Karlos Williams vs Todd Gurley

JPicc2114

Todd Gurley is off to a great start. I've heard many say he could possibly be the best back in the league. However, even though he doesn't start, another rookie is putting up some similar numbers.

Todd Gurley 118 attempts 664 yards 5.6 ypc 4 TDs 13 Rec 88 yards

Karlos Williams 58 attempts 360 yards 6.2 ypc 5 TDs 6 Rec 72 yards 2 TDs

One was a first rounder, one was a 5th rounder. Bills really his a homerun here in the 5th.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Todd Gurley is off to a great start. I've heard many say he could possibly be the best back in the league. However, even though he doesn't start, another rookie is putting up some similar numbers.

One was a first rounder, one was a 5th rounder. Bills really his a homerun here in the 5th.

ha, 7 TDs on 64 touches means he scores on 11% of his touches. :thumbsup:

Karlos has been a wonderful find this season, but don't mistake what he is. He's a great change of pace back to come in and get some carries when the defense is a bit worn down and susceptible to his style of running. He is not yet a well rounded starting caliber back. He may yet become one, but he has a further to go.

Karlos has been a wonderful find this season, but don't mistake what he is. He's a great change of pace back to come in and get some carries when the defense is a bit worn down and susceptible to his style of running. He is not yet a well rounded starting caliber back. He may yet become one, but he has a further to go.

I agree with this. I think he has been a brilliant find and a great pick and I was really impressed with the route he ran for his TD last night that was something I hadn't see in the passing game before from him. However, he still at this point is most effective as a tandem with Shady McCoy as a change of pace and change of style guy. The idea surely is to groom him behind McCoy with the idea that eventually he can be our lead back.

Considering he's only been a RB for 2 + years now, I would definitely agree that he can only get better and, at the moment, is just the perfect compliment to Shady. A great "Thunder and Lightning" combo where the thunder is actually more than just thunder, but has break out speed and some receiving ability as well. At this point in time a home run pick for sure.

Edited by Mark80

But we all know.. Bills always find running backs from the draft. They don't miss very often

A 5th round pick with this kind of impact as a rookie is some major found money. I can't imagine that the Bills thought he'd perform like this so early in his NFL career. That said he's no Todd Gurley. Gurley has the elite quick cutting ability that Karlos has yet to show.

Considering he's only been a RB for 2 + years now, I would definitely agree that he can only get better and, at the moment, is just the perfect compliment to Shady. A great "Thunder and Lightning" combo where the thunder is actually more than just thunder, but has break out speed and some receiving ability as well. At this point in time a home run pick for sure.

And the lightning is more than just lightning - Shady has shown he can run straight ahead between the tackles for those tough yards when we need him to.

They say karlos was born in the end zone and on game days he returns to the place of his birth, guided hundreds of yards only by sense of smell like the salmon of Capistrano.

Don't you mean the German salmon in Pearl Harbor?

Ya but Williams has played something like 4 more games than Gurley

Dont get me wrong, both players are amazing

CBF

I completely agree. I don't see him being a feature back now or in the future, but certainly he can be a Kenny Davis to McCoy's Thurman if that analogy works. I'm counting on McCoy being productive for 3 more years.

Williams had a chance to be the feature guy against the Giants and averaged about 2 yds a carry. Then he got a concussion and we didn't see him for 3 weeks after that. My guess is that the coaches need to find the sweet spot in the # of touches for a guy that now has a history in college and the Pros of being concussed.

That's ok. He's only halfway through his third year of playing the position. I'll take the results at the end of that learning curve!

That's ok. He's only halfway through his third year of playing the position. I'll take the results at the end of that learning curve!

And, thank goodness FSU needed another RB. We would not have drafted him at S unless Jauron was our coach!

its really impressive what Karlos is doing but Gurley is literally all that the Rams really have

Karlos was a steal in the 5th round though

havent heard anyone complain about the Bills cutting Fred the last couple weeks either

They say karlos was born in the end zone and on game days he returns to the place of his birth, guided hundreds of yards only by sense of smell like the salmon of Capistrano.

That's lovely. I'm going to retell that to my boys during 'los Williams' next TD celebration.