Defense is still average

Great win today(our offense won this game), but this defense is average for sure. How many completions did we give up? and do we have any LB who can make tackles? I was getting pissed with the amount of yards after the catch today. I am fine with Whaley letting Nigel leave in free agency, he and Brown missed tackles all over the field.

This has happened all season either I missed tackle or penalty for a late hit.

Also did Mario Williams or MD even make one play today for the 200mill in salary? The only guy making plays seemed to be Hughes and Darby has been a warrior on the corner.

Edited by Niagara Dude

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem seems to me that they just cannot get to the quarterback. It doesnt matter if theyre blitzing or doing a 4 man rush, most of the time the other team is able to keep a clean pocket for the QB to stand and make a throw.

Hughes looks like he takes a wide approach in his pass rush every single time, except today he finally threw in a spin move that helped him collaspe the pocket. Not sure if I can really remember him doing a spin move with success before but if he's developed that skill he should keep using it because it allowed him to make a game changing play today.

As for our linebackers, I think we have good run thumpers but it is very clear that preston brown and nigel bradham lack in the ability to make plays from sideline to sideline. They are a liability in coverage out in space and are the culprits for why the dophins were able to have so much success with pitch runs and quick screens out to the WRs.

I love Mccoy and think he helped us win today, but you have to wonder why they were so eager to get rid of Alonso in the deal. Perhaps if they had just calmed themselves down for a second, and weren't a little buzzed drinking whiskey and smoking badass cigars on Pegulas private yacht in Florida, they would have realized that the eagles would have traded them Mccoy for a lot less than they were willing to pay.

Edited by TallskiWallski83

I simply think the transition is going to take a little more time than any of us would have liked...

Its frustrating for sure, but the only thing that counts for right now is that we score more points than the other team.

Our linebackers are sub-par. I know this won't be popular around here, but Preston Brown is very mediocre. I'm not just saying this because he missed a tackle today that went for big yards. He doesn't move laterally particularly well, he's not really a thumper that can stand up a guard in a gap, and his coverage skills leave a lot to be desired. He'll make a play now and then but he's just as likely to disappear for a few weeks.

I think Preston Brown is better as an OLB than MLB

Did Mario even play today? I at least saw Marcel chasing some guys

Rex plays all man way too much which leaves a lot of open space when a tackle is missed like the one Brown missed on Miller

I think Preston Brown is better as an OLB than MLB

Did Mario even play today? I at least saw Marcel chasing some guys

Rex plays all man way too much which leaves a lot of open space when a tackle is missed like the one Brown missed on Miller

Interesting comment as stats don't tell the whole story.

A stat that really stuck out for me was the number of first downs Miami had. it was pretty close too 30 and that is just ridiculous

I've been thru the analysis phase with this defense.....why the structure doesn't work......why the players can't make the plays offenses are forcing them to make.....but it comes down to this.......this defense is a steaming pile of sh*t compared to what it was last year, what it was supposed to be and what it SHOULD be.

I've been thru the analysis phase with this defense.....why the structure doesn't work......why the players can't make the plays offenses are forcing them to make.....but it comes down to this.......this defense is a steaming pile of sh*t compared to what it was last year, what it was supposed to be and what it SHOULD be.

And still... held the team to 17 points. That should be good enough for a win every time.