Would We Be Better Off If We'd Just Kept Fitzy

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well AJ McCarron and Brandon Weedon are looking like AFC Playoff QBs this season. Whoopty Doo!

Yes, it is kind of a big Whoopdie Doo! He just beat the Pats. And when I say "he just beat" I really mean it -- he engineered the drives that drove the spike into the heart of the evil empire. We'd be dancing our own Whoopdie Doos if Tyrod (or I forget, am I responding to the Last of the EJ Fanclub?) did something like that.

Yes, it is kind of a big Whoopdie Doo! He just beat the Pats. And when I say "he just beat" I really mean it -- he engineered the drives that drove the spike into the heart of the evil empire. We'd be dancing our own Whoopdie Doos if Tyrod (or I forget, am I responding to the Last of the EJ Fanclub?) did something like that.

I'll give them credit for a good win today. No doubt!

Bills fans just can't seem to get the hate out of their systems for the players on the failed teams they played for in Buffalo.

Fitz still might not be 10-5 good in Buffalo simply because of the failure to build a decent offensive line to protect him. The Bills have a running QB that finds ways to escape the rush by runningOr build a decent receiver corps to have him throw to. My thoughts go back to the days after drafting Sammy Watkins and the FO saying they still need to find that "big" red zone WR target. :doh:

A great deal of Ironies in the facts that the jets were 4-12 under Ryan last year and are now 10-5 with a new HC. Chan Gailey as the Jets OC and noodle arm Fitz as the QB.

Bills fans just can't seem to get the hate out of their systems for the players on the failed teams they played for in Buffalo.

Fitz still might not be 10-5 good in Buffalo simply because of the failure to build a decent offensive line to protect him. The Bills have a running QB that finds ways to escape the rush by runningOr build a decent receiver corps to have him throw to. My thoughts go back to the days after drafting Sammy Watkins and the FO saying they still need to find that "big" red zone WR target. :doh:

A great deal of Ironies in the facts that the jets were 4-12 under Ryan last year and are now 10-5 with a new HC. Chan Gailey as the Jets OC and noodle arm Fitz as the QB.

I just think the Rex thing is way more complicated

In Rex final 2 years he could not get the help from his GM that was needed.....the whole thing was a tire fire (for instance it is pretty much known Rex asked for corner help to make his D work....he didnt get it)

Exit Rex....in come new mgt......and coach.....AND NEW GROCERIES TO WORK WITH

Now...everyone is upset with Rex here right not to...me included...but ALL aspects need to be looked at not just try to make a simple view of it.

The HC/GM situation with the jets was TOXIC

I just think the Rex thing is way more complicated

In Rex final 2 years he could not get the help from his GM that was needed.....the whole thing was a tire fire (for instance it is pretty much known Rex asked for corner help to make his D work....he didnt get it)

Exit Rex....in come new mgt......and coach.....AND NEW GROCERIES TO WORK WITH

Now...everyone is upset with Rex here right not to...me included...but ALL aspects need to be looked at not just try to make a simple view of it.

The HC/GM situation with the jets was TOXIC

Good explanation.

Serious question: in 2011, Ryan Fitzpatrick signed his 6 year/$59 million contract extension which would take him through the 2016 season as the Bills starter. Since then, we've been through Fitz, EJ, Kyle Orton, Tyrod Taylor ... and maybe EJ again for a while. What if we'd just let that contract play out? Would we be better or worse off right now? I'm going to have to say better off, since a whole cascade of other events likely wouldn't have happened: drafting EJ, making the Sammy Watkins trade, bringing in Rex Ryan, getting stuck for several years with guaranteed Fitzy dead money that could have been applied to other needs.

Easy to dismiss the question with an eye roll emoji, but seriously: what's the argument for exactly how we're better off now -- and maybe more importantly, in 2017 and on -- than we would have been if we'd just let that contract play out? Remember, Fitzy and the Texans beat us last year, and Fitzy's Jets are 4-1 this year. No, he hasn't gone to the playoffs, but unless I missed it, neither have the Bills ...

no monday morning QB please. leave the past in the past

Fitz found the right place with the right mix of offensive scheme and players for his talents. We had neither.

Now, if your question was "would we be better off with Todd Bowles", my answer would be yes, absolutely.

Edited by Bronc24

Actually, they are on the road to Buffalo where one win will put them in a destination we haven't seen since 1999 ...

This is true, and I will give the jets and Fitzpatrick credit for that.

Does this mean that the Bills would have been better off with Fitzpatrick? No.

Super bowl bound?

No. They may win a game in the playoffs but that would be it, IMO.

Still they just beat arguably the best team in the AFC today and have won most of their games on a weak schedule. They are a solid football team and Fitz is also playing great football and will most likely go 11-5. How is that not a good team?

I get it, it sucks to admit this considering they are sticking it to us in a way, but you are clearly wrong.

What am I wrong about? They have indeed benefited greatly from a weak schedule and lost to the Eagles, Texans, Raiders, and Bills among their 5 losses. They're not a good IMO. I remember when the Chicago Bears went 13-3 under Dick Jauron and promptly got exposed as a fraud in the playoffs. Regular season record doesn't tell you all about a team.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz