LB AJ Tarpley Released by the Bills; Added to Practice Squad

26CornerBlitz

He was absolutely atrocious yesterday.

To me, his release is an indictment of the state of the LB position entering the season; how can you ever let your team be in a position that a guy that bad has to play?

Just thinking out loud, since I don't have the replay available - when did Bradham go out and when did the Chiefs start gashing Bills right down the middle? Bills were very thin at LB to start the day and losing Bradham was the death knell. I don't think it was simply Chiefs making adjustments.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You trade up for a second or third rounder in the draft. Mario and Kyle would fetch a good deal in trade values. Given their probowlers on the last legs of their careers. We have an empty cupboard in terms of Whaley for any real playoff entries and the Pegula's have not talked extension. Best thing to do is let them ride.

you want to fire the head coach 11 games in?

I was for firing him after game 2. The next 9 games have only reinforced my opinion of his shortcomings. When something is clearly not working, you don't keep doing it no matter how much money you have in it. You bite the bullet, make the necessary changes and move on. I doubt Terry Pegula made his bundle by hanging on to investments that were provably not working and hoping things will look better in the morning. My guess is that a list of candidates to be head coach next year is already being made and that Rex will be gone immediately after week 17. If Pegs stays with him for another year, I think the fans will go ballistic.

I was for firing him after game 2. The next 9 games have only reinforced my opinion of his shortcomings. When something is clearly not working, you don't keep doing it no matter how much money you have in it. You bite the bullet, make the necessary changes and move on. I doubt Terry Pegula made his bundle by hanging on to investments that were provably not working and hoping things will look better in the morning. My guess is that a list of candidates to be head coach next year is already being made and that Rex will be gone immediately after week 17. If Pegs stays with him for another year, I think the fans will go ballistic.

after game 2? At least you are being rational, I see.

So most of us are on board that linebacker and safety play has severely hamstrung this year's defense.

But most people still want to believe it's the scheme to blame.

Okay.

Yes clearly the safety and LB issue has been the reason we went from the leagues most ferocious defense getting after the QB to hardly touching one.

yes switch coaches every 1 or 2 years it what the good teams do.....McCarthy 6-10 (didnt fire him), Carrol back to back 7-9 seasons in seattle, Mike Tomlin back to back 8-8 seasons, this is just a few of current coaches who had bad seasons you don't fire them that what bad teams and organizations do

I'll give Rex Ryan the respect he deserves as a defensive mind. There are very few that are comparable to him and I'm not sure there's anyone better.

Interesting that you should say this.

Tarpley was the only player on the Bills with a qb sack. How is that for a disgrace? Rex has, despite the talent they have, ruined this defense. Do you have faith that they can stop anybody? I do not.

For 2 years they were a talented, physical group. Now, if I were going to give them a nickname I would call them the "Jauronettes." They run away from scrimmage and let so-so qbs rip them apart.

Bottom line? Rex has obviously destroyed the strength of the team.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Interesting that you should say thus.Tarpley was the only player on the Bills with a qb sack. How is that for a disgrace? Rex has, despite the talent they have, ruined this defense. Do you have faith that they can stop anybody? I do not.For 2 years they were a talented, physical group. Now, if I were going to give them a nickname I would call them the "Jauronettes." They run away from scrimmage and let so-so qbs rip them apart.Bottom line? Rex has obviously destroyed the strength of the team.

Re that "sack":

"His performance against the Chiefs apparently made the coaching staff not comfortable with that idea. Tarpley was noticeably out of place on a 35-yard rush by Chiefs running back Spencer Ware in the fourth quarter. Earlier, he let Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce get behind him – leading to Kelce being wide open on the play – although it’s impossible to know whether Tarpley was supposed to pass Kelce off to the safeties. Given that he was cut, that could be an indication he wasn’t.

Tarpley did finish with the Bills’ only sack Sunday when he forced Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith out of bounds for no gain on the same play Kelce was wide open down the middle of the field."

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/01/bills-notebook-tarpley-released-steward-to-start/

Re that "sack":

"His performance against the Chiefs apparently made the coaching staff not comfortable with that idea. Tarpley was noticeably out of place on a 35-yard rush by Chiefs running back Spencer Ware in the fourth quarter. Earlier, he let Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce get behind him leading to Kelce being wide open on the play although its impossible to know whether Tarpley was supposed to pass Kelce off to the safeties. Given that he was cut, that could be an indication he wasnt.

Tarpley did finish with the Bills only sack Sunday when he forced Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith out of bounds for no gain on the same play Kelce was wide open down the middle of the field."

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/12/01/bills-notebook-tarpley-released-steward-to-start/

he was cut for the same reason Chris Harper just got cut in NE. They are UDFA fringe roster players who got their chance to show if they could make plays on the field on Sunday... and instead they made huge mistakes. No benefit of the doubt for guys like that. They weren't drafted for a reason and they don't get many chances Edited by YoloinOhio