IK Enemkpali to be team captain vs. Jets

Wazzu Bill

Okay whatever you say. :lol:

@StepnerWKBW

#Bills IK Enemkpali being a captain for #Jets game is par for course for Rex. He's done this sort of thing all season w/players vs ex team.

Haha. The media has had this story written for weeks which is why they were dying to ask him who the captains would be today.

I agree that naming IK captain isn't exactly crossing any red lines. It's not a total *$%# move, but there are definitely some subliminal tones.You have to agree Rex runs his mouth more than an average NFL coach, and that's what people have a problem with. After yesterdays game, when asked about the upcoming matchup vs the Jets, Rex says "Yeah I hate those guys......uh, just kidding, it's just another game"...giving the impression that he's a coke bottle filled with mentos about to explode with trash talk

I take those comments as "I am supposed to say x controversial thing here for the media to harp on all week, so instead I will make a joke". Watching his press conferences confirms this.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rex might be the most immature head coach I've ever seen. The team should have real captains who are acknowledged as such instead of using it to troll former teams of players.

The Bills are not the only NFL team that designates Team Captains on a weekly or rotational basis. Doesn't mean squat!

@SalSports

To send/not send IK out as captain is tough call because Rex HAS done that w/every player who faces former team. Now he shouldn't? I dunno.

@SalSports

If he randomly selected IK for game with group of "normal" captains I'd say bush league.But he's done it for 8 gms. So I'm wrestling with it

@SalSports

You can make the argument they shouldn't have signed him. I get it. But they did and he's part of the team, and that's what Rex has done

@SalSports

To send/not send IK out as captain is tough call because Rex HAS done that w/every player who faces former team. Now he shouldn't? I dunno.

@SalSports

If he randomly selected IK for game with group of "normal" captains I'd say bush league.But he's done it for 8 gms. So I'm wrestling with it

@SalSports

You can make the argument they shouldn't have signed him. I get it. But they did and he's part of the team, and that's what Rex has done

Now there is some rational thinking. I like it Sal!

The Bills are not the only NFL team that designates Team Captains on a weekly or rotational basis. Doesn't mean squat!

Every action an individual takes has meaning. Whether one wants to acknowledge it or try to interpret it is another matter. Rex represents this franchise. All his actions reflect on the franchise in one way or another. This decision reflects poorly on the team. There is no reason for it other than to be a smug SOB who thinks it's funny. That smacks of immaturity. If that's how fans want their franchise to be represented then so be it.

And I'm not an "anti-Rex" guy. I was all for his hiring and I think he did a good job for most of his tenure with the Jets. I had hoped - wrongly apparently- that he would fix some his shortcomings the second time around.

Every action an individual takes has meaning. Whether one wants to acknowledge it or try to interpret it is another matter. Rex represents this franchise. All his actions reflect on the franchise in one way or another. This decision reflects poorly on the team. There is no reason for it other than to be a smug SOB who thinks it's funny. That smacks of immaturity. If that's how fans want their franchise to be represented then so be it.

And I'm not an "anti-Rex" guy. I was all for his hiring and I think he did a good job for most of his tenure with the Jets. I had hoped - wrongly apparently- that he would fix some his shortcomings the second time around.

What are you ranting about? He sends out his players who are former members of the opposing team each week as captains. This is no different.

Gimme a bleepin break! If this revs up the Jets, then they're doomed to begin with. The circumstances and potential playoff implications should be enough to rev up both teams.

What will rev up the Jets is Fitz' pregame speech, like it did the Texans last year.

Actually though I agree that having IK as captain WILL FIRE THE Jets up even more. Jocks eat this kind of stuff up. Rex dissed us by making the guy that broke our starting QB's jaw. We'll show that !@#$ing **** what we think about that.

Edited by reddogblitz

Gimme a bleepin break! If this revs up the Jets, then they're doomed to begin with. The circumstances and potential playoff implications should be enough to rev up both teams.

Jocks live for this stuff. It may not make sense to you and I. but the Jets are going to eat this up. Why even give them the thought of it.

My fear is Rex is going to do this, also get the team over PO'd and hyped and we see the Bills of old with the dumb ass PF penalties.

I made it pretty clear. If you're incapable of finding meaning in it, I can't help you.

I'm perfectly capable. I just happen to disagree with your perspective in this particular instance.

Jocks live for this stuff. It may not make sense to you and I. but the Jets are going to eat this up. Why even give them the thought of it.

My fear is Rex is going to do this, also get the team over PO'd and hyped and we see the Bills of old with the dumb ass PF penalties.

Oh please! The Jets' players won't give two :censored: about this.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

So if the Jets perform better than the Bills Thursday then the extra motivation guided the Jets to a win? So when we named Incognito a captain last week, did it just not work for the Dolphins? Are they unable to "eat this stuff up"?

Or does it only serve as an excuse if we lose?