How will you be contributing to the win this week?

Figured I'd go with a little opposite take on the "what did you do that caused the Bills to lose" threads that were circulating a few weeks ago. Pretty good stuff in there so here goes.

Let's take it back 6 years to the season opener. Optimism at its highest, TO in a Bills uniform, MNF at Razor against our hated rivals. The Bills play brilliantly for what about 55 minutes? Then we know what happened. A Pats score followed by the McFumble.

I did was any other self respecting Bills fan would have done. I calmly and quietly walked down the stairs into the storage room of our basement. I picked up a hockey stick and proceeded to go to town. Nothing was safe. Metal coffee pots, plastic storage containers, etc. The stick itself was turned into pieces by the brick wall. After a few minutes of destruction i sat at the bottom of the steps for 10-15 minutes then calmly walked back up stairs, showered and went to bed. Pretty sure my wife feared for my sanity.

Fast forward to this morning. After years of unnecessary crap piling up in the basement, I decided today was the day a thorough purging and cleaning was to commence. I came upon the back corner where most of the remnants of that night's destruction had been consolidated and still sat. I had left them in a pile there all this time as some kind of sick and twisted momento or offering to the football gods. They have certainly not listened and this is a new era of Buffalo Bills so what better time to exercise the demons right?

I cleaned up and bagged all the debri from that fateful night and just dropped off a packed Jeep Grand Cherokee worth of garbage at the landfill. So there you have it folks. We can breathe easy again, as brighter days are ahead. I've gotten the ball rolling who else is going to help me?

Well, I stayed soberish for the last two losses. Not so much for the last two wins. So...yeah, I vow to sacrifice most of my memory of a meaningful win in order for the rest of you to relive the game in fond rememberance. Sure would be nice if I could record it.

A buddy of mine who lives out west now did almost the exact same thing as the OP, except replace "walked down to the basement" with "drove out to the desert", "stuff in the basement" with "terra cotta Buffalo statue" and "hockey stick" with "semi-automatic rifle."

The photographic evidence was amazing.

Why even bother? I 100% guarantee you all that the Bills will lose. Positive. No chance in hell. If they win, you can all make me eat crow and make fun of this post to no end. Seriously, they have no chance whatsoever. None. Zilch. Nada. They shouldn't event play the game.

(Ok, was I making it too obvious?)

This is pretty amateurish. With your parenthtical statement, you just pulled off a classic reverse jinx. Great-- we're now screwed.

(Or, are we?)

Yes, we're screwed. Whether it's because of my reverse jinx or just because they will get outplayed by a FAR superior NE team, it's not even worth my time watching. Mark it down. They will lose.

Yes, we're screwed. Whether it's because of my reverse jinx or just because they will get outplayed by a FAR superior NE team, it's not even worth my time watching. Mark it down. They will lose.

I ain't marking down jack. We are going to Chowder town and walking away with a W. Superior my ass.

During halftime of the Jags game, I proceeded to calmly (violently and in a rage) remove my EJ jersey (yes, I own an EJ jersey) and throw it out on the back patio, where it has been sitting ever since. I believe this sacrifice to the football gods has granted us at least 3 more wins, 1 of which will be on Monday night.

During halftime of the Jags game, I proceeded to calmly (violently and in a rage) remove my EJ jersey (yes, I own an EJ jersey) and throw it out on the back patio, where it has been sitting ever since. I believe this sacrifice to the football gods has granted us at least 3 more wins, 1 of which will be on Monday night.

Awesome. And one way to look at it. The other, perhaps better way, is to say because of that jersey you already cost us four losses, two of which EJ didn't even play in.

Don't touch the jersey. If it must be move, use a leaf blower and a shovel.

The indictment of you has been lifted.