Can We All Agree on One Thing

billsfan_34

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew someone would say that haha- thats true to a point but good teams win enough to get into the playoffs- bad teams lose enough to not get there going on 16 years straight.

So playoff teams make the playoffs? Top notch analysis this thread has!

Good teams find a way to win and bad teams find a way to lose. Time and time again we find a way to lose. Just some perspective of who we really are.

Some may call me crazy, but I believe last night showed progress towards being a winning team. For the past 15 years we have been a team that gave other teams opportunities to beat us, and the good teams capitalized on those opportunities and did beat us. I feel like last night we took a step forward. Instead of giving the Pats* clear opportunities to take over we generated opportunities for ourselves. Now we did not capitalize on them, we aren't there yet, but I feel like we created a lot of opportunities to take that game over, and I do not believe that is something we have done in the recent past. The next step is to capitalize on the opportunities we create like the teams you see doing consistently well like the Pats*, Packers, or Steelers.

Some may call me crazy, but I believe last night showed progress towards being a winning team. For the past 15 years we have been a team that gave other teams opportunities to beat us, and the good teams capitalized on those opportunities and did beat us. I feel like last night we took a step forward. Instead of giving the Pats* clear opportunities to take over we generated opportunities for ourselves. Now we did not capitalize on them, we aren't there yet, but I feel like we created a lot of opportunities to take that game over, and I do not believe that is something we have done in the recent past. The next step is to capitalize on the opportunities we create like the teams you see doing consistently well like the Pats*, Packers, or Steelers.

I agree with what you said, but the one thing that concerned me is tyrod taylor's game. If he doesn't turn out to be a quality QB, the bills will find themselves between 7-9 wins every year

I agree with what you said, but the one thing that concerned me is tyrod taylor's game. If he doesn't turn out to be a quality QB, the bills will find themselves between 7-9 wins every year

Yeah, I mean I have hope that he will continue to develop, but there's no excusing that performance. It was bad. Ball placement was off all night, and that's on him. Let's see how he rebounds in a very difficult place to play at Arrowhead. I have plenty of faith in Tyrod, but I have also been very much for us bringing in another qb prospect to develop through the draft as well. I think Tyrod is solid enough to buy us some time to either a) let him pan out into a quality starter, or b) find a prospect that can develop and learn the system for a year or so before being thrown into the fire. At the end of the day only time will tell, but I am pleased with our current trajectory.

Guys- TT has 8 NFL starts in his career. Do we have to remind again Peyton manning who will be a first ballot HOF went 3-13 his rookie year. Cam Newton went 6-10 his rookie year.

Not every rookie season is going to be like Brady and Rothlesberger. It's more common for a QB to struggle somewhat in the beginning and grows into his role. I'm not placing a guarantee on TT, but he has done somethings really well.

Guys- TT has 8 NFL starts in his career. Do we have to remind again Peyton manning who will be a first ballot HOF went 3-13 his rookie year. Cam Newton went 6-10 his rookie year.

Not every rookie season is going to be like Brady and Rothlesberger. It's more common for a QB to struggle somewhat in the beginning and grows into his role. I'm not placing a guarantee on TT, but he has done somethings really well.

YES! someone with a brain