POLL: Fire Rex and/or Whaley?

dtgolder

Should we fire Rex and Whaley?  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Pegulas release Rex and/or Whaley?

• Fire Rex now; keep Whaley
    • Fire Whaley now; keep Rex
    • Fire both Rex and Whaley
    • Keep both Rex and Whaley

The penalty epidemic is enough for me alone to say FIRE REX NOW! How many games could've been won this year if we were even somewhat disciplined. Rex almost chuckles at the notion anytime the penalty and issue is brought up.

I say at least three games were lost due to penalties.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is entirely true. You don't get a pass because fans think your roster is better than it is. You get judged on performance. And when you hire a team and a coaching staff you are responsible for the results.

Exactly, and the evaluation goes beyond wins and loses.

Coaching was terrible this year - straight up. Special Teams, Defensive play calling, penalties, challenges, clock management, those third and shorts that we always throw deep on... But Rex gave Tyrod a shot, and that was smart.. Players come to Buffalo for Rex.. so I'm torn.

End of the day, I doubt anyone is getting fired. We just need better from everyone. sigh.

For all the people crying about scheme changes from last year, you now want to make more scheme changes for next year?!

:wallbash:

Yes because I know that Rex wont ever get us to the playoffs and especially not win if he ever lucks into getting us there. SB? Give me a dang break.

I know Rex will NEVER get us to the promised land, so why should we waste the next 4 seasons LOSING. I'd rather go out and try to WIN NOW.

Jeepers everyone knew he was a bad hire. THats incredibly clear now. Get rid of him and move on. Act like this season never happened. Don't throw away 2-4 seasons because you cant own up to your mistake.

Seriously. Go out and hire the OC from Seattle. That guy is a good coach. His offense would work great with our players. Bring back Schwarts. he will give us a top 5 defense again. Come on its not too hard.

Edited by peterpan

My vote was based on two things...

1. I didn't like the hiring of Ryan in the first place.

2. The team is worse than last year (especially the defense...and by a wide margin).

I didn't care for Marone's personality but I thought he did a good job, and I really respected the defensive coaches. Rex is very smooth in front of the cameras but I did not like him bringing his retread coaches with him. His coaching record expresses mediocrity.

Edited by rpmfla

Ultimately, I would love to hire a man at the top and give him free reign and top budget to build a winning program from the top down, with attention given to every detail.

The reality is though, we are going to see how Rex is doing for at least one, more likely at least 2-3 more seasons. Also have committed cap money.

So Rex IS staying. Let him keep his staff, do what he wants there. Anything that happens is on him.

Also, keep Whaley. He gets an A from me for drafting so far. Like Rex, let him go a few years and either succeed or fall short.

Not gone, they are on IR, likely will see an injury settlement with Harvin. Bradham will likely be back. Don't think is injury was that serious, but timing was such wouldn't be gback in time and numbers were getting thin.

Harvin was essentially on a one year deal. No injury settlement necessary. He just won't be brought back.

The Browns have been to the playoffs more recently than the Bills have.

The Bills new owners, coaching staff are not responsible for past failures of the franchise.

Do you mind telling me what Whaley has done to deserve being fired? Because he's easily the best GM this team has had since John Butler.

Butler was a horrible GM, one of the worst and he starte3d this death spiral

Rob Johnson trade ridiculous contracts that killed us... He wasn't good at all IMO...

Yes because I know that Rex wont ever get us to the playoffs and especially not win if he ever lucks into getting us there. SB? Give me a dang break.

I know Rex will NEVER get us to the promised land, so why should we waste the next 4 seasons LOSING. I'd rather go out and try to WIN NOW.

Jeepers everyone knew he was a bad hire. THats incredibly clear now. Get rid of him and move on. Act like this season never happened. Don't throw away 2-4 seasons because you cant own up to your mistake.

Seriously. Go out and hire the OC from Seattle. That guy is a good coach. His offense would work great with our players. Bring back Schwarts. he will give us a top 5 defense again. Come on its not too hard.

What the Pegulas think is trying to win now is likely different from what you think. Ryan will get into at least year 3.

Exactly, and the evaluation goes beyond wins and loses.

Not in the way you're suggesting. You don't get credit for close games or building a roster that looks good on paper. You get credit based on whether your team wins or loses.

If you have the hardest schedule in the NFL and go 8-8 that might be marginally more impressive than going 8-8 against the easiest, but success, not Madden ratings, is the measuring stick.

I'm not giving Rex a pass on the team and the penalties, but why is the outrage with the HC and not with the players committing the penalties? You can't bench every player for every stupid penalty they make, so why do we only show outrage at Rex and not the team itself?

Also, please keep Whaley and Rex, lets not knee jerk and panic and let go of everyone.

Edited by MarkAF43