Taylor injury watch

YoloinOhio

Based on the level of his play on Sunday, doubt he'll be a FA. Likely he'll be Denvers starting QB next season. Freeing up $19mil can allow them to pick up some additional depth. Wouldn't it be a kick if Denver won the SB the year after he's gone.

Brock Osweiler will be a free agent. Just sayin' ...

What's his averages been the last three games or so? I think many of his high rated states is due to his play the first couple of weeks of the season. I like TT, but think it may be teams have figured him out and he's not nearly as effective any more. Not ready to give up on him, as others have said he doesn't make the big mistake, maybe he can improve I'd give him another year, but think they need to figure out some other options at QB in the off-season.

Oh, so that's why his YPA is like 3rd highest in the league. Ok.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it even possible to throw a football with a broken collarbone?

Im guessing he has a sprained AC joint or a rotator cuff tear.

thanks Dr. Welby for that speculative diagnosis; you're wanted in room 3 for consultation with the other doctors in this thread.

Orton was good for a few games until he started getting hit and he remembered why he retired. His disinterest became very apparent by the last few weeks of the season.

Like the slide on 3rd and 1 in Denver...I knew for sure he had checked out by then...his retirement 5 minutes after the season ended was no surprise

Back to drafting a QB in round 1?

CBF

i never wavered from that. I said before the season that unless TT or EJ led the team to the playoffs and looked good doing it, the team should do what it takes to take a QB with a 1st round grade in the 1st round. I haven't changed my mind at all. I won't unless that happens, and it still could.

And it has nothing to do with TT's injuries thus far. QBs are getting hurt all over the league and most aren't guys who run as part of their game. They get hurt in the pocket or a scramble. It's football. They just need another young, high potential QB in the system.

Edited by YoloinOhio

CBF

Yup... This team is a broken Tyrod away from the worst in the nfl.

And he's still just not an nfl caliber passer. He's got the same anticipation problems as EJ... Just not apt to totally self destruct in the same way.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

CBF

I am not sure if we ever left it.

Regardless of what happens with Tyrod Taylor we dont have anyone of any quality behind him........Rex had NO confidence in putting EJ Manuel on the field even with Tyrod running around holding his shoulder for 2 series......

Another QB is needed

I am not sure if we ever left it.

Regardless of what happens with Tyrod Taylor we dont have anyone of any quality behind him........Rex had NO confidence in putting EJ Manuel on the field even with Tyrod running around holding his shoulder for 2 series......

Another QB is needed

he said he was going to put him in and that's why he was warming up - but TT told him he was Good to go. And did make throws leading up to that while hurting. Trainer also looked at him and must have cleared him.

But I don't disagree that they can't have much trust in EJ going forward.

Edited by YoloinOhio

With the way he played tonight Taylor being out doesn't concern me much. He's inaccurate, can't read a defense, lacks confidence and has slow eyes. The only reason so many people on this board thinks he's the next Montana is that he doesn't make big mistakes aka turnovers like so many other Bills QB's since Kelly. However that doesn't mean we can actually get anywhere with him leading this team.

No one on this board thinks or thought he was the next Montana. I am considered a "Taylor supporter" round these parts and the highest praise I've ever given him is saying I thought he might be a little better than Teddy Bridgewater.

I think John from Hemet makes the key point about the draft. Taylor is the best QB we've had in a decade, might be the guy in the long run but might not. Next year will be his sixth in the league. If we draft a promising QB he can sit behind TT and learn his job, assuming TT doesn't get blown up tripping over a yard marker.

i never wavered from that. I said before the season that unless TT or EJ led the team to the playoffs and looked good doing it, the team should do what it takes to take a QB with a 1st round grade in the 1st round. I haven't changed my mind at all. I won't unless that happens, and it still could.

And it has nothing to do with TT's injuries thus far. QBs are getting hurt all over the league and most aren't guys who run as part of their game. They get hurt in the pocket or a scramble. It's football. They just need another young, high potential QB in the system.

I think the Bills are still in a tough spot. QB Purgatory as Whalley said.

Lets say they decide to draft a QB in Rd1 (maybe even trade up to get one). You head into next season with Taylor most likely to be the starter. If Taylor goes on to have a solid season and leads them to the playoffs do you re-sign Taylor for big money and let the draftee sit on the bench (or try to trade him). Or do you just let Taylor walk and hand the job to the guy they just drafted? That's debatable.

Add to that, I've watched Hackenberg and Connor Cook a bit this year and am not impress at all with either one.

Edited by Maddog69