Roman???? Bring back Hacket!

CSBill

After the Miami game, the question was: "How will we keep him?"

Since that game, he has been awful. The icing on the cake were the three calls at the end of the game. Why? On all three of them? But the last incompletion was the kicker. Everybody but him knows that is a very hard throw, and that is not even figuring in the EJ factor.

And by the way, did they outlaw the screen pass? … don't we have this guy named McCoy that needs the ball in space?

Anyhow, the last three games have been horrible.

I'm not serious about Hacket, but time for this guy to be held accountable

It would be a rough day for any OC missing so many guys but he actively hurt himself a few times. And on the biggest plays of the day.

Also- does any offense in the league go to a "come to the sideline" system when radios go out? It felt unprepared for a common occurance.

Edited by NoSaint

What about Doug Marrone?

You know, the former SU and Buffalo Bills head coach who is now a coach on the lowly Jaguars?

There's a lot of Buffalo Bills fans here in Syracuse who would love to hear you Bills fans in Buffalo and Rochester explain how you feel about losing to Doug Marrone, today.

Since that game, he has been awful. The icing on the cake were the three calls at the end of the game. Why? On all three of them? But the last incompletion was the kicker. Everybody but him knows that is a very hard throw, and that is not even figuring in the EJ factor.

And by the way, did they outlaw the screen pass? … don't we have this guy named McCoy that needs the ball in space?

You have got to be kidding me!?!? Hacket was the worst OC I have ever seen. TERRIBLE on all levels.

Roman is MISSING his starting QB, all his RB depth, the right side of the OL, 3 WRs including his top 2...and we scored 31 still despite EJ doing his best to give the game away...and you think Roman is the problem?

I mean wow...amidst all the over reactions every week here, suggesting we bring back Hacket is about the worst thing I think I have ever read on this board. Anyone suggesting we have Hacket back over Roman should literally step away from the board and sober up for 48 hours. Thats how bad Hacket was.

Edited by Alphadawg7

You have got to be kidding me!?!? Hacket was the worst OC I have ever seen. TERRIBLE on all levels.

Roman is MISSING his starting QB, all his RB depth, the right side of the OL, 3 WRs including his top 2...and we scored 31 still despite EJ doing his best to give the game away...and you think Roman is the problem?

I mean wow...amidst all the over reactions every week here, suggesting we bring back Hacket is about the worst thing I think I have ever read on this board. Anyone suggesting we have Hacket back over Roman should literally step away from the board and sober up for 48 hours. Thats how bad Hacket was.

You must not have finished reading his post, eh?

those last three downs were brutal. burning two timeouts and not getting 1 yard despite three tries.

one of these years it would be nice to have a team that was smart enough to hurry to the line and run a quick play to get the first down. instead, time-out, followed by predictability.

Don't know if I'd bring back Hackett, but Roman has been underwhelming. Twice now he has shown gross negligence in operating the two minute offense which suggests to me his handle on situational football is tenuous at best. And no way in hell do you have a mechanically challenged QB to begin with rolling left and throwing the ball. Stupid. Just stupid.

GO BILLS!!!

You must not have finished reading his post, eh?

Thanks No Saint . . the point is Roman has not really been any better in the preparation and plan. Again, exhibit A = the last three plays.

Edited by CSBill

Thanks No Saint . . the point is Roman has not really been any better in the preparation and plan. Again, exhibit A = the last three plays.

Yet we keep scoring lots of points despite missing our starting QB, most our RBs, most our WRs and the right side of our OL.

Maybe Roman isn't the problem...

Breaking News: OC, HC, and offenses in general don't normally look as good playing their backups at all the skill positions.

I mean I sat Antonio Brown in Fantasy because despite how good he is as a player, he's useless with backup QBs in there. Teams don't win or play well with second string players or worse at critical positions like QB, OT, and starting WRs. Somehow, with backups everywhere, and backups to backups playing, this team keeps scoring points and stays in games. So to hate on Roman right now, despite all the injuries is just crazy to me.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Yet we keep scoring lots of points despite missing our starting QB, most our RBs, most our WRs and the right side of our OL.

