Brock Osweiler

The_Dude

He's an unrestricted free agent after this year...

Does he resign with the Broncos without testing the market? I doubt it.

Do the Broncos franchise him? I doubt it and not sure if they can afford that.

This is a unique and interesting situation and he'll have zero problems seeing over the line.

Thoughts?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a unique and interesting situation and he'll have zero problems seeing over the line.

Thoughts?

I don't see why they'd let him go if he shows well.

At worst, they can franchise him for close to the same amount that they're scheduled to pay Manning.

More likely, if they think he's capable, they'll give him a market contract (i.e. $17M/year) and cut Manning to save $2M.

Thoughts?

These types of moves usually turn out well.... :bag:

Another guy deemed not good enough by Buddy Nix.

And people wonder why this franchise doesn't ever get better.

Bad front office management that cannot prioritize the game's clearly most important position.

Osweiler may nose-dive with more tape becoming available, but he's been on the bench for 3.5 seasons and seems to have some command. Tyrod Taylor had 4+ seasons and struggles to go through progressions when Sammy isn't there. If only the Bills could identify a QB who grows beyond being a one-read QB?

According to the graphic they showed during the game, Boyst is indeed correct, though I'd be interested in hearing the history of who was taller.

Dan McGuire was 6'8"

I have seen different spots where Osweiler is listed as 6'7" and now have seen some where he is listed as 6'8".

Edited by old school

RobJohnson.jpg

I don't know who that is. I've blocked whatever that is from my memory so it can't hurt me anymore.

He won two games. What more proof do you need? He's a certified franchise QB.

Nobody is saying he is. It's a gamble if you sign him because he may command a big contract.

I remember when this was a Kirk Cousins thread after a couple games.

If you take Taylor's stats this season & average them out over a course of a 16 game schedule he would have 3,800 yards, 24 tds & 11 ints. I think anyone of us would of signed up for that in the beginning of the season. My point is it would be a big mistake to get rid of TT next year unless something clearly better is an option(Rivers/Brees). Has he been perfect no & the bills have not one as much as we all would of hoped for but he has earned the starting job for next year with the way he has plasyed for the most part this year.

If you take Taylor's stats this season & average them out over a course of a 16 game schedule he would have 3,800 yards, 24 tds & 11 ints. I think anyone of us would of signed up for that in the beginning of the season. My point is it would be a big mistake to get rid of TT next year unless something clearly better is an option(Rivers/Brees). Has he been perfect no & the bills have not one as much as we all would of hoped for but he has earned the starting job for next year with the way he has plasyed for the most part this year.

Tyrod is Tyrod. Good deep passes. He can make lightning strike. But he just doesn't stay consistent.