Dareus: Bills Jumped the Gun on the Rex Ryan Hype

26CornerBlitz

I know it's Rodak, and people like to shoot the messenger, but this article is Exhibit A on why Rex Ryan is just a blowhard con artist who bedazzled the inept owners and front office of the Bills into hiring an incompetent head coach (and one almost universally ridiculed on this Board as the Jets' head coach prior to his hiring by the Bills). The quote about not changing the defense and going with the personnel's strength is perhaps the most obvious example of Rex just blowing smoke (or flat out lying through his teeth). Given his contract, the Bills are stuck with this clown for at least another year or two. Perhaps they will fall to such lows they will get the #1 pick in a bumper year for QBs. That may end up being the only positive out of the Ryan Era.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fans too. There were only a handful of people on this website that thought they would be about the same team as they were last year in terms of record.

It was blasphemy to say they would be around 8-8/9-7 and not making the playoffs prior to the season.

I'm sure most of us thought we'd have the incredible rash of injuries that are as much a reason for this team's struggles as any.

This team has suffered more key injuries at inopportune times than any in my memory. It has cost us at least three wins and maybe more.

Its, like, so much easier to just read the headline.

I can't believe that Dareus hates Rex so much!! :beer:

the players are finally taking some accountability. Better late than never!

Half the posts here clearly didn't read the article or listen to the interview because the comments don't align with what Dareus said.

he is saying nothing more than some of us have been saying....they are moving in the right direction and it was foolish to believe it would have worked 100% in the first year...nothing to see here. this team is a good work in progress and will be more than fine

before i read the rest of this thread getting twisted up. I was pleased to read that Marcel has pointed out what we should have expected as the answer to the struggle and in effectiveness the front seven have imposed so far this year.

Especially the first half of the season. Rex should have maybe just said at some point. Its a new scheme and takes quite awhile to gel.

Does not matter what he would have said i guess. w/l is all that really matters.

I had low expectations and high hopes for this year

I don't see this as Dareus throwing Ryan under the bus at all. He is saying that the players are at fault too. It's definitely not bickering.

This is what i gathered too.

Heres the thing kids. and most All of you seem to miss it, And it is right in front of you.

Pegulas signed Rex for 5 Years, He is not on a tryout!!

Those fools that think he will be gone this year cannot see the broad side of a barn.

Only Fans think he needed playoffs this year, regardless of what he said to the media.

Nothing works long term by creating immediate returns.

Rex is here and whatever the hell he is building wont get built in a day.

MD just figured that out

What a walking, talking !@#$ing joke of a human being this guy is! I'll make a gaurantee! I gaurantee he goes home after press conferences with the media and tells his wife "hunny....the press loves me. They eat up everything I say and think I'm hilarious", as he dumb a bottle of Frank's Red Hot on her toes and gets to slurping.

The last couple lines he said there are priceless. "You mentioned how well we played on defense last year. You know, 4th in the league is probably a little disappointing, to be honest with you. Cuz that's not where my expectations are. I know we will lead the league in defense."

I wonder how that sAck of **** feels now. He should resign like marone and mularky. YOUR A FAILURE! !@#$ing fat piece of ****

Fans too. There were only a handful of people on this website that thought they would be about the same team as they were last year in terms of record.

It was blasphemy to say they would be around 8-8/9-7 and not making the playoffs prior to the season.

Had no qb picked until a few weeks before opener, new system on both sides of the ball, qb had zero nfl starts. We knew Percy and Goodwin were going on I.R. after the first month as usual.

Honestly we are about where I figured. Excited about TT's potential, Darby, Karlos, Rambo etc.

Need another season w Tyrod, he will have a great offseason and put up 10 wins next year. Too much talent and

Work ethic there to not be a solid qb in this league.

he is saying nothing more than some of us have been saying....they are moving in the right direction and it was foolish to believe it would have worked 100% in the first year...nothing to see here. this team is a good work in progress and will be more than fine

Pooj, why was the switch from Pettine to Schwartz so painless? What is so different wrt Ryan? Here is my explanation:

1) Rex has no control over this team.

2) Rex wants 100 million dollar pass rushers to be defensive backs in a non-aggressive defense.

It really is a sickening sight to behold imo.

Pooj, why was the switch from Pettine to Schwartz so painless? What is so different wrt Ryan? Here is my explanation:

1) Rex has no control over this team.

2) Rex wants 100 million dollar pass rushers to be defensive backs in a non-aggressive defense.

It really is a sickening sight to behold imo.

I think pettine and gym shorts both used our pass rushers to rush the passer. Assigned them a gap and attack it. Rex/Thurman are playing a zone blitz type scheme with the lineman sometimes just anchoring. If we had the steelers lineman and linebackers from 7 years ago that would be cool but we dont.

Living in MD and seeing RR defense with the Ravens I can tell you in two words why his D was great: Ray Lewis.

I think it was right to sign him but listening to Cris carter this morning talk about suhs contract and how a DT can never be worth 100m unless he's the identity of the defense (i.e. Both the best on the field but also the hardest worker, guy that keeps other accountable, etc....) was compelling

Sure we did.

If we are going to play this ****ty gap control coverage scheme we can get much cheaper guys to do what Dareus, Kyle, and Mario are doing with the same **** results.

Nailed it. Rex D needs phenomenal linebackers and just needs the front to eat space with any fat strong schlubbs off of the street. The Bills elite talent is in the front 4 and not linebacker. Jimmys wide 9 accentuated a penetrating front four wreaking havoc funneling stuff inside and just asked linebackers to shed some blocks and contain the middle, which Bradham and Brown did well. Basically the front 7 needs to be scrapped and rebuilt, and until they get their hands on two pro bowler caliber ILBs and a jabba the hut NT, expect a middling defense.

This is what makes him criminally negligent. Prioritizing his joke of a "scheme" over the talent in the room. If he would have tabled his ego, Asked Schwarz and his scheme to stick around, this team might be a Super Bowl contender. Instead it's another fricken rebuild.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Sure we did.

If we are going to play this ****ty gap control coverage scheme we can get much cheaper guys to do what Dareus, Kyle, and Mario are doing with the same **** results.

Cheaper? Yea. But there's a reason that Rex drafted lineman high. It's a coveted skill still.

At the same time, those same people who claimed we would be 8-8 or 9-7 were also wrong. Their reasons are not the same reasons for our record. Not one person came out and said we would lose every RB on our Roster, Taylor would be pretty good but also miss game due to injury and play hurt the rest of the time, that all of our WRs would get hurt, some for the season, that our whole rights side of the OL and their backups would be hurt, that all our LBs would get hurt, that all of our DBs would miss time, we would lose our already thing group of safeties, our TE would be hurt at times.

Anyone who wants to stand up and start pointing fingers of "I told you so" is delusional. Literally, the refs in the Giants game stole a win from us...not to mention Hughes missing an easy tackle. And the 2 games EJ started we most likely win with Taylor if he's not hurt. That alone puts us at 9-4 before even touching everything else I mentioned.

So, people need to slow their role of wanting to be right and actually look at whats happened to this team.