Would We Be Better Off If We'd Just Kept Fitzy

Yes. Actually, I'd rather have them both, which isn't really a stretch since TT isn't making starter money, and it's not like the whole NFL was clamoring for his services. The Bills are built to win now. Actually, last year and this year are their peak years in the competitive cycle. Maybe next year too if we're lucky. We saw what marginally competent veteran quarterbacking (Orton) with the rest of this team's personnel did last year. Fitzy would be about the same.

What the hell? Is that a "yes" I'd rather have Fitz over Tyrod? You can't say "I'll take both".

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell? Is that a "yes" I'd rather have Fitz over Tyrod? You can't say "I'll take both".

Why not? Jets have Geno (their EJ, right?) and Fitz. Every year teams bring in Tyrod types as backups. He doesn't have a salary that would make that at all prohibitive. In fact, if I remember correctly Cassel's salary was larger.

Ok, so all of the "I always wanted to keep Fitz" fans are coming out of the woodwork. Put it on the record now: Would you rather have Fitz over Tyrod Taylor as our starting QB? (Not Fitz for EJ because EJ is backup). Go

I don't think that's a question that should be answered yet. TT has started 5 regular season games. Played very well in 2, well during garbage time in 2, and made crucial plays to save us when needed against the Titans. I want to be able to see what he does when more of his game film is out there, and teams can game plan better for him. Up to this point he's been an unknown to opponents. A lot of guys have short term success. I want to see it sustained once he returns. Then I'd be willing to say TT all the way.

Yes. Actually, I'd rather have them both, which isn't really a stretch since TT isn't making starter money, and it's not like the whole NFL was clamoring for his services. The Bills are built to win now. Actually, last year and this year are their peak years in the competitive cycle. Maybe next year too if we're lucky. We saw what marginally competent veteran quarterbacking (Orton) with the rest of this team's personnel did last year. Fitzy would be about the same.

except that Orton was a total puss

Andy Dalton

Colin Kaepernick

Zach Mettenberger

Nick Foles

Ryan Tannehill

Alex Smith

Teddy Bridgewater

Derek Carr

Kirk Cousins

Russell Wilson

Carson Palmer

All those guys could have been dealt for or drafted by the Bills. Its really weird to think of this as a binary decision between Fitz and the Bills other Qbs.

Unless TT continues to impress and manages to stay healthy (both of which are big ifs) it appears we would have been better off just keeping Fitz. What does that say about or GM?

I guess I am going to put it in to a post now because I want it on the record. TT will not sustain his success. He will have success this year but it will be much like a Tommy Maddox episode or any number of a good for year or two QB's.

If I was the GM I would have kept Fitz and let him come in at times necessary. I do not know if I would have brought in Taylor or not, I would have looked over who was available and he was among the better or best out there. I would have extended Searcy if possible and kept Spikes. Spikes likely would never have got in trouble; I'd have looked to brought in Wiliams and never picked up McCoy. He's just not worth what we paid, regardless of losing Alonso. I would have done some sort of 3 way trade if I could have, send McCoy to ?, Alonso to Phili and an OL to us. A quality starter at RT, young under 5 years experience is insurance against Glenn.

Of course, looking ahead to what I would do. I would keep Woods, and extend him an offer before December. Hughes was worth keeping; but I would be up to trade him this offseason to bring down the cap hit. Browns value has fallen dramatically - he may want to get out of here to where he can succeed and he can't do that with Rex no matter how player friendly Rex is - this will be an issue. Will Whaley want to keep our solid D and go in spite of Rex's desire for his type of LB? We have a lot of answers but I cannot think of anyone on this team I would not resign. And, I would be all in on getting a new OC(center).

Edited by Boyst62

This is how low it has sunk. Fans are actually yearning for the Fitzpatrick years.

That's nothing. A couple more like today and I'll be starting a thread titled, "So What Was So Bad About Trent Edwards Anyway?" Or maybe "Bring Back Kelly (Holcomb, That Is)". And I actually do think Tyler Thigpen got a raw deal. OK, I'll stop now.

• 2 months later...