Do the Bills still go QB in round 1?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In theory, you are right.But you're talking about using resources to trade up to get QB and then leave him on the bench and never play him? I don't think that is likely. I don't think the Bills will go all in to get a QB this year unless they are sure TT is not the guy. Some fans here are sure. I don't think the Bills are. I would expect the Bills to use their top pick to add to the team around Taylor and maybe pick a QB later. Who knows. It will be interesting. Hopefully Taylor finishes this year strong and we go to the playoffs and this is a non-issue.

Nothing matters if we don't get a QB. If folks don't see that, they never will. It's not the time to build the team up. It's as good as it's gonna be. Swing hard and swing often over the next 2 years.

I'd draft a QB even if we go into the playoffs with Tyrod.

Nothing matters if we don't get a QB. If folks don't see that, they never will. It's not the time to build the team up. It's as good as it's gonna be. Swing hard and swing often over the next 2 years.

I'd draft a QB even if we go into the playoffs with Tyrod.

This is the argument that drives me nuts. You don't just pull a QB of the QB tree and he shows up and is great. That happens very very rarely. If you draft a guy, it takes time for him to develop. Especially if you draft a guy in the first, you have to give him a couple years to develop rather than picking a QB every year and playing musical QBs. The problem with this fanbase if that we have no patience due to the playoff drought.

This is the argument that drives me nuts. You don't just pull a QB of the QB tree and he shows up and is great. That happens very very rarely. If you draft a guy, it takes time for him to develop. Especially if you draft a guy in the first, you have to give him a couple years to develop rather than picking a QB every year and playing musical QBs. The problem with this fanbase if that we have no patience due to the playoff drought.

The fanbase has nothing to do with who starts at QB. The argument that we can't draft a QB because the fans are impatient is completely ludicrous.

You'd rather we were still "developing" Manuel?

We have zero first round QB's capable of developing right now.

There's no patience because SuperBowl windows close.

Should we go through the list of "good" QB's in the NFL who started out pretty good? Who, by their second year, were basically franchise guys?

This team will be worse than it is now in 3 years. We need a lottery ticket, a guy who comes in a plays well. We need to play the lottery a lot.

Edited by FireChan

We have zero first round QB's capable of developing right now.

There's no patience because SuperBowl windows close.

Should we go through the list of "good" QB's in the NFL who started out pretty good? Who, by their second year, were basically franchise guys?

This team will be worse than it is now in 3 years. We need a lottery ticket, a guy who comes in a plays well. We need to play the lottery a lot.

We should go down the list of guys who showed little to no improvement over the course of their first 2 seasons who went on to be successful. It'll save time.

Tyrod looks like a career back up. A damn good back up...but not a starter by any means.

I wouldn't even draft a QB early unless it was a stud. I would (obviously) take any quality guy available in rd. 4 and beyond...but I would primarily try to grab an existing "pro" via trade or FA (Rivers, Cutler, any of those type of guys). They won't be great but the window is now we don't have time for a rookie.