Rams Relocate to LA; Chargers Have 1st Option to Also Move

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty soon there will be nothing but luxury suites

Have you seen the Niners new stadium? It practically is on one side.

could you imagine the ST Raiders :lol: Send them to Wyoming

Or how about San Antonio? Aren't they cool with hosting teams temporarily?

Who moves out if we move in?

Ravens. Easy swap.

The best part of this whole thing is what's inevitably going to happen when Kroenke brings his historically bad franchise to a city that has no loyalty. You won't be able to fire a missile in that behemoth and hit a paying customer.

St Louis can essentially sell out baseball 81 times a year plus the post season but can't fill the dome for 8 games? It's not a financial problem, Stan-O. It's a "we're not paying big dollars to watch your terrible, boring team in the horrible stadium you agreed to."

The best part of this whole thing is what's inevitably going to happen when Kroenke brings his historically bad franchise to a city that has no loyalty. You won't be able to fire a missile in that behemoth and hit a paying customer.

St Louis can essentially sell out baseball 81 times a year plus the post season but can't fill the dome for 8 games? It's not a financial problem, Stan-O. It's a "we're not paying big dollars to watch your terrible, boring team in the horrible stadium you agreed to."

the entire place will sold out before they play the first game.

the entire place will sold out before they play the first game.

From 1991 - 1994 the Los Angeles Rams ranked 22nd, 25th, 25th and 28th in attendance (28 teams in the league at this time). From 81' to 90' their average ranking was 14th in the league and they were never in the top 10 in terms of attendance. They were on a slow decline from 81' on wards. Alaska Darin is right, the fan base in the 90s lost interest in the Rams, that was part of why they moved.

initial PSL's will probably be a 5 year commitment

I don't want to speak for AD, he's quite good at it himself, but he also said "paying customer" which I took to mean anyone who actually paid for their ticket and went. In la, big companies are likely to buy up a lot of the tickets. When what AD is predicting to happen happens, they won't be able to find anyone willing to pay for tickets and will either give them away for nothing or no one will use them even if they were originally bought.

I don't want to speak for AD, he's quite good at it himself, but he also said "paying customer" which I took to mean anyone who actually paid for their ticket and went. In la, big companies are likely to buy up a lot of the tickets. When what AD is predicting to happen happens, they won't be able to find anyone willing to pay for tickets and will either give them away for nothing or no one will use them even if they were originally bought.

A filled seat is a filled seat, no matter how the human got there. AD was clearly describing a near empty stadium in a city that historically couldn't sell out NFL games.

NFL football in the early-mid 90s... (and also all sports) are completely different from a ticket standpoint. That is why all those comparisons between present day and the Bills' December games in 1992 that Russ Brandon used to justify his Toronto Series were not applicable.

The LA team will be sold out for the forseeable future. Even a hint of competitive football will sustain the ticket base for a long time in this day and age of internet ticket sales and resales. Everyone can be a broker, especially in a city the size of L.A. Even without a sellout every game, there will be plenty more corporate and celebrity interests that will far offset any slowdowns at the gate (which is shared between the teams anyways). The NFL is 100x more popular now than it was when LA previously had the Rams and Raiders.

They will have a honeymoon period of a few years, and probably another bump/honeymoon period with the Inglewood Stadium. After that, if the team hasnt been good and sustained crappiness for a decade, tickets may slow down. That happens most places.

Edited by May Day 10

A filled seat is a filled seat, no matter how the human got there. AD was clearly describing a near empty stadium in a city that historically couldn't sell out NFL games.

The point is after awhile they won't even be able to give away the paid seat, which is what I said, and it's not a filled seat it's just a paid seat.

The point is after awhile they won't even be able to give away the paid seat, which is what I said, and it's not a filled seat it's just a paid seat.

Didn't the Dodgers just trade for 2 billion dollars? Thousands of empty seats ever home game. Is LA not a Dodgers town?

Comparing the NFL 25 years ago in LA or any where else really, may not be relevant.

what would be the reason for moving divisions and swapping the Bills and Ravens?

Who says the Ravens wouldn't fight it?

I know it was the ORIGINAL idea for the Bills and Ravens to be in the North and East (respectively) way back when the NFL went to 4 divisions per conference and there was a bit of shuffling, but now it's been so long why would the NFL re-visit the divisions?

Edited by TheFunPolice

Didn't the Dodgers just trade for 2 billion dollars? Thousands of empty seats ever home game. Is LA not a Dodgers town?

Comparing the NFL 25 years ago in LA or any where else really, may not be relevant.

I live here. There is seemingly very little interest from the general populace in one team let alone two. The Dodgers deal has little to do with football. That deal, like the Clippers, is all about local TV deals of which there is no such thing in NFL.