take care of this condition. When it flares up its a nightmare

Take Care of your self Sentrel.. I sincerely wish you well.

Crohn's is manageable.

Most crohnies lose a significant amount of weight and 70% will need surgery.

For an o-lineman where over weight is a necessity, this could be an issue in the future. He needs to gain or maintain.

Best of Luck and we hope to see you on the field next year.

Imo

Crohn's is manageable.

For an o-lineman where over weight is a necessity, this could be an issue in the future. He needs to gain or maintain.

Imo

The rate of folks needing surgery is higher than 70, and almost every patient who has one surgery will require additional surgeries down the line because Crohn's grows back faster in the places where you operate. The medications vary, but the most common ones decrease bone mass which is a big problem for people playing contact sports, especially at the professional level. Hydration and nutrition are huge obstacles as well for athletes fighting this disease.

It's not impossible to play football with Crohn's, but it's going to be damn difficult for Seantrel. I wish him nothing but the best.

Crohn's is manageable.

Imo

i just read he lost 20 pounds. I hate to say this but I am concerned for Seantrel. First, playing a position where weight is important this illness can do him in. Second, I can't imagine the physical conditioning necessary to play pro-football will not affect his illness.