Mike Pereira: Bills should have had one more play

YoloinOhio

Yeah, that one pissed me off.

Jesus, you want to blow the flag at the hint of contact on a pass play, or is someone breathes wrong on a starting QB, but man, if a defensive player yanks the helmet of a Buffalo Bill...man, you just have to let people play. I swear, this league is becoming the WWE.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that one pissed me off.

Jesus, you want to blow the flag at the hint of contact on a pass play, or is someone breathes wrong on a starting QB, but man, if a defensive player yanks the helmet of a Buffalo Bill...man, you just have to let people play. I swear, this league is becoming the WWE.

Been like this for quite a while now. Just getting worse to the point of absurdity though.

I just read Gene Steratore' ridiculous he-gave-himself-up explanation. Watkins didn't give himself up (ie, go to the ground from an upright position voluntarily) -- he dove for the ball, which is what put him on the ground!! Does Steratore take us for complete freaking idiots? That's either a bald-faced lie, or a sign of rank incompetence.

I just read Gene Steratore' ridiculous he-gave-himself-up explanation. Watkins didn't give himself up (ie, go to the ground from an upright position voluntarily) -- he dove for the ball, which is what put him on the ground!! Does Steratore take us for complete freaking idiots? That's either a bald-faced lie, or a sign of rank incompetence.

Likely a lie but such is life sometimes

Every week has issues- they are human. This week was bad in much worse way

I'm willing to give them missed calls. They can't see everything.

I'm not willing to give them calling penalties that aren't there or not knowing the rules. Those aren't acceptable, particularly the latter. They should know the rules inside and out.

@MikeCareyRef94

Mike Carey Retweeted MikeTirico

I'm sad to say, "the receiver gave himself up" is not a plausible explanation of that play.

Why would a receiver 'give himself up' under the circumstances? Down one score, seconds left in the game, no time outs. if in the mind of the official he believed a player would make a conscious decision to give himself up and stay in bounds while the clock expired to lose the game then his competence, judgment, and motives need to be questioned. That excuse is at best lame and at worst a blatant lie to cover up a major screw up.

I'd swear that every single week I'm hearing talk either monday or tuesday morning about a horrible call in the late seconds of the previous night's game. They're going to need to do something about this sooner or later. There's way too many black eyes to go around lately when it comes to the refs. It just feels like these guys are making things up as they go. The inadvertent whistle was the perfect example. "Ummm.... yeah, the whistle blew AFTER the catch and ummm.... and oh yeah, it's the coach's fault, he got in the way... yeah, that's it, that's what happened".