Trump Alone at the Top

If only you listened.

Listen:

I get it. I understand the absolute inability individuals had to cast a ballot for Hillary Clinton. She belongs no where near the oval office.

But let's not delude ourselves by pretending that Trump is a great candidate. His warts are very real.

His ascension is a direct rebuke of Clinton, not an endorsement of Trump.

He did not win the popular election, and actually drew fewer votes than Mitt Romney and George W. Bush did in the prior four presidential contests.

America fled from these two candidates, as well they should have.

Listen:

I get it. I understand the absolute inability individuals had to cast a ballot for Hillary Clinton. She belongs no where near the oval office.

But let's not delude ourselves by pretending that Trump is a great candidate. His warts are very real.

He did not win the popular election, and actually drew fewer votes than Mitt Romney and George W. Bush did in the prior four presidential contests.

I don't think you're going to get much argument around here. Those of us that are grateful that we're not facing another Clinton presidency are, it appears to me, keeping their fingers crossed that things might not work out too badly. But that remains to be seen.

Edited by Azalin

It can NOT be understated that Trump flipped Wisconsin, Michigan and PENNSYLVANIA from blue to red. Those states simply don't vote Republican and haven't for 20+ years.

They didn't in this election either.

They voted less Republican than they have over the last 20+ years.

Clinton was simply such a poor candidate that she didn't bring out support. If the Democrats run a batter candidate, they win those states.

Again: this election result was a rebuke of Clinton, nothing more.

Clinton was simply such a poor candidate that she didn't bring out support. If the Democrats run a batter candidate, they win those states.

Granted, he's a RINO.

But then again, there aren't any real republicans any more if we're being honest.

Also, I think Trump won because voters believed his promises. It is the same reason he could keep starting businesses in spite of repeated bankruptcies. He is tremendous at convincing people

Could just as easily have said "Clinton lost because voters didn't believe her." Would likely be more technically correct. ;)

Also, I think Trump won because voters believed his promises. It is the same reason he could keep starting businesses in spite of repeated bankruptcies. He is tremendous at convincing people

Trump won because he's a marketing machine, great at promoting his brand, and Hillary's the poster child of the Democratic Party's ongoing campaign to alienate anyone who disagrees with them.

Listen:

I'm just giving LA schit for being the loudest and most obnoxious "Trump has no chance to win, it's gonna be a blowout" guy on PPP.

Trump is a bad candidate and a bad person. No doubt and no question.

Also, I think Trump won because voters believed his promises. It is the same reason he could keep starting businesses in spite of repeated bankruptcies. He is tremendous at convincing people.

I'm interested in how he will provide the high paying benefit laden jobs that people are pissed about either losing or never having a chance at, basically he has promised those types of jobs to guys with a high school level of education at least they think he has around here- if they don't come in a year or two I think mass violence is not out of the question.

I'm interested in how he will provide the high paying benefit laden jobs that people are pissed about either losing or never having a chance at, basically he has promised those types of jobs to guys with a high school level of education at least they think he has around here- if they don't come in a year or two I think mass violence is not out of the question.

Just like any politician, he'll blame the weather and political gridlock.

You know he won't provide those jobs.

It never ceases to amaze me that people actually believe this is how our country works.

Looking at the predictable leftist meltdown on the usual sites, no one is willing to recognize that Dems nominated a fatal candidate. Just looking at the polls, it's becoming more clear that Hillary lost a lot of support that went to Obama in 2012. As of now, Hillary received 6 million less votes than Obama, and Trump received less total votes than Romney.

HC will win the popular vote

You know he won't provide those jobs.

It never ceases to amaze me that people actually believe this is how our country works.

Nope I don't Know - I think the odds are about a billion to one against but I don't know - I do know it's playing with fire promising those jobs and then not delivering them to well armed white people who haven't totally been conditioned to accept being screwed over.

It was a close election between two flawed candidates. In her case she didn't deserve to win. She'll look back and realize that had she made a few decisions differently while she was secretary of state, she'd more than likely be the president elect this morning. It's a lesson for all politicians.

from your link:

"I think this election highlights how, as a Stanford student, you can’t really internalize and comprehend how more than half a nation is able to vote for a candidate that we all take for granted as representing and embodying everything that we might find wrong; yet [the election] highlights the fact that we are living in and being educated in a bubble.”

I'm surprised by the level of introspection, but the kid actually summed it up very well.

I'm just giving LA schit for being the loudest and most obnoxious "Trump has no chance to win, it's gonna be a blowout" guy on PPP.

Now, now...I was loud and I was obnoxious...but there's no way I was louder or more obnoxious than Greggy.

He COULD do it, but he will go into his first two years with control of the House and Senate, and it's my understanding from 2008 that he'll get nothing done while holding all the branches because the Dems will block his every move.*

*Amazing how stupid that sounds from the back of the bus, eh?

Nope I don't Know - I think the odds are about a billion to one against but I don't know - I do know it's playing with fire promising those jobs and then not delivering them to well armed white people who haven't totally been conditioned to accept being screwed over.

So wait. We've just elected a President who promised things that he will likely not be able to deliver? This is so unprecedented. How did this happen?

It was a close election between two flawed candidates. In her case she didn't deserve to win. She'll look back and realize that had she made a few decisions differently while she was secretary of state, she'd more than likely be the president elect this morning. It's a lesson for all politicians.

You're saying she's going to look back on this and accept some of the blame? Did you really just say that?? Seriously??? :w00t:

Sound like more "shovel ready projects".

Just like previous, the truth of that label is relevant to what you expect to be shoveling.

I can't wait to see him sprint away from that "build a wall" nonsense. You'd think a construction magnate would know you can't build a frickin' 2000-mile long wall in two years (which is what he promised.)

I can't wait to see him sprint away from that "build a wall" nonsense. You'd think a construction magnate would know you can't build a frickin' 2000-mile long wall in two years (which is what he promised.)

The wall talk was something to get people fired up. It was never going to happen. As long as he secures the border, people will be okay with not having a wall.

The wall talk was something to get people fired up. It was never going to happen. As long as he secures the border, people will be okay with not having a wall.

I'm convinced that there will indeed be some fairly sizeable sections built. There's already some fairly lengthy stretches of wall along the border with Mexico. I do agree though that the concept of something ala the great wall of China going up is laughable.

Seriously dude, you have a problem with that?

And she gets the participation trophy for her efforts.

Where's the "Re-Elect Trump --- 20" on her ??

:rolleyes:

On her Rump of course! :ph34r:

You live in a bubble as much as any left-elitist if you believe that - I live in 40 miles away from Buffalo now surrounded by Trump supporters and they 100% believe he's going to build a wall and deport illegals and bring back good manufacturing jobs and they are going to be very very very pissed if he doesn't.

You live in a bubble as much as any left-elitist if you believe that - I live in 40 miles away from Buffalo now surrounded by Trump supporters and they 100% believe he's going to build a wall and deport illegals and bring back good manufacturing jobs and they are going to be very very very pissed if he doesn't.

And then they'll vote for the democratic populist...

And like journey says, it goes on and on and on and on....

Damn you for making me quote journey.