Would We Be Better Off If We'd Just Kept Fitzy

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hate to be the Jets now. Missed the playoffs and are right where we were at in 2012. They have hitched their wagons to Fitz and have to pay/play him, which is not the answer long-term. This was as good as it'll get for him and it still wasn't enough. I wouldn't be surprised to see Geno back in the mix in camp. I for one am happy to have a QB that might have more room to grow.

He did it is such a classic Fitz-ian manner. It was a thing of beauty....story book fashion Fitzyness!

These are the kinds of games that keep me interested in the Bills through these lean seasons.

He's back in the stadium of the team that he made his name as a starter with....The team that got rid of him in embarrassing fashion.... Last game of the year...Playoffs on the line....Glorious.

Edited by HoF Watkins

He truly outdid himself, usually it's just a single crushing pick at the end...not on three consecutive possessions!

It was just driven home, repeatedly, that Fitz's shortcoming was the reason they were gonna lose. Can there be any doubt NOW?

Can he keep his job in NY? I mean, how can you sell him to the players and fans, as the QB next season?

Edited by HoF Watkins

Yep. Rag arm ain't gonna get it done. Ever.

He doesn't have much of an arm. No one is ever going to argue the contrary. However, the thing that has always puzzled me about Fitz is his awful decision making. It seems like whenever the pressure is on his decision making becomes suspect. I just enjoy the irony given the fact that he's a Harvard guy. He could overcome his physical limits and at least lead a team to the playoffs if he played smarter in crunch time. It's as if he doesn't recognize his own physical limitations. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

This is a guy whose destiny was to be a great backup QB. But he keeps getting into starting QB situations, and he's not good enough for that role. Fitz is a great guy, a great teammate. Did you see the hug Fitz and Eric Wood gave each other? His teammates on the Bills wished him well, completely, except when playing the Bills, which is as good as it gets.

So he's a very rich man thanks to the Bills, but will probably never get to the SB. Possibly never get to the playoffs. His kids will take that trade -- the money over the playoffs -- but I'll bet he'd give up a few million (boy that sounds stupid when you see it typed) to be in a better situation as backup, behind someone like Brady or Carson Palmer. Someone who can be relied on to be ready to step in if the starter is injured, and keep the boat afloat. With Fitz as TT's backup, we beat Jacksonville, no question. Possibly even Cincinnati.

Being as frank as possible, the Jets won 10 games thanks to that great defense, a very good O line, Chris Ivory (one of my favorite RBs), Brandon Marshall, and Chan Gailey doing a great job in his proper job. Fitz could be Fitz and usually the defense would bail him out.

Just wondering -- if the Jets do the math like the Bills did, and figure Fitz is never going to win them a championship. They draft a QB high and figure that rookie can love life with that D, that O line, those receivers, etc. and look to the future. So they cut Fitz loose. I wonder if he still has his house in Hamburg...