Bring Back Jim Schwartz Next Season Please.....

Protocal69

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at who his players were. In really feel that Schwartz would be better head coach the 2nd time around

The team he brought from 0-16 to 10-6 was pretty much the same one he then road to 4-12 the next year. His offense that year was ranked 3rd in yards (Stafford and Megatron aren't too shabby). His defense included Suh, Cliff Avril, Justin Durant, Steve TullochChris Houston.

He wasn't lacking talent. He's a crappy HC.

He also didn't do very well as a HC. Just like Rex, they both were good coordinators who as HC have struggled.

He had the option to stay as defensive coordinator. You are right. I would have left too under those circumstances. I'm quite sure if he was hired to be the head coach he would have stayed. Big Difference.

Even if they would have hired a offensive minded coach he would have at least thought about staying. With Rex being though of as a defense mind and Schwartz thinking of himself as a great defensive mind, like I said I would have left to

Can we also replace a 31 year old Mario Williams with a 29 year old Mario. Also let's replace a 33 year old kyle with a 31 year old kyle. The heart of the D has hit the wall my friends. Accept and move on.

Both certainly seem to be a lot more susceptible to injury and they're rumored to be not very fond of the Rex Ryan defensive system. It'll be interesting to see what the future holds for these two at OBD.

I'm not saying for them to come exist. I'm saying fire Rex and eat the 20 million and bring Schwartz back. I know it's easy for me to say cause it's not my money but if I am truly about winning then I pull the trigger.

This is not like the Cleveland Browns when they fired their coach after one year because they sucked the year before he came and to fire him after 1 year was wrong. Our situation was we were 8-8 or 9-7 depending on how you want to look at it with a semi dominate defense and just needed someone to get us better on offense.

So what happens? We get worse on defense and barley better if any on offense mostly due to bad decisions by the coaching staff and not due to talent on the field. That to me is a first year fireable offense. We are just in tough spot if we don't win out. 10-6 and no playoffs I can live with , however 8-8 or worse it's time for Rex to go

The Pegulas may feel the opposite of you. They may be truly about winning, and feel that the best plan of action is to stay the course. They likely believe in Rex and were expecting some first year growing pains in transition. The franchise has constantly churned through Head coaches and that's likely not something that will produce winning results. Unless there is a slam dunk premiere head coach available , closer to Belichick class than Schwartz class, it's just not happening. The money is a factor, but they don't give him that contract if they aren't buying in. You don't and they do. It's not like the Bills have a Brady or Rodgers and are 5-6. This was still a team with no proven quality QB at the key position in football. Irrational exuberance from the fans aside, the Pegualas expectations may have been different from yours. There is zero chance of Schwartz coming back here.

That's because there really isn't that much more talent. McCoy and Incognito are the only significant upgrades from 2014.

Darby is an upgrade from McKelvin at CB. Clay is a big improvement at TE . It seems that Tyrod Taylor is limiting this offense and it's potential effectiveness. I don't think he uses the middle of the field enough to take advantage of the TE. He's better than EJ, but the O is still only going to go as far as the QB can take them.

Darby is an upgrade from McKelvin at CB. Clay is a big improvement at TE . It seems that Tyrod Taylor is limiting this offense and it's potential effectiveness. I don't think he uses the middle of the field enough to take advantage of the TE. He's better than EJ, but the O is still only going to go as far as the QB can take them.

I was only referring to the offense, but yes on defense Darby is probably the only significant upgrade on D. Clay should be but they can't seem to utilize him consistently. That's probably due to Taylor -- I agree he's limiting the offense. That's life with a first year QB.

And now your credibility is solidified.

Yeah because that 24pts per game this year is way more than the 21ppg they scored last year after spending all that money on Clay, Harvin,Mccoy,Incognito,ect.Not to mention Tyrod.

Again I don't like Hackett at all but so far the results aren't there yet.

Edited by Protocal69

Yeah because that 24pts per game this year is way more than the 21ppg they scored last year after spending all that money on Clay, Harvin,Mccoy,Incognito,ect.Not to mention Tyrod.

Again I don't like Hackett at all but so far the results aren't there yet.

