MMQB - Peter King just gushing

JÂy RÛßeÒ

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter King is awesome. I hung out with him this summer when he was in town for Broncos training camp. Drank with him all night, even went to the Rockies game together (he bought my ticket but I bought the first round of beers). Talked early 90's Bills forever. Yes, I'm kind of bragging. Anyway if someone has something negative to say about Peter King then I kind of give up. Whenever people allude to football analysts around here, they put "experts" in quotes; every sports writer/personality is a hack. Everyone loved Sal on WGR until he opined that EJ Manuel might not be very good and then he became a biased member of the lamestream media too. Now every last person on WGR is terrible (obviously). Joe Buscaglia is a hack because he probably can't even throw a spiral. People even think Cris Collinsworth is a poor color man, which is insane. Like seriously, is there one guy that everybody agrees is good at their job?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Peter King is awesome. I hung out with him this summer when he was in town for Broncos training camp. Drank with him all night, even went to the Rockies game together (he bought my ticket but I bought the first round of beers). Talked early 90's Bills forever. Yes, I'm kind of bragging. Anyway if someone has something negative to say about Peter King then I kind of give up. Whenever people allude to football analysts around here, they put "experts" in quotes; every sports writer/personality is a hack. Everyone loved Sal on WGR until he opined that EJ Manuel might not be very good and then he became a biased member of the lamestream media too. People think Cris Collinsworth is a poor color man, which is insane. Like seriously, is there one guy that everybody agrees is good at their job?

Ronald Darby is pretty good. So is Lesean McCoy. I think King is a decent guy, who seems to work at his craft. I like Gruden and I ain't apologizing for it.

He's an excellent writer and he actually pushes the envelope quite a bit. Do you follow him on twitter? He engages in political discussions all the time. He is the furthest thing from a shill for anyone.

Ronald Darby is pretty good. So is Lesean McCoy. I think King is a decent guy, who seems to work at his craft. I like Gruden and I ain't apologizing for it.

Ha that's funny. Gruden is one of the few guys who I actually can't stand.

Well you're not going to get invited back to Bills camp next year if you write about how Pegula is a terrible owner and Whaley sucks as a GM. If a team is having problems on the field, he's not going to sugarcoat it. I'm sure he's not similarly gushing about the Saints defense right now.

And if he was some sort of "corporate shill" as you have intimated, I highly doubt SI would want him engaging in heated debates with twitter followers about gun control. Believe me when I tell you that SI needs Peter King more than Peter King needs SI.

Edited by Beerball

Probably because he finally watched a Bills game. He usually spends most of his gushing on the Cheatriots. He's got the biggest man crush on the whole team.

About 2 things Bills related:
1) Sammy abusing Revis to be open for that first down
B) Ron Darby

Also mentions special teams hits by Hogan & Brooks

Peter King is awesome. I hung out with him this summer when he was in town for Broncos training camp. Drank with him all night, even went to the Rockies game together (he bought my ticket but I bought the first round of beers). Talked early 90's Bills forever. Yes, I'm kind of bragging. Anyway if someone has something negative to say about Peter King then I kind of give up. Whenever people allude to football analysts around here, they put "experts" in quotes; every sports writer/personality is a hack. Everyone loved Sal on WGR until he opined that EJ Manuel might not be very good and then he became a biased member of the lamestream media too. Now every last person on WGR is terrible (obviously). Joe Buscaglia is a hack because he probably can't even throw a spiral. People even think Cris Collinsworth is a poor color man, which is insane. Like seriously, is there one guy that everybody agrees is good at their job?

Obviously Chris Brown, he keeps everything real. :thumbsup:

Well if you want to claim to have just proven that sometimes journalists can't write everything they want to in order to not lose connections and access, then you have enlightened us all.

Obviously Chris Brown, he keeps everything real. :thumbsup:

Well done. I hung with him once at a Bills pre-party in Denver. Kind of a dork. Obviously.

First let me say that in my observation of posts - You do seem to paint things with a wide brush.

Tyler Dunne does a very good job reporting for WGR.

I have read and heard sports media people trash Peter King on a number of issues. Once I followed up the comments to see if they were justified and read his MMQB, everything they pointed out was 100% correct. Poorly worded and thought out. He needs a better editor and spell checker.

Being a nice guy doesn't mean you are a well versed expert in football analysis.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

First let me say that in my observation of posts - You do seem to paint things with a wide brush.

Tyler Dunne does a very good job reporting for WGR.

I have read and heard sports media people trash Peter King on a number of issues. Once I followed up the comments to see if they were justified and read his MMQB, everything they pointed out was 100% correct. Poorly worded and thought out. He needs a better editor and spell checker.

Being a nice guy doesn't mean you are a well versed expert in football analysis.

I agree that Tyler Dunne is excellent (although he has nothing to do with WGR). Do you disagree with me though, that virtually every football writer/analyst there is gets trashed on here by at least a percentage of posters? I think that's pretty clear. The only reason no one's trashed Tyler Dunne yet is because he's relatively new.

And although I have not read the particular article in question, believe me when I tell you that Peter King is well versed in his football analysis.

Edited by metzelaars_lives