Rams Relocate to LA; Chargers Have 1st Option to Also Move

No, because he's all about the large markets at the expense of small markets. If he had his druthers, I'm sure there'd be no salary cap.

He's about the owners being able to do as they want with their teams. 29 other owners (including Pegula) feel the same way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The St Louis dome just opened in 1995 . I wonder if the Raiders could move there if the NFL waives the relocation fee.

Some remodel and back in business. The Oakland stadium is in poor condition.

• 2 weeks later...

Let this be a testament (and fine) to the stupidity and cravenness of local politicians.

Everything about the relationship between the Rams and St. Louis is rife with idiotic decisions made by the municipality. This buy back (which they will likely lose given the language they put in the lease), the fact that even if they won tis suit, they would have to blow the proceeds on the 16 million they blew on a plan to keep the Rams in STL. And of course the fiscally disastrous plan they actually came up with for a new stadium that would have ruined the city if the Rams agreed to it.

I have no sympathy for these people, whose only goal is re-election. They make terrible deals hoping It will equate to votes.

Kreonke had nothing to do with the original lease. He was essentially a renter who decided to buy in a better neighborhood.

The St Louis dome just opened in 1995 . I wonder if the Raiders could move there if the NFL waives the relocation fee.

Some remodel and back in business. The Oakland stadium is in poor condition.

Raiders want to stay in California.preferably LA....they're waiting for Chargers to decide.

Despite Hollywood being based in LA, no one said people in LA have good taste!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25533703/look-theres-an-la-billboard-trolling-st-louis-over-the-rams-leaving-town

Our latest billboard is now up! Los Angeles Ram’s stars Todd Gurley, Trumaine Johnson, Tavon Austin are all homies, so what better way to welcome the guys than a billboard in the middle of the busiest intersection in Hollywood? Over a million people will drive past this billboard and now they know how we’re feeling about the Rams big move. I can’t imagine St. Louis is going to be too happy with this one, but we love our city.

The Chargers hope a hotel tax can finance a new stadium in San Diego.

How is it that the Chargers or the city never thought of this before? It's a common practice in public stadium fundraising.

But in typical fashion, they are coupling it with......that's right, A NEW CONVENTIONE CENTER! Ignore that huge waterfront convention center a short walk from Petco (where they say the new stadium will be near)---SD cries out for another convention center!

Were I the Mayor there, my response to Spanos would be "blow me. you want a stadium, build a stadium".

For those of us who think the Bills won't move, here's a story about how quickly things can and will change.

We should be looking at a new stadium, preferably on the waterfront.

Bethlehem Steel. Put a drag strip there and race boats too!

The Bills aren't going to move. There's no chance that Terry is walking away from nearly $2B in investments in this city and its sports teams.

Regardless, I feel relatively confident that the Pegulas have a plan stadium-wise...they knew what they were getting into when they bought the team.

How is it that the Chargers or the city never thought of this before? It's a common practice in public stadium fundraising.

But in typical fashion, they are coupling it with......that's right, A NEW CONVENTIONE CENTER! Ignore that huge waterfront convention center a short walk from Petco (where they say the new stadium will be near)---SD cries out for another convention center!

Were I the Mayor there, my response to Spanos would be "blow me. you want a stadium, build a stadium".

To be fair, the Chargers are reportedly ready to commit 65% of the cost themselves--that's far more than most teams try to get away with in their stadium pursuits.

To be fair, the Chargers are reportedly ready to commit 65% of the cost themselves--that's far more than most teams try to get away with in their stadium pursuits.

Not according to that article. They are suing $350M of their own money, $200M in G4 and $100M in a "grant" from the NFL. The G4 can be paid back with revenue typically that would have had to have been shared with other teams (suite sales, etc). Also, the cost of 1.1 billion does not include the 200M for the land which the city would have to pay for.

So, even if you include the G4, they are putting up about 41% of the cost.

For those of us who think the Bills won't move, here's a story about how quickly things can and will change.

We should be looking at a new stadium, preferably on the waterfront.

Bethlehem Steel. Put a drag strip there and race boats too!

I've been to a few drag boat races. Nickin Futz! I like it, but there is no money in it. It's just a hobby for the racers and a sideshow for the fans.