ESPN Ranks the Most Banged Up Teams

ESPN has ranked the most banged up NFL teams from 1-32. The Bills are 29th... Apparently the only teams healthier than us right now are the Bengals, Jets, and Seahwaks

Aside from LeSean McCoy's lingering hamstring issue, the Bills were one of the NFL's healthiest teams through the first three games of the regular season until a cascade of injuries hit. McCoy re-injured his hamstring, Sammy Watkins hurt his calf, Karlos Williams suffered a concussion, Tyrod Taylor injured his knee and Percy Harvin aggravated his hip injury. The team took more blows in Sunday's loss to the Bengals, when right tackle Seantrel Henderson left with a concussion and defensive tackle Kyle Williams injured his knee. Coach Rex Ryan's frustration boiled over after Sunday's game when he brought up, on his own, that the Bills had been "snake-bit" and that the amount of injuries has been "unbelievable" to him. But it's important for Ryan to remember that his team has completely avoided season-ending injuries to key contributors, which is why they rank so low on this list. -- Mike Rodak

Players out for season: LB Ty Powell (knee), DE Jarius Wynn (knee)

Players injured: RB Karlos Williams (concussion), RB LeSean McCoy (hamstring), WR Sammy Watkins (calf/ankle), WR Marcus Easley (shoulder), WR Percy Harvin (hip), G John Miller (groin), QB Tyrod Taylor (ankle, knee), WR Marquise Goodwin (ribs), T Seantrel Henderson (concussion), DT Kyle Williams (knee), S Aaron Williams (neck), S Bacarri Rambo (quad)

Total starts missed: 11 -- Williams (3), McCoy (2), Watkins (2), Easley (1), Harvin (1), Miller (1), Taylor (1)

Well there ya have it. They're malingering. :doh:

Goodwin is out for the year now, so that should add another 10 to our "score" - but they might not count him automatically as a "starter". Kyle is out as well. That puts us at 31 starts missed or about the middle of the pack.

SMH about these injuries though. They've come in buckets.

It's a weird report. Anybody on IR is counted for the full season, even though we're only in week 7. That skews the report badly. If you just did it by actual games lost to this point in the season, it would make a lot more sense. Miami would come down to our level, but we'd still be in the top 6 healthiest teams, based on games lost.

I'm confused. Packers lost the following to IR (58 games out of their total 78): Nelson (16), Barrington (15), Boyd (14), Richardson (13)

Bills lose Wynn & Powell to IR & they aren't mentioned in our # of games missed - s/b 32 more games. I know, they are not stars - but Powell and Wynn would have played in every game. Rex loved Powell and Wynn spelled the DL.

List is garbage.

I'm confused. Packers lost the following to IR (58 games out of their total 78): Nelson (16), Barrington (15), Boyd (14), Richardson (13)

Bills lose Wynn & Powell to IR & they aren't mentioned in our # of games missed - s/b 32 more games. I know, they are not stars - but Powell and Wynn would have played in every game. Rex loved Powell and Wynn spelled the DL.

List is garbage.

agree - Powell and Wynn have been underrated losses

List is garbage.

A good example of somebody attempting to quantify something, but completely borking the relationship between the variables. This is what Statistics is class that never has any journalism students in it.

This is exactly why I'm tired of the injury excuse. Every other team has injuries too.

The difference is the Bills have a coach who obv. hit his head hard at some point in the preseason. Thats an injury that's hard for the rest of the team to overcome

A good example of somebody attempting to quantify something, but completely borking the relationship between the variables. This is what Statistics is class that never has any journalism students in it.

Lol I too was thinking this. Horrible analysis.

No but seriously, Mike Rodhack is completely objective in his reporting. He never bends over backwards to find a way to put a negative spin on things. Never. Nope. Totally objective. Only gets flack because he's an out-of-towner. Yep. Mike Rodhack is a great reporter.

CONTEXT: I had a heated back and forth with Sal Capaccio (the best) on Twitter after I spit some hotfire at Rodhack. Sal swooped in to stick up for the guy. I was having none of it.

Goodwin is out for the year now, so that should add another 10 to our "score" - but they might not count him automatically as a "starter"..

why would they count, at best #4, maybe #5, as a starter?

i get that hes a loss, and their method is shaky (our starting qb missing a sunday and a random role player arent the same as an example)