Maybe Roman isn't the problem...

Breaking News: OC, HC, and offenses in general don't normally look as good playing their backups at all the skill positions.

I mean I sat Antonio Brown in Fantasy because despite how good he is as a player, he's useless with backup QBs in there. Teams don't win or play well with second string players or worse at critical positions like QB, OT, and starting WRs. Somehow, with backups everywhere, and backups to backups playing, this team keeps scoring points and stays in games. So to hate on Roman right now, despite all the injuries is just crazy to me.

Roman had an EJ-esque day on the sideline too. When good he was excellent but he was wildly inconsistent and at times (big times) downright offensively bad.

If you look beyond the fantasy football stat lines and watch the process- he made major mistakes despite coming away with some points.

Edited by NoSaint

As someone who never bought into (or understood) the Roman hype I can say that from my perspective he has called two good games so far this year, Colts (who are terrible) and Dolphins (who were terrible under Philbin). The Niners were good because of their defense not the offense. In fact the offense seemed to screw them over in big games they could have won (see 2012 NFC Championship game against the Giants). Maybe it is just the injuries but he hasn't convinced me.

there's two Ts in Hackett

those last three downs were brutal. burning two timeouts and not getting 1 yard despite three tries.

The salt in the woun was that damn red line on the screen marking where the Bills needed to get to for a FG attempt. I was mocking us as it was only about 15 yards away and the Bills couldn't pick up one damn yard.

The way EJ was playing today I know I'd have rather seen more read option, and more run plays then 42 attempts passing. So I can sorta see the OP's point on this. 28 rushes was a decent amount but I'd have liked to have seen more run plays. More like 44 rushes, and 25 passes this game.

That one play that had McCoy as QB, and the ball hit Woods in the backfield as he ran by was just a lame play call.

The way EJ was playing today I know I'd have rather seen more read option, and more run plays then 42 attempts passing. So I can sorta see the OP's point on this. 28 rushes was a decent amount but I'd have liked to have seen more run plays. More like 44 rushes, and 25 passes this game.

That one play that had McCoy as QB, and the ball hit Woods in the backfield as he ran by was just a lame play call.

We were down 20 points...

We were down 20 points...

The Bills weren't down 20 points before that bizarre sequence of giving the Jags three TD's, and the Bills should have run more then IMO.

Like in the Bills third series after McCoy gets five yards. The next play 2nd and 5 EJ sacked for -9 yards because there is nobody open downfield on a 7 step drop back. 3rd play pass again, punt. I know I'd have rather seen more read option with EJ using his legs, and more play action then constant shotgun all game.

The Bills weren't down 20 points before that bizarre sequence of giving the Jags three TD's, and the Bills should have run more then IMO.

Like in the Bills third series after McCoy gets five yards. The next play 2nd and 5 EJ sacked for -9 yards because there is nobody open downfield on a 7 step drop back. 3rd play pass again, punt. I know I'd have rather seen more read option with EJ using his legs, and more play action then constant shotgun all game.

You wanted them to run on 3rd and 14?

No F ing way bring back Hackett. He is the absolute worst. Just like Syracuse football. Absolute garbage. Fk him and Marrone. They stink! I'll still take Roman even though he's had some stupid play calls. Hackett is terrible and you can't be serious wanting that idiot back as OC.

You wanted them to run on 3rd and 14?

I believe his point was run on second to avoid the hole.

No F ing way bring back Hackett. He is the absolute worst. Just like Syracuse football. Absolute garbage. Fk him and Marrone. They stink! I'll still take Roman even though he's had some stupid play calls. Hackett is terrible and you can't be serious wanting that idiot back as OC.

And here I was thinking you were an avid reader, Marv. I guess not?