Trump Alone at the Top

I didn't know until today that you're a tranny basher Cug. :lol:

Not a tranny basher, just a fan of some of the John Waters movies.

I never understood the principle of blaming someone for having followers when they have absolutely no control over who follows them.

I don't care that a third of Trump's followers on Twitter are white supremacists. They don't represent Trump...they choose to follow his Twitter account.

Oh, so this doesn't represent anything significant about Trump as a candidate or about which side the racists are lining up on for this cycle?

Trump is certainly being coy about kind-of-but-not-really disavowing this element.

Edited by Cugalabanza

I never understood the principle of blaming someone for having followers when they have absolutely no control over who follows them.

I don't care that a third of Trump's followers on Twitter are white supremacists. They don't represent Trump...they choose to follow his Twitter account.

That's what I thought when David Duke came out in support of Trump. People freaked, crying that Trump must be racist because Duke supported him. I figure David Duke probably eats hamburgers, but just because I eat them too doesn't make me racist by association.

That's what I thought when David Duke came out in support of Trump. People freaked, crying that Trump must be racist because Duke supported him. I figure David Duke probably eats hamburgers, but just because I eat them too doesn't make me racist by association.

I think it's a little disingenuous to pretend like there is no meaningful REASON that Duke and others support Trump. I think we all know that they do because they believe it will help their cause. I think we all also know that Trump has played his hand carefully in not alienating these people.

Oh, so this doesn't represent anything significant about Trump as a candidate or about which side the racists are lining up on for this cycle?

No.

The logic of "People who follow Trump also follow racist Twitter accounts, therefore Trump is racist!" is so whacked it's not even worth discussing (by the same logic, Hillary's a vegan because many of her followers follow animal rights' groups like PETA) . Neither is the deeply flawed "methodology" of the "study" you're referencing - because it's not like people ever follow hashtags or accounts on Twitter that they disagree with, and let's not even consider the difference between positive and negative correlations.

I think it's a little disingenuous to pretend like there is no meaningful REASON that Duke and others support Trump. I think we all know that they do because they believe it will help their cause. I think we all also know that Trump has played his hand carefully in not alienating these people.

I think it's even more disingenuous to pretend that's because Trump supports them.

And stop making me sound like I'm defending that rancid orange peanut, dammit!

Like this Trump supporter? Funny how few national media outlets ran this story?

Farrakhan criticized Clinton's judgement as secretary of state and brought up some issues dating back to the 2008 campaign. Apparently citing the popular book "Game Change," he recalled the reported interaction between former President Bill Clinton and then-Sen.Ted Kennedy.

Bill Clinton wanted Kennedy to endorse Hillary over Barack Obama, and reportedly told Kennedy, “A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.”

After Kennedy endorsed Obama, Clinton reportedly said, “the only reason you are endorsing him is because he’s black. Let’s just be clear.”

No.

The logic of "People who follow Trump also follow racist Twitter accounts, therefore Trump is racist!" is so whacked it's not even worth discussing (by the same logic, Hillary's a vegan because many of her followers follow animal rights' groups like PETA) . Neither is the deeply flawed "methodology" of the "study" you're referencing - because it's not like people ever follow hashtags or accounts on Twitter that they disagree with, and let's not even consider the difference between positive and negative correlations.

I think it's even more disingenuous to pretend that's because Trump supports them.

And stop making me sound like I'm defending that rancid orange peanut, dammit!

Technically, you are correct. The logic is unsound. And the study is imperfect. And yet...it's clear that one person is the candidate of the white supremacists.

Technically, you are correct. The logic is unsound. And the study is imperfect. And yet...it's clear that one person is the candidate of the white supremacists.

Ahh the you've proven me wrong but I'm still right defense.

Let's see how this plays out...

Unfortunately nearly everyone has the right to vote which includes white supremacists, the black panthers and a variety of other idiots.

No, it's not that clear. Because it could equally be true that the other party is NOT the party of white supremacists. Which is what makes it far more than an "imperfect" study - it contains an inherent bias towards its own conclusion.

Because really...how many white supremacists do you think would ever vote Democrat?

Ahh the you've proven me wrong but I'm still right defense.

Let's see how this plays out...

You know it's significant, but you, like Trump, coyly pretend that all those votes aren't valuable to your side.

...how many white supremacists do you think would ever vote Democrat?

exactly. The only difference with Trump is that now they think they REALLY have their golden boy.

Edited by Cugalabanza

DISPATCHES FROM THE MEMORY HOLE

Shot: NPR Show: Trump Ushered in ‘Rebirth’ Of ‘Nation’s Hatred.’

NewsBusters, November 1st.

Chaser: Taxpayer-Funded Immaturity: NPR Teaches Readers ‘To Speak Tea Bag.’

NewsBusters, January 4, 2010.

As Glenn has noted, “I’m increasingly concerned that the neutralization of the Tea Party movement — an effort by both major parties — may have convinced a lot of people that civics-book style polite political participation is for chumps.”

You know it's significant, but you, like Trump, coyly pretend that all those votes aren't valuable to your side.

exactly. The only difference with Trump is that now they think they REALLY have their golden boy.

If you think I'm voting for Trump you're insane.

But maybe my Twitter followers are voting for Trump? If that's true I guess I have to as well.

Then show us the study that demonstrates that. Then show us the study that demonstrates they're actually right (since, y'know, you're talking about preternatural idiots who probably don't understand Trump's positions on anything anyway.)

Are you voting for Hillary?

I did already. I realize that probably disqualifies everything I say according to most of you. I'm just trying to be a different voice a little bit over here. Don't you guys ever get tired of agreeing with each other all the time?

I'm troubled by some of Hillary's baggage. But I think much of it is overblown. I'm not a democrat, but I tend to vote for democrats more often than not.

Then show us the study that demonstrates that. Then show us the study that demonstrates they're actually right (since, y'know, you're talking about preternatural idiots who probably don't understand Trump's positions on anything anyway.)

Oh that's right, many of the white supremacists are following Trump because they DON'T like him. (statistically possible, but doesn't hold water)

Are the preternatural idiots right that Trump is their savior? Probably not. However, Trump has courted them, he values their votes and I think these crazy groups would rally around a Trump victory. If I had these nuts following me around, I'd be worried. I'd do something about it. Trump doesn't seem to mind. Far from it.

I did already. I realize that probably disqualifies everything I say according to most of you. I'm just trying to be a different voice a little bit over here. Don't you guys ever get tired of agreeing with each other all the time?

I'm troubled by some of Hillary's baggage. But I think much of it is overblown. I'm not a democrat, but I tend to vote for democrats more often than not.

What do you believe is overblown?

Not a tranny basher, just a fan of some of the John Waters movies.

Trump is certainly being coy about kind-of-but-not-really disavowing this element.

you're as off in the head on this as that racist democrat thinks blacks are...

Your statistics of social media, your assertion that Republicans are racist, your entire everything is just flat out wrong and its amazing you can't see it. Anyone debating or arguing against you is wasting their time. You're a part of the groupthink lemmings this country has created. Its sad