Same old Bills

Dan

Think about how much the world around us has changed since January 8, 2000.

I've become an old man and my mom who has only asked for one thing in her life... To see the Bills win a Super Bowl.. has become a nascar fan. Damn

I feel like I should be more upset at this loss, but I'm not. We handed them the game on a damn platter.

People need to wake up and realize that they don't hand games away. When you are this bad for this long, it's because the other teams are better. These teams make the Bills take penalties and fumble the ball away.

The Bills don't have one strength and the rebuild is right around the corner

My grand parents hoped for a Bills Super Bowl win. They are gone. My parents hoped for a Bills Super Bowl win. They are gone. The way things are trending maybe my grand children will see the Bills win a Super Bowl.

People need to wake up and realize that they don't hand games away. When you are this bad for this long, it's because the other teams are better. These teams make the Bills take penalties and fumble the ball away.

The Bills don't have one strength and the rebuild is right around the corner

Rebuild? You are talking scorched earth? Fire everyone from GM down and dump all the veteran players? They have not finished the last rebuild.

My grand parents hoped for a Bills Super Bowl win. They are gone. My parents hoped for a Bills Super Bowl win. They are gone. The way things are trending maybe my grand children will see the Bills win a Super Bowl.

I just want to see a Bills team that is better than mediocre. I'm part of a generation that hasn't even seen that.

I just want to see a Bills team that is better than mediocre. I'm part of a generation that hasn't even seen that.

I have followed them since 1965. Good luck to you. Only the Kelly era was there hope every season.

I honestly don't know what's worse...never seeing a competent Bills team, or seeing one that was and then not seeing it again for 15+ years?

Rebuild? You are talking scorched earth? Fire everyone from GM down and dump all the veteran players? They have not finished the last rebuild.

Yes they have and next year, this defense will be the weakness if they don't start dumping players. Next year is when they need to get a top 5 pick again and aim for playoffs around 2020

Yes they have and next year, this defense will be the weakness if they don't start dumping players. Next year is when they need to get a top 5 pick again and aim for playoffs around 2020

Disagree. They are one draft from completing the last one. Next draft was to bring in LBs to compliment the scheme and quality depth. This team is thin on depth. Tarpley should not be on the field.

Yep. Came up small when the chips were down. Gotta run the table now. I guess anything's possible, but who wants to suffer through that stress?? Looks like 8-8 or 9-7 and no playoffs again. Amazing how they find ways to not get it done when it really really matters. London, this game, who knows they'll probably win the next two , then crater at the Redskins and end the season, again. how many times do we have to die a little like this??

Yep. Came up small when the chips were down. Gotta run the table now. I guess anything's possible, but who wants to suffer through that stress?? Looks like 8-8 or 9-7 and no playoffs again. Amazing how they find ways to not get it done when it really really matters. London, this game, who knows they'll probably win the next two , then crater at the Redskins and end the season, again. how many times do we have to die a little like this??

Forever.

Why all the hate for Pegula? He's a new owner, saved the franchise for the city, and is still getting the feel for owning a pro football team. Don't make him the scapegoat. The fact Ryan talked a good game during the interview and was perhaps recommended by others is not Terry's fault. The true test for Pegula is that he understands, quickly, that Rex can't coach and does something about it.

Patriots, Giants, steelers, packers or Ravens. If you had to choose a team from that list to root for other than the bills who would you choose?

Ravens, other than me my whole family lives in Baltimore. The sad part is that even though I do follow and root for the Ravens (when not playing the Bills), and enjoyed both of their SB wins...didn't mean as much to me as Fitz and Gailey beating the Patriots.

Ravens, other than me my whole family lives in Baltimore. The sad part is that even though I do follow and root for the Ravens (when not playing the Bills), and enjoyed both of their SB wins...didn't mean as much to me as Fitz and Gailey beating the Patriots.

my patience after two decades is worn through. I think I gave it an honest effort. But god damn. Edited by joesixpack

It's just sad that Buffalo ALWAYS comes up small in the biggest of moments. Coulda, shoulda beaten NE and KC on consecutive weeks. Had both teams struggling early and let em off the hook. As soon as a little adversity and push back happens, the Bills fail, like they always do. These were two games that would put them in the drivers seat for wild card. Now they are done. As usual.

Everything is drenched in that nasty stench. Burn it all to the ground and start fresh...coaches, GM, scouts, players etc....

Again? They've had 6 Head Coaches and 4 or 5 GMs during this stretch of stench. So is it all of those coaches or the lack of a franchise QB?

I don't get the Pegula worship. Other than he was a good choice simply because he didn't threaten to move the team, how are the results he produced in his decisions better than last year. Take a look at the results as an owner of the Sabers. Check the results of the seasons pre and post Pegula. Ready for the same results and waiting for the rebuild plan to take as long for the Bills?

He hired Ryan, the major reason this team is worse this year than last. He released a "D" coordinator that had the defensive talent on the team clicking at a high level." If it ain't broke don't fix it" is a valid piece of advice, yet he hired Rex and broke the defense. And why did we keep a horrible special team coach and release a very good "D" coordinator?

Rex and his hires should be gone. We have the player talent, but our coaching stinks except for a few exceptions. Who does not think the Jets are now a better team without Rex?

Edited by simpleman

Why all the hate for Pegula? He's a new owner, saved the franchise for the city, and is still getting the feel for owning a pro football team. Don't make him the scapegoat. The fact Ryan talked a good game during the interview and was perhaps recommended by others is not Terry's fault. The true test for Pegula is that he understands, quickly, that Rex can't coach and does something about it.

Hate is a strong term to be used proportionally.

But I digress. Pegula made mistakes with the Sabres' management that I had hoped he learned from. I can tell the guy is loyal to people he hires and clearly didn't want to upset the organization much when he bought the team. But right now it's time to make modifications to the hierarchy at OBD and he needs someone who will make those moves for him.

If he doesn't find an adviser who is not at OBD now then we're going to see more of the same. It's dysfunctional to think the previous owner's GM would work well with the HC TPegs/KPegs hired. And that they would report independent of each other. This needs to be changed in early January with someone overseeing them both and reporting only to the owners.