James Trapp - Team "Chaplin"

QB Bills

I think he should have challenged it - why the hell not at that point? - but I don't think he would have won. But one never knows.

My guess is that after the ridiculous call not to overturn Woods' catch, they didn't want to chance losing a TO. Trapp probably saw the ball move in Hogan's arms, and replays were not conclusive that Hogan fully secured the ball and we know how much refs love to overturn the on-field calls.

My guess is that after the ridiculous call not to overturn Woods' catch, they didn't want to chance losing a TO. Trapp probably saw the ball move in Hogan's arms, and replays were not conclusive that Hogan fully secured the ball and we know how much refs love to overturn the on-field calls.

Yep. I think they got spooked by that. Anyway, I think they lose that challenge.

But what on earth is that guy doing on the sideline talking to Rex at such a critical juncture of the game?

^^^ This. He doesn't belong anywhere near Rex at any point in the game. What a joke. I'm done with Rex. I guess this goes to show why the owners should have little say during the head coach hiring process.

Not sure if this was posted anywhere, but it kind of deserves a mention just because of how bizarre it is.

Tim Graham tweeted (https://twitter.com/ByTimGraham) about some random guy on the sideline possibly telling Rex not to challenge the Hogan catch. Who knows what he actually said, but the timing of the interaction does lead some credence to that thought.

After some help from his followers, it turns out that this guy is the Assistant Director of Player Engagement (huh??) and Team "Chaplin". Yes, it seems as though Rex is also in charge of spell-checking on the Bills website.

First off, what the hell? It's weird enough that they have a team chaplain. But what on earth is that guy doing on the sideline talking to Rex at such a critical juncture of the game?

Amateur hour with this team seems like it will never end. It's embarrassing to be a fan of this team when you read about things like this.

This is the most comical moment of the season-long open mic night that is Rex's Bills. A minute left in the game, you still haven't thrown in the towel, guys up in the booth (presumably) yelling things into Rex's headset, the team scrambling to get off another play ... and the team chaplain is the guy who has Rex's ear. By the way, the Bills are paying attention -- "Chaplin" has been corrected on the website to "Chaplain." What a joke. I've actually been laughing about this off and on all day -- it's beyond the usual Rex chaos and straight into some kind of self-parody. No matter how disappointing the Bills can be (year in and year out), let it never be said that they're not entertaining ...

This is the most comical moment of the season-long open mic night that is Rex's Bills. A minute left in the game, you still haven't thrown in the towel, guys up in the booth (presumably) yelling things into Rex's headset, the team scrambling to get off another play ... and the team chaplain is the guy who has Rex's ear. By the way, the Bills are paying attention -- "Chaplin" has been corrected on the website to "Chaplain." What a joke. I've actually been laughing about this off and on all day -- it's beyond the usual Rex chaos and straight into some kind of self-parody. No matter how disappointing the Bills can be (year in and year out), let it never be said that they're not entertaining ...

My second favorite bit about the chaplain (after the plainclothes attack video): http://articles.latimes.com/2006/oct/13/sports/sp-nflcol13

"The world-class sprinter who in college got into a fistfight on the medal stand, a melee in which the second-place finisher broke his plaque over Trapp's head. The one who was nabbed kicking a prone Ed McCaffrey in the ribs after the Broncos receiver had caught a conversion pass."

Mixin' it up on the medal stand--he sounds sooooo Rex!!

Edited by dave mcbride

If you read "Collision Low Crossers", none of this about Rex will surprise you.

Thanks for the tip. Hadn't heard of it. A little light holiday reading for me this Christmas!

My second favorite bit about the chaplain (after the plainclothes attack video): http://articles.latimes.com/2006/oct/13/sports/sp-nflcol13

"The world-class sprinter who in college got into a fistfight on the medal stand, a melee in which the second-place finisher broke his plaque over Trapp's head. The one who was nabbed kicking a prone Ed McCaffrey in the ribs after the Broncos receiver had caught a conversion pass."

Mixin' it up on the medal stand--he sounds sooooo Rex!!

Building a bully from the chaplain on up!