IK Enemkpali to be team captain vs. Jets

Wazzu Bill

You mean the guy that went to the hospital that everyone blamed for the incident and took Incognitos side?

Wait what? Incognito was released and missed a year of football and they even did an "investigation".

Did he ever truly come back as clean? I think he is fine, but I think he still carries the bully stigma. Remember we weren't allowed to even call the team a "bully" earlier in the year? And then we send him out to midfield to "bully" the dolphins as a captain? God I hate Rex! So classless.

See i can do it too!

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you come to that conclusion when every game he has had the former players on that team be the captains? It's nothing to do with IK personally or what he did.

Because he trolls all the time when he pulls out his big troll that makes everything alright? I dont like it week to week (and have said as much) and it is particulalrly immature and classless this week. You guys act like Rex is just on a ride and that he has no control over. "Well, thats the way it is every week so there ya go!"

Because he trolls all the time when he pulls out his big troll that makes everything alright? I dont like it week to week (and have said as much) and it is particulalrly immature and classless this week. You guys act like Rex is just on a ride and that he has no control over. "Well, thats the way it is every week so there ya go!"

I don't even care about "class," I just think it's stupid.

Agreed.

Wait what? Incognito was released and missed a year of football and they even did an "investigation".

Did he ever truly come back as clean? I think he is fine, but I think he still carries the bully stigma. Remember we weren't allowed to even call the team a "bully" earlier in the year? And then we send him out to midfield to "bully" the dolphins as a captain? God I hate Rex! So classless.

See i can do it too!

Many of the NFLPA sided with Incognito. Most of if not the entire Dolphins locker room did....

That's not what I or I believe others are saying. I think it has ZERO to do with the other team and if they get any extra incentive to play harder and to win because of it, they are a losing team and we should roll them. It has no affect on the game, but it makes the guy and the teammates feel good for a few seconds and like the team they play on and the coach they play for, which is important.

It would be WAY different if he was making a statement, and did it sometimes and not others. Then I would be pissed putting IK out there this game if he didn't do it before. But he does it the same every time. It's not to show them up, except, perhaps to say hey you guys screwed up getting rid of these guys because we are happy to have them. What is wrong with that? Football is an emotional game.

I've changed my mind about this. I think it's more between Rex and the Captains of the week.

From their perspective it's an honor to be named a captain, and probably the reason Rex does this is to motivate his player(s).

Being out there for the coin toss is an honor, and I'm certain Rex talks to each of them when he makes them Captain and has them think and reflect on the fact that the other team let them go. So, go ahead and make them pay for their mistake.

Thurman used that kind of motivation in every NFL game he played in.

I've changed my mind about this. I think it's more between Rex and the Captains of the week.

From their perspective it's an honor to be named a captain, and probably the reason Rex does this is to motivate his player(s).

Being out there for the coin toss is an honor, and I'm certain Rex talks to each of them when he makes them Captain and has them think and reflect on the fact that the other team let them go. So, go ahead and make them pay for their mistake.

Thurman used that kind of motivation in every NFL game he played in.

Exactly. I don't really think it is for the other team at all except the way you explained it and I also did above. It's for the Bills guys.

There's that too.

Win games and let the media and fans focus on that. Thats the only type of attention I want for the Bills. In the event that they can't win then don't draw any attention.

As some one said upstream, how many times does Rex have to have sh*t fly back in his face before he learns his lesson? Does he not understand that he can have confidence and personality without being an douche or making proclamations?

I don't really care about this and find the whole thing kinda amusing, but it's basically bush league and speaks to Rex's inner Blutarski. I mean, who really cares in the end, but it is very reflective of who he is, so let's call a spade a spade. Rex has got a fair amount of clown in him, and I don't think that can be denied. It doesn't mean I don't like him. You take the good with the bad.

That's not what I or I believe others are saying. I think it has ZERO to do with the other team and if they get any extra incentive to play harder and to win because of it, they are a losing team and we should roll them. It has no affect on the game, but it makes the guy and the teammates feel good for a few seconds and like the team they play on and the coach they play for, which is important.

It would be WAY different if he was making a statement, and did it sometimes and not others. Then I would be pissed putting IK out there this game if he didn't do it before. But he does it the same every time. It's not to show them up, except, perhaps to say hey you guys screwed up getting rid of these guys because we are happy to have them. What is wrong with that? Football is an emotional game.

I didnt mention an effect on the game at all. I dont know if it effects the outcome or not (and neither do you.) All I said is it reflects poorly on the team. perhaps that doesnt matter to most, but I'd like my team to conduct itself with some class.

I do find it odd that you end with "football is an emotional game" yet state that these types of things have "no effect on the game."

Agreed.

Many of the NFLPA sided with Incognito. Most of if not the entire Dolphins locker room did....

i don't remember any of Geno's teammates sticking up for him. Reports from the locker room were that he shoved his finger in IK's face and told him he wasn't getting his money back. Pretty sure most of the team doesn't give a flying you know what about Eugene. He's been a bad player and a bad teammate. IK shouldn't have hit him but he did and he paid the price by getting cut and then suspended by the league. Edited by YoloinOhio

I pretty sure he made Jim Leonhard Captain when the JESTS played The Bills.

Any remembered outrage around here for that?

Nah, didn't think so.

He wasn't our coach. Who cares what some buffoon on some other crappy team is doing?

Weird comment.

I didnt mention an effect on the game at all. I dont know if it effects the outcome or not (and neither do you.) All I said is it reflects poorly on the team. perhaps that doesnt matter to most, but I'd like my team to conduct itself with some class.

I do find it odd that you end with "football is an emotional game" yet state that these types of things have "no effect on the game."

The Bills have a lot of classy players and coaches. Even Rex displays class often.

I think the organization, as a whole, is pretty classy.

But also blue-collar. Don't forget to mention that we're a blue-collar team in a blue-collar city. People like that.