Tyrod was everything I wanted in a QB today

Virgil

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, good points! He is definitely a leader. EJ was always afraid to speak up to teammates like that.

For sure, and Orton just didn't care once he checked out towards the end of the season. Fitz was the last QB here I remember having that kind of fire and leadership on the field.

He was Take Charge Tyrod today! I love the way he moved in the pocket, delivered the ball, and used his legs today. It was great when he repositioned Gragg and told him to "HURRY UP!"

:beer::beer:

Yea yea... Pretend it's sarcasm now.

Who said it was sarcasm? He played a pretty great game. But he did have a few very questionable throws, and at least one very close pick-6.

Not a big deal, though...every QB throws a few head scratchers, even the best. I'm happy with him.

baby steps. He threw over the middle with anticipation (Clay drop) and evaded the rush and still threw the ball downfield (right side to Sammy and the Woods slip in the end zone)

Nice TD to Woods (who is driving me crazy) and developing chemistry with his go to guy Sammy.

All this against a good defense.

So far so good.

Edited by Fixxxer

Two of his best passes appear on the stat sheet as incompletions. Clay's drop and the mccoy non-PI call was a beautiful throw that was made perfectly just to draw that flag. Refs robbed him there.

There is absolutely no way that he was trying to throw a 50-50 jump ball to his halfback 18 yards down field, on his own side of the field, on purpose. It was an errant throw caused by pressure.

I agree on the Clay throw. It was fantastic ball, using the middle of the field, and didn't look to be the primary read. May have been the most important throw of the year in terms of development.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

There is absolutely no way that he was trying to throw a 50-50 jump ball to his halfback 18 yards down field, on his own side of the field, on purpose. It was an errant throw caused by pressure.

thinking he was talking about the one in the endzone to McCoy

Honestly, despite a few head scratching throws, I can't imagine how anyone would be uncomfortable with a first-year starter who threw for 3TDs, ran for another, and has had 0 INTS in 6 straight games.

Honestly, despite a few head scratching throws, I can't imagine how anyone would be uncomfortable with a first-year starter who threw for 3TDs, ran for another, and has had 0 INTS in 6 straight games.

Agreed. I'm not "sold on him" in the sense that his sample size is still just too small. But it's hard not to like what he's been doing all things considered. He really made an impact on me today though, in a must win game he came up big. That's the kind of QB play we need.

Agreed. I'm not "sold on him" in the sense that his sample size is still just too small. But it's hard not to like what he's been doing all things considered. He really made an impact on me today though, in a must win game he came up big. That's the kind of QB play we need.

Dude has been more than the Bills could have ever hoped for at QB this year, but the defense has let them down bigtime...that's on Rex Ryan.

Dude has been more than the Bills could have ever hoped for at QB this year, but the defense has let them down bigtime...that's on Rex Ryan.

This is the first game the Bills have won all year when the opposing team scores 21 or more points.

I say this not to crap on Tyrod after his best game of the year, but to illustrate that it hasn't been all the defenses fault.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Very nice game by Tyrod. I'm glad it wasn't wasted by a loss. In postgame Rex mentioned that he had been very good in practice this week with the ball only hitting the ground once on Wednesday. He definitely has something worth keeping. Now he needs time and development and we might end up with our long sought after answer.

Who said it was sarcasm? He played a pretty great game. But he did have a few very questionable throws, and at least one very close pick-6.

Not a big deal, though...every QB throws a few head scratchers, even the best. I'm happy with him.

I thought that was fair crit...he had a couple of throws very close to ints today......but that is part of the aggressive play.....he is overall taking care of that ball

Tyrod wanted this game.

it showed.

We might have a keeper GT.

He sure did play the role of leader today.

For those who think a Qb need to carry the team to be legit, Taylor carried more than his share !

Damn fine game from him and Roman

Very nice game by Tyrod. I'm glad it wasn't wasted by a loss. In postgame Rex mentioned that he had been very good in practice this week with the ball only hitting the ground once on Wednesday. He definitely has something worth keeping. Now he needs time and development and we might end up with our long sought after answer.

Homer :bag: