Who is Pissed

billsfan_34

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe some people would be happy if another owner bought the Bills and they were LA bound.

The sun would still rise tomorrow. Im done with the "yay our team stayed" attitude. We deserve a team that wins. You have to be good at 16 years of no playoffs---I say 16 because it will be Edited by billsfan_34

Maybe some people would be happy if another owner bought the Bills and they were LA bound.

It does seem that way at times here. I for one think the glass is half full and they will get it turned around.

2007 Bills. So many injuries after the first three games, that the Bills had to sign a WR they cut in the preseason and convert him to safety (George Wilson.)

This season's right up there, though.

Those Bills teams in the Marv and Brandon GM years were so thin in terms of talent that a few injuries seemed to undo the roster pretty quickly. IIRC, that was the year after Clements, Fletcher and Spikes were allowed to hit UFA and McGahee traded.

It was bad that year, but they set themselves up for it when talent wasn't adequately replaced.

Edited by BillsVet

We have enough talent on defense its the scheme which equals coaching. The same garbage that went on in NY is now on our doorstep. We absolutely have the wrong coach. Theres a good chance we lose to JAX the way were playing. We stunk against the Titans think about it?

the problem is that we weren't remotely competitive against any of our quality components. And we struggled to get by a terrible titans team.

Why is anyone pissed off about THIS game? The only reason for that is the team not living up to the unrealistic expectations of some of the fans. The EJ Manuel quarterbacked Bills lost to a very good (and undefeated) Bengals team. Shocker. I'm disappointed that the Bills lost, but I'm not the least bit surprised. The game went pretty much how I expected it to go. The only thing that really surprised me was that the Bills didn't get more pressure on Dalton. I didn't expect the defense to shut down the Bengals and I didn't expect the offense to light it up with EJ at QB. I hoped for better, but that doesn't work out that well all that often. (Notable exception: Last year's Buckeyes.)

I'm sick of the injury excuse, too. Take a look around the league at injuries and most teams have a bunch. Elite teams overcome good players missing time due to injury or suspension. Pittsburgh has won without Roethlisburger. Green Bay is without two starting WRs. The Giants beat the Bills down a bunch of WRs and TEs. The Bills were without a lot of players too, but we only hear about that because we lost. That's the way it works.

You are missing out on the broader context: HOW they are losing & underperforming: 1) tons of penalties & overall undisciplined play; 2) terrible ST play which points to poor coaching; 3) a defensive scheme not suited to the strengths of the personnel and now you hear players dissatisfied with it; 4) zero pass rush and near absent sacks; 5) disturbing inability to get off the field on 3rd down as critical parts of games.

If you are sick of the injury excuse, it starts with our head coach. He couldn't stop himself from alluding to injuries multiple times during his presser. If he had any stones he'd fire Crossman right now....."we can't run a ST play w/out a penalty being called". Not a ringing endorsement.

red herring

2007 Bills. So many injuries after the first three games, that the Bills had to sign a WR they cut in the preseason and convert him to safety (George Wilson.)

This season's right up there, though.

DC - thanks for this. Was trying to remember whether it was '07, '08 or '09 (I try not to google things first to keep my brain in some semblance of shape....)

Been faithfully following the team since the 1968 season. Amazingly, this is the historically worst stretch of seasons for an historically bad pro football operation. Sadly, what is happening is to be expected. Great preseason hopes dashed by the reality that they aren't anywhere near as good as those hopes.

I have grown to not have expectations, but rather have learned to enjoy whatever good stuff happens and detach from the rest. But as long as people continue to be born, there will be new hopeful fans coming along. And like watching Lucy pull the ball away from Charlie Brown, it's both sad and funny to see the same thing repeat itself year after year.

Sums up how I go about things as well.

Why is anyone pissed off about THIS game?

The reason this game pissed me off so much was this line 34,0,0,0.

Points allowed, Sacks, Fumbles recovered, Interceptions.

That stat line from what was last year one of the best Ds in the league, a D that is healthier than most and was a consensus top 10 D this year. At home. That is what pissed me off. As you said, I tempered my expectations for the offense due to injuries so I knew we would need the defense to step it up. I have to think the defense knew they had to step it up as well. And they laid a legitimate doughnut out there. A big fat pile of stinking doughnut.

the problem is that we weren't remotely competitive against any of our quality components. And we struggled to get by a terrible titans team.

This place is imploding. We got blown out by two undefeated teams. Yes we struggled against the Giants, but that was by no means "a blowout". The Giants and Titans games our defense stepped up, and our offense faltered, likely because 50% of it was injured (I know, I know, no one wants to hear the injury excuse, but deal with it, it's reality). We have to get our offense back healthy, and make some major adjustments on defense, but you guys go ahead and renounce your fandom. Whatever that means. I assume it means turning into the people who make sarcastic remarks regarding anything related to the Bills? :rolleyes:

Every Bills fan should be upset. All preseason hype for what? Watkins consistently hurt. Poor offensive OLine and play calls. And our defensive scheme change back to a 3-4 isn't as effective as our 4-3 last year. Even Mario Williams said he blamed the loss on the scheme. Hopefully Rex takes initiative and makes some changes

You are missing out on the broader context: HOW they are losing & underperforming: 1) tons of penalties & overall undisciplined play; 2) terrible ST play which points to poor coaching; 3) a defensive scheme not suited to the strengths of the personnel and now you hear players dissatisfied with it; 4) zero pass rush and near absent sacks; 5) disturbing inability to get off the field on 3rd down as critical parts of games.

If you are sick of the injury excuse, it starts with our head coach. He couldn't stop himself from alluding to injuries multiple times during his presser. If he had any stones he'd fire Crossman right now....."we can't run a ST play w/out a penalty being called". Not a ringing endorsement.

red herring

Not a red herring when some are boohooing about "why am I a Bills' fan?" and woe is us for being cursed and stuck with our fandom. :cry: The team has to revisit its defensive philosophy to go where they ultimately want to be. But they are 3-3 with 10 games to go, so all of this existential belly aching is a little melodramatic IMO.