What if you rushed zero and used all 11 to cover?

TheFunPolice

Crazy idea, but what if in a key spot you had all your DL walk around before the snap, then when Brady takes it have them scatter to flood the flats, both shallow and middle. Scatter and get your hands up to cut off all the short quick passes. The rest of the defense plays its normal assignments.

If there's no RB to give it to Brady's only other option would be to run, which is a positive for us IMO. Keep in mind that the OL would be expecting to pass block so they could be thrown by this, especially a bunch of young guys that they have in there.

Obviously this only works when the backfield is empty.

Of course, the downside would be if Brady doesn't throw it quick. If he recognizes it he'll just hold on and take a few yards and slide. Then they'll bring in a RB on the next play. But a lot of the time he is throwing in 1.5-2 seconds, so he is pre-determining where the throw will go and trusting that the WR will be there when the ball arrives. That's why their offense is unstoppable.

In this scenario he takes the snap, drops back, unloads into a crowd of DL that should not be there.

Edited by TheFunPolice

i'm not trying to crap on your idea but i honestly think bellicheat gets the HUGE HUGE benefit of teams playing stupid to out-think/over-think him. like play a straight forward game. we have a good d, we have talented players. play straight forward. like people always want to BEAT bellicheat and them have like some wrinkle to embarrass him too. some trick play to outmaster the master. believe me, beating him is enough of a statement. line up and play your game, don't do everything to adapt to their game.

Imagine if you got to sit back and watch the other team take 140 yards in penalties while you just stood there. they got to do that in week 2. and all they had to do was show up.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

I prefer to cover the outside, give them short/intermediate passes over the middle, drop linebackers, and pummel the receivers. The Patriots will methodically march down the field a couple times (wouldn't they anyway?), but if the defense can get some good licks in, arms will shorten, and heads will swivel. Play them like the Steelers always played the K-Gun Bills.