Mike Pereira: Bills should have had one more play

YoloinOhio

You're dreaming...They will be lucky if they win in KC on a short week after a huge emotional loss. Then there are the injuries. Then there are the bunch of games against teams that appear to be at about the same level as these BIlls, the middle 3rd of the the league.

No way they win out and go 11-5.

Kansas City isn't that good.

Lets see Buffalo lose 3 games to the leagues top 5 teams

The other two loses were due to officiating.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it wasnt just that either. On the long pass to ZHogan that set up our last FG, he slid out of bounds as well. They originally stopped the clock but when the Bills got to the line it was running. 30 or 40 seconds ticked off that shoudnt have. this was with 4-5 mins left in the game. I would have loved to have 40 seconds to score with the ball at midfield.

But there were also 20-30 other horrific calls that ALL went in NEs favor. The fix was in from that very first drive. 3 horrible penalties on the bills that negated a INT, and extended their drive on with two first downs on 3rd down

They showed a replay before the second half and Graham had a huge chunk of Gronk's jersey in his hand. His holding Gronk is why Gronk bobbled it into Rambo's hands. That one was actually a good call.

I disagree. I thought the holding occured when the ball arrived. like he was making a play on the ball.

How much time was spent by officials reviewing their calls anyway? It seemed like that 3rd quarter was 3 hours long. And I wasn't surprised that the bias of blown calls favored the Patriots.

PS: Sorry the whistle came with the ball in the air. No play and 15 yards on Rex. The completion was awarded as a "just give it to them."

Is anyone surprised by the terrible calls? We intercept and take it to the NE 20 and it's offsetting penalties. No PI on the long ball to Watson. Might have been a 17 point swing and we lose by 7. Disgusting.

I disagree on the interception, it was OBVOUS holding if not PI that caused the INT begin with. So I thought it was an obvious call.

But the refs stunk for both sides all game! just awful!

Kansas City isn't that good.

Lets see Buffalo lose 3 games to the leagues top 5 teams

The other two loses were due to officiating.

KC has an *excellent* defense, and they have corners that can cover the outside routes. They're second in INTs and 4th in net yards per attempt allowed. Opposing QBs have a miserable 78.6 rating against them. The Bills certainly have a chance (any given Sunday and all), but if they're rolling EJ out there or a hobbled Taylor, I worry that we're in for a blowout loss.

Article from Boston Globe...

NFL Official says Monday night refs made major mistakes

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/11/24/monday-night-football-officials/Gkecqt95j5tpE30ntKHaJM/story.html

That article should be required reading on this board. I thought that the offsides call against the Bills on the TD run was a bad call when it happened, and now I know.

Just abominable officiating. Bradham, by the way, should absolutely have been flagged for his blindside shot on Brady after the INT.

Just abominable officiating. Bradham, by the way, should absolutely have been flagged for his blindside shot on Brady after the INT.

Agree on that. Also, was watching with another guy and we were not sure if the hit, I think by Graham, was a low hit as well. He thought that maybe because Brady was outside the tackle box, you can hit him below the knees?

Damn, they do need to simplify this rulebook!

Agree on that. Also, was watching with another guy and we were not sure if the hit, I think by Graham, was a low hit as well. He thought that maybe because Brady was outside the tackle box, you can hit him below the knees?

Damn, they do need to simplify this rulebook!

Brady was out of the box and running forward near the LOS, so you're allowed to play him like a RB. No call was the right move there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the ball have to cross the line of scrimmage when a QB is being rushed and just throws it away even when he is outside of the pocket? I think there was at least one and maybe two times that Brady just dumped the ball two yards ahead of him but behind the LOS that should have been intentional grounding. If it doesn't have to be beyond the line then why don't guys just spike the ball all the time instead of tossing it way out of bounds. I think he got away with a couple, one in particular.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the ball have to cross the line of scrimmage when a QB is being rushed and just throws it away even when he is outside of the pocket? I think there was at least one and maybe two times that Brady just dumped the ball two yards ahead of him but behind the LOS that should have been intentional grounding. If it doesn't have to be beyond the line then why don't guys just spike the ball all the time instead of tossing it way out of bounds. I think he got away with a couple, one in particular.

It has to have a receiver near the ball I believe if it doesnt ge to the LOS.

I disagree on the interception, it was OBVOUS holding if not PI that caused the INT begin with. So I thought it was an obvious call.

But the refs stunk for both sides all game! just awful!

I reviewed this play over and over on my DVR in slow mo. The ref that calls the holding was at the top of the screen. He calls the holding on Graham? even though he is obscured by Gronk. If you watch it Gronk doesn't seem to be held because he moves at regular speed on his route. In addition he throws the flag real early even though the "contact" (whatever it is) is within 5yds. It was a really chincy call. Graham doesn't impede Gronk at all. And they didn't show a clear replay of it at the time. Even though it was a huge play for the Bills D!