Cleveland and SF tanking

with theses two teams tanking it shows that there are elite QBs in this draft. Connor Cook, Paxton Lynch and Jerod Goff are the top choices and I wish we would join them but with all that we spent last offseason, tanking wont be on the FO minds.

Once Pegs sees that this regime is floundering we can tank in to yrs for Josh Rosen.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

If those two 2-6 teams are tanking I wonder what the 1-6 Titans, and 1-7 Lions are doing?

Imagine would it would be like around here if the Bills had Matthew Stafford at QB, Megatron & Golden Tate at WR, and the #2 defense in the NFL last year. This year the defense is 27th

The Lions current point differential is 149 points for, and 245 points against :w00t: Just last year this team was 11-5, and in the playoffs. Perhaps new Lions OC "Jim Bob Cooter" will straighten things out.

with theses two teams tanking it shows that there are elite QBs in this draft. Connor Cook, Paxton Lynch and Jerod Goff are the top choices and I wish we would join them but with all that we spent last offseason, tanking wont be on the FO minds.

Once Pegs sees that this regime is floundering we can tank in to yrs for Josh Rosen.

SF was falling apart last season and Cleveland is, well Cleveland.

I am no experts but the last I heard from one was that there were no must have prospects @ QB in the upcoming draft.

I am no experts but the last I heard from one was that there were no must have prospects @ QB in the upcoming draft.

I listened a bit to a national show this morning and they talked about this. They mentioned Goff as possibly a nice fit in SF to sell tickets as a local. Then they said who else is even out there? Cook's name came up. Care to guess the next sound?

Laughter.

SF had a rather significant coaching change for another thing.

As for Cleveland ... well, when Dowell Loggains is the guy pulling the strings on your draft board, your franchise is probably in total disarray. Just saying.

Paxton Lynch is going to go #1 I'm sure. He is huge, mobile, and has great accuracy.

No one else likes Cody Kessler? he is only 6'1" but I think he has all the tools to be a good QB in this league. He is much more impressive than Goff to me.

***Disclaimer is I have watched very little of these guys this year.

But I disagree that we should be tanking for a QB. I believe TT is our QB for the foreseeable future.

Edited by peterpan

You would take it that way

God am I glad you are not running this team

I listened a bit to a national show this morning and they talked about this. They mentioned Goff as possibly a nice fit in SF to sell tickets as a local. Then they said who else is even out there? Cook's name came up. Care to guess the next sound?

Laughter.

too damn funny

SF had a rather significant coaching change for another thing.

As for Cleveland ... well, when Dowell Loggains is the guy pulling the strings on your draft board, your franchise is probably in total disarray. Just saying.

My question with SF is - Why did they tank last season with Harbaugh? Was it because he was in a "lame duck" last season or are there deeper issues in upper management.

If those two 2-6 teams are tanking I wonder what the 1-6 Titans, and 1-7 Lions are doing?

they just suk

Laughter.

so two dummies who are not aware of college football, I see, well you fit right in

You would take it that way

God am I glad you are not running this team

so you prefer going 8-8 and never getting a real QB? TT is not the answer

Thing is if you tank you better pick the right guy at the end of it. Don't get me wrong the Cam year when we started 0-7 whatever it was I wanted us to tank and take Cam... but that is the only time I have ever wanted us to do that.

would rather have tanked for Luck.

but at this point we need a better than average QB, getting guys like Luck or Payton is hard but I would settle for guys like Rivers and Roethlisberger who I think the top 3 in this draft compare to.

would rather have tanked for Luck.

but at this point we need a better than average QB, getting guys like Luck or Payton is hard but I would settle for guys like Rivers and Roethlisberger who I think the top 3 in this draft compare to.

Thing is the year Luck came out we started 5-2. I'd rather in that position try and make the play-offs. I don't think you can decide pre-season "we are going to suck this year" that isn't a recipe for success because it sucks life out of your organisation. I don't care what the Sabres did I don't care about hockey.... it is a bad idea in the NFL.

Thing is the year Luck came out we started 5-2. I'd rather in that position try and make the play-offs. I don't think you can decide pre-season "we are going to suck this year" that isn't a recipe for success because it sucks life out of your organisation. I don't care what the Sabres did I don't care about hockey.... it is a bad idea in the NFL.

this. Plus, while there are QBs who appear to be worth taking in the 1st rd this year ...none appear to be worth tanking for.

this. Plus, while there are QBs who appear to be worth taking in the 1st rd this year ...none appear to be worth tanking for.

The last time we drafted at a high enough position to jive with a "tank" type approach was when we picked #3 overall and took Marcell Dareus.

Tanking in the NFL works just fine; it may not get you the super stud QB we all want, but if you are picking 1, 2, or 3 overall you are almost certainly going to get one hell of a stud player.

If we are going to end up 8-8 this year or thereabouts, might as well tank.

Edited by Fadingpain

The last time we drafted at a high enough position to jive with a "tank" type approach was when we picked #3 overall and took Marcell Dareus.

Tanking in the NFL works just fine; it may not get you the super stud QB we all want, but if you are picking 1, 2, or 3 overall you are almost certainly going to get one hell of a stud player.

If we are going to end up 8-8 this year or thereabouts, might as well tank.

No necessarily true because all draft classes are not alike. Sometimes the top of the draft is stacked, while in other years it's quite lean.