POLL: Fire Rex and/or Whaley?

dtgolder

Should we fire Rex and Whaley?  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Pegulas release Rex and/or Whaley?

• Fire Rex now; keep Whaley
    • Fire Whaley now; keep Rex
    • Fire both Rex and Whaley
    • Keep both Rex and Whaley

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaley has done his job well, so no he shouldn't be fired.

Even though Rex has been abysmal so far, if Ryan and Roman aren't given another year to get their systems fully in place, good luck getting any half-decent coach to give Buffalo a shot in the near future.

Sean Peyton is probably going to leave New Orleans. Pull the truck up to his porch and start unloading the green.

Snap reaction is to say it is ridiculous to fire Ryan at this point. When I think about it more, I wouldn't necessarily care if we replaced him this offseason. There are a few options/candidates that could be more exciting than a Ryan year-2 Bills. Something about this team doesn't seem like it's a building thing...there's a quality there that makes you think this is what you are going to get forever...

Snap reaction is to say it is ridiculous to fire Ryan at this point. When I think about it more, I wouldn't necessarily care if we replaced him this offseason. There are a few options/candidates that could be more exciting than a Ryan year-2 Bills. Something about this team doesn't seem like it's a building thing...there's a quality there that makes you think this is what you are going to get forever...

Bad year to hire a coach. There will be a lot of changes by teams looking to hire a head coach and the Bills will not get good candidates if they fired Rex after one year.

See Cleveland.

Here is what should happen. Thurman is fired. Pegula tells Rex that he is no longer in charge of the D. Hopefully Pettine is fired by the Browns and comes back next year as DC.

How does the GM who picked the HC get a pass on the HC's performance?

Whaley fanboy love dies hard.

(1) Pegula picked Rex; (2) judging a GM based off a HC hire among his many other duties is ridiculous.

Edited by RyanC883

Just a few tidbits on Twitter:

Joe Banner @JoeBanner13 5h5 hours ago

If Rex hadn't thrown ball on third and long until 2:00 minutes non of that happens. Thanks

Joe Banner Retweeted ltes go bills

So run a short high percentage play that gets FG & runs clock. Not what they did. Big mistake and eagles get kickoff

lets go bills @billstalk1

@JoeBanner13 how many yards were they from FG position. I love me some Joe Banner (come to Buf) but well worth the risk for 3 points.

Joe Banner @JoeBanner13 4h4 hours ago

Bills three man rush helping Eagles weak Oline survive. Hard to figure

Joe Banner @JoeBanner13 4h4 hours ago

I wonder if Rex will keep complimenting all the penalties as proof they are playing hard.

Joe Banner @JoeBanner13 3h3 hours ago

Joe Banner Retweeted Flaming Dragon

Not as good as Marone after adding a ton of talent. Bad outcome

Flaming Dragon @KirkkLazarus

@JoeBanner13 first year hc kept his team in playoff hunt in tough division. With a no name qb.

Joe Banner @JoeBanner13 3h3 hours ago

And then lost at least as many games. More talent should lead to more wins.

Flaming Dragon @KirkkLazarus

@JoeBanner13 ej manual at 16? Rex brought in tyrod and Mccoy. Also drafted Darby. Brought in Incognito.

Joe Banner @JoeBanner13 2h2 hours ago

I don't hate Rex. I don't like all the talk, and failure to back it up. Prefer less talk, & prove point with actions

Michael Wilbon @RealMikeWilbon 4h4 hours ago

Did I just hear 15 penalties on the Bills in this game? Isn't that the hallmark of a Rex Ryan team?

Brian Billick @CoachBillick 5h5 hours ago

Seems like it's an on-going trend for the #Bills' Sammy Watkins to be featured early and then disappear in the 2nd half. Just me?

Edited by Reed83HOF

The penalties and undisciplined play say everything I need to know about Rex.

Can Rex get better as a coach/game manager? Probably (certainly there is a lot of room for improvement)

But--he won't change his (or his team's) lack of character. And without character we will never have a winning team.

If you can see it now (and it's been evident throught Rex's past coaching stints) why wait another one (or two or three) years before releasing him?

Time to move on...I've certainly seen enough....

per the bolded, what makes you say "probably"? I've seen enough ....

How depressing it is reading this stuff.

Not as depressing as watching the Bills play. The Jets were a disaster last season. Rex get fired and they do a complete turn around. The Bills were 9 - 7 last year with a playoff caliber defense and a crappy head coach. The odds of them going 8 - 8 this season is remote. The common denomination is Rex. I have seen enough. This team should have made the playoffs.