We need Jim Schwartz back.

MClem06

Well...Not gonna happen... :cry:

It is interesting how this has turned out...At least so far...Rex would have had to turn over his baby...the Defense...to Schwartz...And he would have had to leave his DC buddy behind...Honestly...As much as I wanted them to keep the status quo on Defense I knew there was no way Rex would do it...And I believed Rex...I though he could take these guys and make them even better...But I realize now I should have listened to my gut...There was absolutely no reason to blow that Defense up scheme-wise...Zero reason...But the minute Rex was hired it was inevitable...And so far it has backfired big time... B-)

Let us hope Rex sees the error of his way. I am still glass half full. But that is because i stopped drinking. for now.

Yes. If you paid several billion for a team, and hired Rex, and then he proceeded to destroy your defense, and the defensive players are complaining, yes, it is within the realm of possibility. Would you have thought Rex being our HC a year ago was within the realm of possibility?

who would be the new GM? Who would have drafted Darby, Preston Brown, brought in Incognito, Tyrod, Harvin, McCoy, etc. Whaley has done a great job. The hiring of HC's has been a disaster, and really not something Whaley has been involved with.

I would not call the situation a disaster. thats a bit much. But many folks are doing just that

Raise your hands if you built a Bomb shelter during the Reagan era !

Is Tyrod that bad of a QB? What 5 QB's in the AFC are playing remarkably better before the injury?

Brady, Dalton, Rivers?

I still have faith in Rex. His defenses were never the issue in NY. I would have fallen over at the start of the season if you told me the D would be our issue right now.

Is Tyrod that bad of a QB? What 5 QB's in the AFC are playing remarkably better before the injury?

Brady, Dalton, Rivers?

I still have faith in Rex. His defenses were never the issue in NY. I would have fallen over at the start of the season if you told me the D would be our issue right now.

NY Jets 4-3 Hmmmmmmm This defence is a pale shawdow of what it was last year. Didn't we shut down some pretty good QB's ? I don't like what They have done to this team it sucks we have such good players (mostly)

Edited by Billsfan369

The problem with Rex is it seems that he is stubborn and wants to fit his players into his system instead of fitting his system to his players. That wouldn't be an issue if the y didn't have the talent, but when you have the talent already you fit your scheme to what you have.

As for Schwartz, do people not remember him coaching g the Lions? Yes his defence was good here last year but he is not going to come back (he had the chance already to stay) unless he gets a larger role which is more then he should get.

I kind of miss this guy...

Wade Phillips ‏@sonofbum 21m21 minutes ago

Had some brownies yesterday. They were tough but satisfying in the end.

lol

This is Wade Phillips, does anyone question if Wade was really taking a shot at the Browns or did he tweet about actually eating some brownies?

Schwartz will never come back. We spurned him on head coach, he doesn't want to be someone else's dc again. Sooooo lets talk about something else? Like how statistically the d isn't that bad? Or how by the end of the year they'll probably be top 10?

Maybe we talk about the offense being as bad as last year... And that being what held the team back then, and will continue to hold them back...

I don't think the Bills necessarily need Schwartz back, Rex needs to suck up his pride and look at what's worked in the past. Dont good coaches (e.g. the morally corrupt coach that shall not be named) scheme to the talent they have and not force a scheme.

Same could be said for the offense, let TT play the way he feels comfortable and not force him to stay in the pocket. He needs to much time and the OL can't give it to him. Rather have him move from the pressure and throw or tuck and run if he needs to and good things will happen.

The problem with Rex is it seems that he is stubborn and wants to fit his players into his system instead of fitting his system to his players. That wouldn't be an issue if the y didn't have the talent, but when you have the talent already you fit your scheme to what you have.

This! :thumbsup:

All we fans can do is hope that after the bye week the Bills coaching staff makes some adjustments to the defense, and special teams. The players get healthy, and start playing smarter.

if things don't change with the current coaching staff then the owner needs to hire someone smarter then himself to hire the next head coach.

Schwartz would have suffered even worse... If 5+ can't get to the QB then 4 wouldn't either this year. Offense has a great advantage anymore.

Because something about the offensive rules changed from last year?

The Eagles ran a wide-9 with press man and dominated Eli Manning tonight.........4 sacks, a ton of hits and forced bad throws, a couple picks....one for six......held Giants to 7 points........and we did what against Eli???

You've been duped by some seriously BS talking-head excuse makers in recent weeks.

The Eagles ran a wide-9 with press man and dominated Eli Manning tonight.........4 sacks, a ton of hits and forced bad throws, a couple picks....one for six......held Giants to 7 points........and we did what against Eli???.

We ran fake blitzes all day and allowed him to pick his mismatches as our non blitzers tried to work out who their coverage assignment was. Rex has admitted that the Jennings TD he wasn't Bradham's assignment. Bradham sprinted over there at the last second because someone else had lost their guy.

Stop the unnecccessary confusion and let's play some defense.

No matter how bad it is this year, the Pegulas owe Rex for a five year contract. Firing him won't happen. I'd love Schwartz back, but Rex would have to admit his failure and he won't do it. He is smart enough to know how to install the wide 9 4-3 defense so why not just change over the bye and surprise the Dolphins.

As a where are they now moment, Schwartz took a consulting position with the NFL's officiating department to provide a coaches perspective on officiating decisions.On October 6th it was reported Schwartz declined the opportunity to replace Miami Dolphins defensive coordinator Kevin Coyle. Is anyone else thinking he should be head coach of this team today? At 3-3 (barely) we are still alive but these players are truly uninspired and lacking discipline. We know we have talent on D but even Mario says the coaches aren't putting them in the position to do damage. Bring Back the Schwartz. Make him an offer he can't refuse.

I can't remember why he still isn't here but we sure could use that scheme back.

If nothing else he should have been a HUGE consideration as the Bills HC especially given what he did with the D !

And when Rex was hired TP & DW should have told Rex we want Schwartz as our D coordinator given again what he did with them prior to his hire.

The reason being that since Pettine left & Thurmon was put in his place as DC Ryans D hasn't been nearly as potent ! And if you look at what DT did last year with that group & their change with the new coaching staff then to see our Bills D go from what they were to what they are Thurmon needs to go as a D coordinator !!

What would have been better...

A Hue Jackson/Schwartz tandem?

Or a Roman/Rex tandem?

Right now, it's hard to feel good about the latter.

At the time I wanted an offensive head coach and to obviously keep Schwartz but there was no way I was going to be able to get on board with Hue Jackson.

Considering the mess the defense is right now Hue and Schwartz would hv been the better way to go but that prob would hv meant no Tyrod since that was all Rex so hv to wonder who would hv played QB.

Thought Rex offered to retain Schwartz and JS declined. Seemed like Rex had the right idea but you can't make the guy take the job. Anyway, JS isn't coming back.

Not quite true I don't think. The Bills clearly wanted Schwartz retained... there was the source the day after Rex's hire saying "Jim is still with the organization" but I think all Rex offered was a demotion - he was always bringing Thurman with him. Why would Schwartz stay in those circumstances?

I get the feeling Rex is a bit in awe of Thurman given his playing career.

You don't have to bring back Schwartz and as stated he would ahve never stayed due to the above post. Rex has been coaching for over 20 years, and has broken every type of team in the league. He is smart enough to know how to employ the tenets of the wide 9 4-3 defense.

There is no secrets that only Schwartz can answer. So I think you'll see more rush this week from the front four, and I believe over the bye will work towards modifying their defense.