6-3 is right there for the taking!

Jaguars

Dolphins

Jets

That's our next 3 games! So many are freaking out, giving up, etc. But this team has been decimated by injuries, adjusting to a totally new offensive and defensive system, and has played TWO undefeated teams.

With all that, they are 3-3. I would say they weathered that early storm. Now it's time to start building something.

6-3 is right on the table for this team. Formula?

#1 beat the Jaguars. No game is a gimmie, but they are very beatable.

#2 beat the Dolphins at home. You just dominated them in their place. Now they have all their assistant coaches running the show. It probably won't be as easy but obviously you know you can beat this team, and this time you are in your own place.

#3 then it's the Jets with Ryan Fitzpatrick. That one will be tougher, but if this is a playoff team you overcome Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I think 6-3 is not only realistic, but almost should be expected. That would also mean 3 more AFC wins, which is huge for playoff seeding.

Then it's a showdown between the (undoubtedly) undefeated Patriots* and the suddenly surging 6-3 Bills on MNF!

Buckle up, because it's about to get fun!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for sure. Two very different QBs but I think this game will be a lot like the TItans game. Close.

Agree, I think it is going to be like a 13-10 game. I see the jags making a critical mistake late in the game to cost them another win. Hopefully after this with the bye week we will get rested. I think to position themselves in the driver seat for the wild card we really need all three of these games. Lets go into December controlling our own destiny for once & not hoping that 25 different things happen to allow us to sneak into that 6th wildcard spot.

Agree, I think it is going to be like a 13-10 game. I see the jags making a critical mistake late in the game to cost them another win. Hopefully after this with the bye week we will get rested. I think to position themselves in the driver seat for the wild card we really need all three of these games. Lets go into December controlling our own destiny for once & not hoping that 25 different things happen to allow us to sneak into that 6th wildcard spot.

all 3 would be fantastic but I'm trying to stay realistic. I think the Bills will split with the Jets and not sure the one they win is at their place, but you never know. TNF road games are brutal for any team.

Regarding the Jags... Bortles is a lot like Geno Smith. Nice deep ball, good size and talent, but holds the ball too long and makes poor decisions and back breaking INTs.

Edited by YoloinOhio

for sure. Two very different QBs but I think this game will be a lot like the TItans game. Close.

Could be, and you're probably right, but I hope not. The traumatized fan base here clearly needs a blow-out victory to start feeling good about themselves again. The Bills will need to get to 6-3 before most of them will begin feeling good about The Bills again.

Go Bills!

Could be, and you're probably right, but I hope not. The traumatized fan base here clearly needs a blow-out victory to start feeling good about themselves again. The Bills will need to get to 6-3 before most of them will begin feeling good about The Bills again.

Go Bills!

Our expected receivers are Woods, Hogan, and Moore, right? Maybe we run more 2 WR sets with Clay, Felton, and Shady on the field...

If Rex doesn't swallow his pride and get away from his stupid defensive scheme, the Dolphins and the Jets will absolutely destroy us.

We got lucky beating Tennessee. I think the Jacksonville game is far from a lock for the Bills. They're just not a very good team right now.

If Rex doesn't swallow his pride and get away from his stupid defensive scheme, the Dolphins and the Jets will absolutely destroy us.

We got lucky beating Tennessee. I think the Jacksonville game is far from a lock for the Bills. They're just not a very good team right now.

Exactly. I'll take 2 out of the next 3, remain in competition, hope to get healthier and better down the stretch.

No one's giving up. People are just being realistic. Preseason logic dictated, based on how we looked on paper, that we'd be potential SB contenders. One game at a time, please.

potential SB contenders on paper? I didn't see that at all with the QB situation. Did you?

Go Bills!

not this fan. 1 point victories are thrilling to me!

The beauty of the NFL and what most of these WGR analytical types miss is the predictive power of statistics. Which is to say, unlike the stock market, past performance does predict future results. If any of us with the ability had to time to sit down and put together a model, it would certainly not predict, I'd bet with high statistical significance, the Bills make it to 6-3. This isn't about last year's team or its record but purely on the past 6 games. No one in their right mind would lay down money on a 3-0 run for this injury riddled team with a defense that can't find itself and average QB play on its best day. In reality, right now, I'd say 1-2 and 0-3 isn't outside the realm of reality. The Jets in my mind is a guaranteed loss. The Dolphins under a new coach seem to putting it together after they destroyed a team we barely beat (part of the predictive model would be outcomes against teams in common). And the Jags aren't a guarantee. Actually, this one is the most problematic. Injuries hurt them, big time. I don't care how bad anyone things the Jags are, this is the NFL. Are the Bills so much better than the Jags even without Kyle Williams, Aaron Williams, Sammy Watkins, and Percy Harvin that we should just expect a win? That's insane.

Optimism and fandom are often driven by emotion and irrational thinking. I'm a fan and season-ticket holder but I'm not a Kool Aid drinker, I see a team for what is IS, not what I want it TO BE.

One game at a time. One game at a time.

Exactly. The Bills are not playing well enough for me to take any win for granted. They are just as likely to be 3-6 after these games.

Not to mention the scary stat about Rex coached teams after a win. Following a victory, teams coached by Rex have a 2-17 record. Rex coached teams don't generally win a lot of games in a row. Past performance is no guarantee of failure, but it is a scary trend.

I'm going to stay calm and take it week to week. The Bills are still battling a bunch of injuries to important players. This is as big a factor as anything else, in my opinion.