Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

It's either one of two things. The guys is a stud but he isn't getting the ball or he's not getting open enough thus not playing to his potential. I tend to think it's more a QB thing. A better QB and play calling/getting him more involved and he's a big play maker on a good offensive team. Bills are all about the run.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's either one of two things. The guys is a stud but he isn't getting the ball or he's not getting open enough thus not playing to his potential. I tend to think it's more a QB thing. A better QB and play calling/getting him more involved and he's a big play maker on a good offensive team. Bills are all about the run.

A look at the all 22s shows that it's most certainly not the bolded.

In the Colts, Dolphins, Jets, and Patriots game he LITERALLY is.

Also add in supbar performances in Cinci and the Pats in week 2.

He is having an incredibly poor year.

But why? I mean, I have been quite clear that I think Ryan is an idiot and a dolt as a head coach, but even a clown like him wouldn't avoid getting Watkins the ball if possible. There is no logical reason for the Bills to let Watkins rot on the vine. Crazy.

Maybe, I didn't notice any during the game but I wasn't watching him all that closely once it became apparent they weren't looking his way -- at all -- in the first half. So frustrating.

The camera view was awful too. Almost the entire time you couldn't see half the field.

In the Colts, Dolphins, Jets, and Patriots game he LITERALLY is.

Also add in supbar performances in Cinci and the Pats in week 2.

He is having an incredibly poor year.

I meant it literally.

It's not just this game. Other guys are getting targeted, and sometimes they are tightly covered. Watkins isn't the guy Tyrod looks for, the "go to" choice when Tyrod is in trouble, the guy he searches for when he takes off out of the pocket. The guy Tyrod always knows where he will be.

That is who I assumed Watkins would be...THE MAN.

And he hasn't made much of the opportunities that he has had.

It's bizarre to me.

Edited by HoF Watkins

I meant it literally.

It's not just this game. Other guys are getting targeted, and sometimes they are tightly covered. Watkins isn't the guy Tyrod looks for, the "go to" choice when Tyrod is in trouble, the guy he searches for when he takes off out of the pocket. The guy Tyrod always knows where he will be.

That is who I assumed Watkins would be...THE MAN.

And he hasn't made much of the opportunities that he has had.

It's bizarre to me.

I question Sammy's competitiveness. He has major talent but contrast him with McCoy who also has elite ability but shows way more heart, consistently. I understand that he doesn't have Eli throwing to him like OBJ does, but look at Hopkins. Who does he have throwing to him? And yet he produces. Hopkins & TJ Yates tore up Revis this week. But then again Sammy just isn't getting targets. Even if, say, Taylor is only capable of one or two reads, why aren't there more plays designed around Watkins getting quick throws then?

Have the Bills watched any of Watkins college tape? The dude caught more WR screens then Welker + Edelman + Amendola have in their NFL career. How hard is it to execute a WR screen?

Exactly!

He is just out there running around.

Like forest gump, yo

I think the All-22 will show Sammy giving up on a couple routes this game, IMO.

Oh man. Another ones about to enter the FC doghouse. Spiller treatment for Sammy coming right up. Edited by Ryan L Billz

Tyrod is bad when his arm is not broken. Why not put EJ in? He would most likely fumble the snap but at least he could throw it down the field in case he handled the snap.. Sammy is a great decoy, one highlight reel catch and then he becomes invisible. McCoy dropped quite a few passes today but only one that mattered. Carpenter has been playing better but then he blew it. Leodis reverted to form which is not a good thing. I thought Mario continued his 2015 strategy of not showing up. Gilmore is always good for one major penalty at the wrong time. We covered Gronk, why not try to cover Amendola???? Shelton missed a big block on that first drive. Truly it flipped the coin toss and that really lost us the game.

Pathetic effort. We played hard but just don't know how to win.

He was injured early in the game...did you even watch it or did you read a Sully article and just pick out his whine points?

Clearly Watkins isn't getting enough targets to make a difference in a game. 4th best receiver with 6 targets, 3 receptions for 39 yards. Against the Jets last week he was the 5th best receiver with 7 targets, 3 receptions for 14 yards.

Sammy had a few great catches at the end of the game, but why did it take so long to get him the ball? You would think that when you have an elite super star player at a position that they (the coaches) would make an effort to get him the ball more often.

The difference in the game was the difference at the QB position.

Clearly Watkins isn't getting enough targets to make a difference in a game. 4th best receiver with 6 targets, 3 receptions for 39 yards. Against the Jets last week he was the 5th best receiver with 7 targets, 3 receptions for 14 yards.

Sammy had a few great catches at the end of the game, but why did it take so long to get him the ball? You would think that when you have an elite super star player at a position that they (the coaches) would make an effort to get him the ball more often.

The difference in the game was the difference at the QB position.

The QBs weren't all that different in performance last night though

QB and Roman are the reason Watkins is not targeted more. I honestly think that Roman's offense just isn't written to take advantage of a player like Sammy. He doesn't know how to utilize him. Tyrod, I don't think gives him many looks, for whatever reason. Chemistry, play design, whatever the case may be.

Watkins is an ELITE WR and he's shown that when he's targeted, which is why so many fans are scratching their heads as to why he isn't used more. Clay is crazy talented, but a different OC, and perhaps QB, and Clay would not be #1 in receiving yards and targets.