If Chad Kelly declares... (Update - returning to Ole Miss)

YoloinOhio

Do you want the Bills to draft Chad Kelly?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. If Chad Kelly declares, do you want the Bills to draft him?

• Yes
    • No
    • He needs another year in college before I can decide

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo would be the worst thing for him, just a complete pressure cooker where he's constantly compared to his HOF uncle.

don't read the paper, social media, radio, tv, idiots, TSW etc.

He would have a good support group here. If he is any kind of player he will thrive under the pressure and is just the guy we want.

He should go back to school but I hope he comes out so we have a chance of grabbing him before he becomes a first rounder next yr. (although we still may have a shot at him then with this coaching regime.)

There's a little extra in it for the Bills to have a hometown kid…someone that won't bellyache about the nightclubs and fly home on his days off.

Those that think he's going to be stolen in the 6th or as a UDFA are forgetting the premium on the QB position. Kaepernick was projected 4th/5th and went in the 2nd. Russell Wilson projected 4th-6th, went in the 3rd. Ponder…Tanny-hill…Barkley….Garappolo , Locker...EJ etc.

If you think he's got pro potential, want the guy and he's there top of round 3, you have to trade up and get him. I don't think I could live with getting "Gronk'd" by Chad for 20 years should a divisional rival get him!!!!! (Jets, Fins and Pats could all use QB's of the future)

Good point on the premium on the QB position. It's an insane premium, but it is reality.

I refine my comment from before: if Chad comes out early, he's a UDFA. If he stays for a full college run (is he a Junior, it's hard to tell with his transfers?), he will be a round 4 to 7 guy. At least that's what my water pitcher told me while I was writing a manifesto in my hotel room last night.

To me he is exactly the kind of QB i want this year

- Can get him after our 1st round pick

- Loads of talent

- Can sit behind a starter and be groomed

You are right IMO.

He's best served going back to school for another year but if he comes out this year he is an ideal prospect to sit behind Tyrod for a couple of years. If he comes out he will likely cost at least a third. If he waits and has another good season he is a first rounder IMO.

He's mobile, has a cannon for an arm and, here's the thing, he is accurate with it.

Hes also a red ass competitor. I like that.

You are right IMO.

He's best served going back to school for another year but if he comes out this year he is an ideal prospect to sit behind Tyrod for a couple of years. If he comes out he will likely cost at least a third. If he waits and has another good season he is a first rounder IMO.

He's mobile, has a cannon for an arm and, here's the thing, he is accurate with it.

Hes also a red ass competitor. I like that.

The flip side is he is the type of guy who would stir up stuff in the lockerroom if he thinks he should be playing. It's basically what happened in Clemson. Especially considering his uncle and being in his hometown.

The flip side is he is the type of guy who would stir up stuff in the lockerroom if he thinks he should be playing. It's basically what happened in Clemson. Especially considering his uncle and being in his hometown.

Thats what the interview and other due diligence procedures are all about. I would make it clear to him straight up that he is in no way ready to start and sits for years in the most likely scenario. If he can't live with that I would pass.

You local boys may be closer to the action than us out of towners, but he seems to have turned it around maturation wise and I have to think Jimbo could help mentor him for that.

Thats what the interview and other due diligence procedures are all about. I would make it clear to him straight up that he is in no way ready to start and sits for years in the most likely scenario. If he can't live with that I would pass.

You local boys may be closer to the action than us out of towners, but he seems to have turned it around maturation wise and I have to think Jimbo could help mentor him for that.

I really do hope he has grown up. I always root a little harder for Buffalo kids. But he was by all accounts about as big of a richardhead as there was. Like getting sloppy wasted, grabbing on females, and physically getting thrown out of bars. And this was before that big instance caught on tape.

I also think a key is how he handle himself out of football season. It's a lot harder to get into trouble when you are busy in season. He is in the Manziel territory right now. He is much more physically skilled but there are a lot of similarities.

kind of like this comment

I hate talking about people's intelligence but let's just say he is not known for being a rocket scientist. But then again, that's what a St. Joe's education does for you. :)

I really do hope he has grown up. I always root a little harder for Buffalo kids. But he was by all accounts about as big of a richardhead as there was. Like getting sloppy wasted, grabbing on females, and physically getting thrown out of bars. And this was before that big instance caught on tape.

I also think a key is how he handle himself out of football season. It's a lot harder to get into trouble when you are busy in season. He is in the Manziel territory right now. He is much more physically skilled but there are a lot of similarities.

I hate talking about people's intelligence but let's just say he is not known for being a rocket scientist. But then again, that's what a St. Joe's education does for you. :)

he is out of Manziel world now and is no different than Winstons past.

My nephew played on St. Joe's football team with him. According to him, if there's a bigger d**k in western NY, it'd be a surprise.

I thought that title was held by Patrick Kane? I don't have first hand knowledge.. but his rep is less than great.

"Due diligence" is not a OBD strongpoint. And Things like that.

I say no way at this point. As to being dumb, there was Terry Bradshaw. But Bradshaw had outstanding measurables. Does this kid?

Kelly's measurables will be good. He has a cannon (maybe the strongest in the draft), he is really athletic (rushed for double digit TDs playing in the SEC) and has the pedigree. Chad Kelly will look impressive. My only reservation is his decision making on and off the field. In terms of skills he is fantastic.