2016 Team "Who do we keep?"

After reading a few fire Whaley posts, it got me thinking about next year. No, I'm not ready yet to give up this year but since we are on the bye I'd like to pose the question "Who do we keep?"

Offense:

QB Taylor

RB McCoy

WR Watkins,

G Incognito (resign before season ends)

C Wood

T Henderson, Glenn (contract may be $$$)

TE Clay, Gragg

Defense:

DT Dareus, K Williams

DE M. Williams, Hughes

LB Brown, Bradham

S A Williams

CB Gilmore(more $$$), Darby

P Schmidt

ST Easley

I know there are a few contracts that need to be worked out, but these are my keepers. What say you?

I don't know that Bradham is worth keeping. He's going to demand a huge contract and he's been a liability this season, both in terms of performance and his proclivity for boneheaded penalties.

I get the impression that he will be a casualty. I think we'll be drafting at least two backers as well (one of them high - an athletic coverage LB).

I once the 5th year option on Woods. He can make diving catches and catches in traffic. He made a few brutal plays already this season (aggressive run blocks, ST tackles, punched Gilmore in practice) while staying healthy. He plays with heart and I see him actually sprinting after the interceptor while Sammy just jogs and lets someone else handle it. Even if he's not cut out to be a #1, he's still my favorite WR on the team.

I once the 5th year option on Woods. He can make diving catches and catches in traffic. He made a few brutal plays already this season (aggressive run blocks, ST tackles, punched Gilmore in practice) while staying healthy. He plays with heart and I see him actually sprinting after the interceptor while Sammy just jogs and lets someone else handle it. Even if he's not cut out to be a #1, he's still my favorite WR on the team.

I love Woods. He throws great blocks and does all the little things. Would def keep him.

Also, I think Bradham is gone. Someone will overpay. We will draft an athletic coverage-type LB. Bradham is very good, but not great like some of the guys we need to keep (Gilmore). I could also see Glenn being a possible cap causality as some teams love to overpay there. He would be harder to replace than Bradham IMO.

5th year option is for first rounders. You have to tag or extend him.

After reading a few fire Whaley posts, it got me thinking about next year. No, I'm not ready yet to give up this year but since we are on the bye I'd like to pose the question "Who do we keep?"

Offense:

QB Taylor

RB McCoy

WR Watkins,

G Incognito (resign before season ends)

C Wood

T Henderson, Glenn (contract may be $$$)

TE Clay, Gragg

Defense:

DT Dareus, K Williams

DE M. Williams, Hughes

LB Brown, Bradham

S A Williams

CB Gilmore(more $$$), Darby

P Schmidt

ST Easley

I know there are a few contracts that need to be worked out, but these are my keepers. What say you?

Taylor isn't the answer but he could stay while we develop our rookie QB. Henderson, Glenn no great loss.

I can see Mario reworking the contract.

No mention of Karlos???

Offense:

QB Taylor

RB McCoy, Williams

WR Watkins, Woods, 7-11

G Incognito, Miller (resign before season ends)

C Wood

T Henderson, Glenn (contract may be $$$), Kujo for depth

TE Clay, (no to gragg, still not an NFL caliber player overall)

Defense:

DT Dareus, K Williams, Charles, Bryant

DE M. Williams, Hughes (need more depth here)

LB Brown, Bradham (need some depth here too)

S A Williams, Graham

CB Gilmore(more $$$), Darby, Robey

P Schmidt

ST Easley, Sanborn

I'd keep 27 of the current 53, but that is just me.