Wild Card Race - Why is TBD giving up?

Wazzu Bill

So, we lost yesterday. It didn't look great. But let's look at the big picture here: we are 3rd in the WC race behind the Jets and Steelers. The Steelers are a lock for wild card IMO, they have been finding ways to win even without Ben.

Jets are 4-1 against opponents who are collectively 11-17 (not a single opponent has a winning record).

Bills are 3-3 against opponents who are collectively 20-12 (includes TWO undefeated teams).

We just knocked out the toughest part of our schedule and we are still at .500 - the Jets have been playing NFL teams that resemble the power puff girls.

Yes, there are some major question marks.

No, the season isn't over. Not even close.

Edited by Wazzu Bill

So, we lost yesterday. It didn't look great. But let's look at the big picture here: we are 3rd in the WC race behind the Jets and Steelers. The Steelers are a lock for wild card IMO, they have been finding ways to win even without Ben.

Jets are 4-1 against opponents who are collectively 11-17

Bills are 3-3 against opponents who are collectively 20-12

We just knocked out the toughest part of our schedule and we are still at .500 - the Jets have been playing NFL teams that resemble the power puff girls.

There's lies, damn lies, and statistics. Right now the Bills and Jets aren't even on the same planet. Look at games against common opponents, that's your best barometer. We both pounded the colts, and we did a little better against the dolphins. We'll see next week when they play the pats.

You are right that it is far from over but it is hard to be optimistic when the bills do the same thing over and over again. Can't move the chains for over a quarter and commit stupid penalties game after game

There are some major question marks no doubt. But with so many new players and coaches, you gotta believe that we need a few games before we can gel as smoothly as the Patriots offense.

There's lies, damn lies, and statistics. Right now the Bills and Jets aren't even on the same planet. Look at games against common opponents, that's your best barometer. We both pounded the colts, and we did a little better against the dolphins. We'll see next week when they play the pats.

Never thought I would be rooting for the Pats this season... :cry:

I'm more worried long term that Rex will continue using our defense in unproductive ways.

You don't think teams were trying to get the ball out fast the previous 2 years as we piled up 111 sacks?

Watch next week, the DL will be Gilmore, Roby and maybe the punter, while incognito will play CB with EJ Manual at safety. you guys don't get it, rex is a wizard

Yeap, agreed, we really only have a shot at the last playoff spot but I think it is very attainable. Jets's schedule has been soft and it will get tougher, Chargers just don't look that good this year, Chiefs lost all hope when Charles went down, Texans are just bad.

The thing that upsets me is they aren't playing smarter, and if they haven't changed it yet, why would I expect it to improve later?

I think they will make some changes to get the Dline more effective, but the penaties, and poor coaching decisions just seem inherent problems.

Edited by HoF Watkins

There are some major question marks no doubt. But with so many new players and coaches, you gotta believe that we need a few games before we can gel as smoothly as the Patriots offense.

Never thought I would be rooting for the Pats this season... :cry:

No kidding. Go Tommy Go! Pitch a shutout against the AFC East again. And don't let that meanie Roger Goodell suspend you. You belong on the field, dominating those Jets and Phins!

Like you even need to watch that Jets/Pats game to know what is going to happen.

Jets are 4-1 against opponents who are collectively 11-17 (not a single opponent has a winning record).

Bills are 3-3 against opponents who are collectively 20-12 (includes TWO undefeated teams).

Shhhhhh don't tell anyone that, they prefer wallowing in misery and proving why their negative outlook is always the correct outlook about everything Bills, win or lose. Edited by Alphadawg7

I think the doom and gloom comes from seeing what we would do if we made it into the wildcard game. Against playoff caliber teams we have looked way over matched.

I think it comes from a team that used to have a defense that would terrify opposing QB's, and lead the league in sacks. To suddenly become this pseudo coverage defense that can't even get a pressure on the QB.

The awakening should have been in week two when Tom Brady set a franchise record for the most passing yards by a QB against a Bills team in the 55 year history of the franchise!

If that were all there was then fans would somehow get over it. But that's not it....

The Bills lead the league in penalties!

They have a big mouth head coach who enjoys giving other team bulletin board material by talking smack about how the Bills will be a bully to each team they play. Other NFL fans are laughing. "we are going to build a bully" The fans and players bought into that junk and now are paying the price.

Then there are the injuries to just about every star player on offense with 7 of 11 starters questionable.

Its like the gods of football doesn't like big mouths or bullies!

Edited by Nihilarian