Mario aint the same mario. Kyle has been hurt all year. It's pretty much the same thing as last year when you look at it. Feast games where we get a bunch of turnovers, or close games we lost when we turned the ball over.

We might not bring in any of the guys you mention also... people like playing for Rex. He has earned that reputation over the years.

The team he brought from 0-16 to 10-6 was pretty much the same one he then road to 4-12 the next year. His offense that year was ranked 3rd in yards (Stafford and Megatron aren't too shabby). His defense included Suh, Cliff Avril, Justin Durant, Steve TullochChris Houston.

He wasn't lacking talent. He's a crappy HC.

The poster said that the team was undisciplined which was true but it's not like on defense he had choir boys while at detroit.

It's funny because most people based upon their opinion would never hired bill bellichick after his Cleveland tenor.

At the end of the day I just want the Bills to win. It's easier for me to take the Bills losing if the talent was not there. For the team to possibly be worse after adding more talent is very fustrating to say the least. Let's not mention the fact that the coach stated that if we were not the #1 defense in the league that we would have under achieved. Well now look.

That points to the head coach. Remember his team in the past when from good to bad. Not the other way around. I hope to eat some crow soon but I have my doubts

Edited by Protocal69

1. This has been discussed ad naseum
  2. Schwartz had the option to stay, he opted not to
  3. You people are insane

Schwartz had the option to stay and switch to Rex's loser defensive scheme--which was no option whatsoever. Will you acknowledge this simple fact? The minute they hired Rex it was bye bye Schwartz. I said that when it happened and I was sick and certain the defense would fall off this year.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But the Pegulas fell in love with Rex's teeth whitener and BS blowhard macho act, and here we are, dropping Dareus into pass coverage.

If they had any sense they would fire Rex today, but they won't.

Hire Scwartz as HC.

That's what I was saying when Marone quit. Make Schwartz the HC--the defense was the strength of the team last year--and hire a good OC and add personnel to fix the offense.

Instead they hire Rex, whose specialty is defense, and who is wedded to his complex 3-4 scheme, and he drives the defense into the ditch. At this point I doubt the Pegulas are going to fire him unless they go 6-10 or thereabouts on the season. I'm figuring they'll gasp their way to 8-8 and we'll have to endure loudmouth Rex for at least another half season until he gets himself fired.

Schwartz had the option to stay and switch to Rex's loser defensive scheme--which was no option whatsoever. Will you acknowledge this simple fact? The minute they hired Rex it was bye bye Schwartz. I said that when it happened and I was sick and certain the defense would fall off this year.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But the Pegulas fell in love with Rex's teeth whitener and BS blowhard macho act, and here we are, dropping Dareus into pass coverage.

If they had any sense they would fire Rex today, but they won't.

That's what I was saying when Marone quit. Make Schwartz the HC--the defense was the strength of the team last year--and hire a good OC and add personnel to fix the offense.

Instead they hire Rex, whose specialty is defense, and who is wedded to his complex 3-4 scheme, and he drives the defense into the ditch. At this point I doubt the Pegulas are going to fire him unless they go 6-10 or thereabouts on the season. I'm figuring they'll gasp their way to 8-8 and we'll have to endure loudmouth Rex for at least another half season until he gets himself fired.

Don't forget that the D will lose players (along with dead cap money) and have the be rebuilt for yet another scheme change when he inevitably gets canned...

Schwartz had the option to stay and switch to Rex's loser defensive scheme--which was no option whatsoever. Will you acknowledge this simple fact? The minute they hired Rex it was bye bye Schwartz.

Very true -- but the Bills could have, and certainly considered hiring Schwartz as HC before they hired Rex. But they didn't, because he wasn't a very good HC in this league.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Can we also replace a 31 year old Mario Williams with a 29 year old Mario. Also let's replace a 33 year old kyle with a 31 year old kyle. The heart of the D has hit the wall my friends. Accept and move on.

They are dropping in pass coverage. Dareus is dropping into PASS COVERAGE!!!

Mario had a career best year last year. 14.5 sacks... This year on pace for a career worst.

Kyle - just about the same story...

There just isn't much room for the benefit of doubt here. They switched schemes twice before, the same guys, with all this learning curve exuse making