The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Nothing new.  That's been going on for 30+ years at least...since whack-a-doodles my college protested the racism of Daniel Patrick Moynihan.  :lol:

50 years

I really enjoy postmodern literature and enjoyed the pomo era as well. The worst signs of it ending are the grandchildren of hippies demanding a return of Enlightenment values in speech and thought process.

they will grow out of it....

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/43910/

A private college in California will be hosting a pool party later today at which white people will be excluded, with only “people who identify as POC” permitted to attend.

“POC” stands for “person of color.” The event will take place at Scripps College’s Sallie Tiernan Field House pool, according to The Claremont Independent.

6 hours ago, Azalin said:

At one point during his lecture, a protester yelled, "F*** the law!"

Blackman responded that it was a "bizarre" thing for a law student to say.

Reminds me of when I was in law school. Taking a class on contracts in my first year, when the professor says something. One student raised her hand and told him he was wrong. He asked how. Her response, "I don't know, you just are." I'm pretty sure she was married to a dentist or something; I hope relying on her acute legal skills to pay the bills wasn't going to be plan A for them.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

Reminds me of when I was in law school. Taking a class on contracts in my first year, when the professor says something. One student raised her hand and told him he was wrong. He asked how. Her response, "I don't know, you just are." I'm pretty sure she was married to a dentist or something; I hope relying on her acute legal skills to pay the bills wasn't going to be plan A for them.

Probably big in the DNC currently

3 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Sadly, there is a lot of that kind of thinking nowadays. I mean, who needs specific knowledge when one can simply assign right & wrong based on an amalgam of ignorance and their own warped moral code?

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Duke Students Who Hijacked Alumni Event: Punishing Us Would Hurt Us Mentally.

“The student activists of 2018 require a lot of hand holding as they overthrow their oppressors.”

:wallbash:

Protest leader Gino Nuzzolillo accused administrators of aggravating the mental health problems of student activists. The administration's letters informing students that they are under investigation have had the effect of "exacerbating any pre-existing mental health conditions," 

Wait...so they're using "liberalism is mental illness" as a defense???? 

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/04/22/shania-twain-would-have-voted-trump-even-though-he-offensive/540721002/

Shania Twain sorry for saying she would've voted for Trump 'even though he was offensive

Seeing how she’s a Canadian citizen, Shania Twain couldn't vote for Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election. But the country crossover star says she would have cast her ballot for President Trump.

"I would have voted for him because, even though he was offensive, he seemed honest," Twain says in a new interview published Sunday by The Guardian. "Do you want straight or polite? Not that you shouldn’t be able to have both. If I were voting, I just don’t want (BS). I would have voted for a feeling that it was transparent. And politics has a reputation of not being that, right?"

wow.  that she had to do this is just sad.

11c072e264202d489f10fe4141bbafbc.jpg

36 minutes ago, GG said:

Can't wait for this movie to come out.  

Every time I see Whinny Kimmel I think of the divergence he has taken from the path of men.  At one point he and Carolla were hosts of The Man Show. It's amazing that one is turned into another Hollywood elitest **** and the other has been nearly whiped out from existence and blackballed from mainstream media whilst compiling a major underground following.

Carolla was always the man whilst Kimmel was a B word.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

Written by "Ashe Schow."

C'mon..that's a joke, right?  An article on unfair sexual assault charges, by "Ass Show?"