Taylor injury watch

YoloinOhio

I think the Bills are still in a tough spot. QB Purgatory as Whalley said.

Lets say they decide to draft a QB in Rd1 (maybe even trade up to get one). You head into next season with Taylor most likely to be the starter. If Taylor goes on to have a solid season and leads them to the playoffs do you re-sign Taylor for big money and let the draftee sit on the bench (or try to trade him). Or do you just let Taylor walk and hand the job to the guy they just drafted? That's debatable.

Add to that, I've watched Hackenberg and Connor Cook a bit this year and am not impress at all with either one.

i don't think they need to worry about whether or not to sign TT next year at draft time. If he has a great season next year like you hypothesize, then yes, you sign him and the rookie is the backup. Why would you ever let him walk? If TT gets hurt then you have someone behind him! the fear of success that has not been seen in 15 years should never keep you from doing what you need to do to try and get where you want to be. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What's more worrisome is the way he got hurt. Getting pushed, moving backwards, falling right on your shoulder. Just ridiculous.

He was watching the play which made his fall a little awkward.

@4JoshReed

I have a bad feeling about #Bills QB Tyrod Taylor's shoulder/arm. He wasn't moving it at all in the locker room. Held it against his body.

Josh Reed?

I think he was hurt on our of bounds play the play before he fell on shoulder. He was whipped to the ground on that 5 yard run and took a while to get up.

Torn labrum is my diagnosis. Probably was getting more swollen as game went on and that made it harder to throw.

Yeah, why wasn't that a penalty? He was already out of bounds before the final fling.

i don't think they need to worry about whether or not to sign TT next year at draft time. If he has a great season next year like you hypothesize, then yes, you sign him and the rookie is the backup. Why would you ever let him walk? If TT gets hurt then you have someone behind him! the fear of success that has not been seen in 15 years should never keep you from doing what you need to do to try and get where you want to be.

So then take it a step further. Taylor is your starter for 5 years. The drafted QB never sees the field. You wasted picks to move up and get him that could've been used to address other needs and then you lose the QB to free agency or trade him for less than you spent to get him.

To me, it is not the smart move unless they are absolutely certain that Taylor is not the answer and/or they are 100% convinced that whomever they are drafting is a sure thing.

@AlbertBreer: Rex Ryan on if he almost pulled a beat-up Tyrod Taylor at the end: "He said, 'No, coach, I'm ready to go', because I was gonna go with EJ."

I wanted EJ in right away and then especially after the first duck. We had ZERO chance to win with Hotrod in.

Rex, you're the coach, that's your call, not Hotrod's. It was obvious to anyone paying attention Hotrod was seriously hurting and could no longer pass effectively.

So then take it a step further. Taylor is your starter for 5 years. The drafted QB never sees the field. You wasted picks to move up and get him that could've been used to address other needs and then you lose the QB to free agency or trade him for less than you spent to get him.

To me, it is not the smart move unless they are absolutely certain that Taylor is not the answer and/or they are 100% convinced that whomever they are drafting is a sure thing.

i stopped reading after you said he was our starter for 5 years. If that is the case this is NOT a problem that you drafted another guy early. Way too much can change in 5 years. There is no way to know this soon whether he will be your franchise QB or not. He looks like he has some potential. So did a lot of guys now on their way off their teams like Kap, rg3. Others worked out over time. They will not know anything for sure at the end of this season IMO. You have to take another guy! Edited by YoloinOhio

I wanted EJ in right away and then especially after the first duck. We had ZERO chance to win with Hotrod in.

Rex, you're the coach, that's your call, not Hotrod's. It was obvious to anyone paying attention Hotrod was seriously hurting and could no longer pass effectively.

He threw a perfect deep ball to Hogan after he was hurt. He could throw the ball.

He threw a perfect deep ball to Hogan after he was hurt. He could throw the ball.

I know. But that was 5 or 10 minutes before. May be wrong, but would think swelling and soreness or something looked like it set in. He was looking worse and worse by the minute. When he was on the sidelines with his coat on he looked really bad.

Do you think he effectively threw on that last drive? They all looked like ducks to me with at least 1 waaaaaaaay off target. If the ref had made the right call on what should have been the second to last play, I doubt very seriously he could have thrown it 55 yards into the EZ.

I know Hotrod is the guy and all and that's great and EJ sucks. But Hotrod at 40% is NOT BETTER THAN EJ at 100%. Especially since EJ has had success throwing the long ball this year which is what was needed, not off target 10 yard ducks.

I know. But that was 5 or 10 minutes before. May be wrong, but would think swelling and soreness or something looked like it set in. He was looking worse and worse by the minute. When he was on the sidelines with his coat on he looked really bad.

Do you think he effectively threw on that last drive? They all looked like ducks to me with at least 1 waaaaaaaay off target. If the ref had made the right call on what should have been the second to last play, I doubt very seriously he could have thrown it 55 yards into the EZ.

I know Hotrod is the guy and all and that's great and EJ sucks. But Hotrod at 40% is NOT BETTER THAN EJ at 100%. Especially since EJ has had success throwing the long ball this year which is what was needed, not off target 10 yard ducks.

The pass he threw to Woods on that last drive, which was almost intercepted, had no zip to it.

Could he have thrown a hail mary pass at the end? Thanks to the officials, we'll never know.

Since he didn't really throw the ball more than 15 yards I don't know the answer to whether he could easily have done it or not. I'd like to think that he wasnt SO selfish that he knew he couldn't throw it 15+ yards and tet talked the HC into putting him back in. Rex was going with EJ but TT talked him out of it.

It wouldn't have surprised me, however, if on the last play of the game, had we gotten one, EJ would have been rushed on the field to throw it 60 yards instead of TT.

100% agree I was screaming at the TV to put EJ in. Let the guy launch a couple to the end zone for gods sake. Rex blew that one big time!