Who is Pissed

billsfan_34

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The strength of this team was supposed to be the defense and the head coach set expectations sky-high shooting his mouth off through the off season and beyond. They've got over $250 million investing in a defensive line that can't get any pressure or sacks on the QB because the Head Coach is a prisioner of his scheme and refuses to adapt to the talent available. Smart coaches don't do this.

And now the players are publicly ripping the play calling on defense. Three pro bowlers, plus another that should have made it last year, used to free up blitzing linebackers and safeties for pressure on the QB? The observable problem is the linebackers and safeties aren't getting to the QB. Anybody watching the game can see that. So do what works not what you want to do.

And anytime this defense plays a top 10 QB/offense they roll over dead and get undressed. Ryan is playing this like a guy who gets a Ferrari for free and puts a trailer hitch on the back to tow a boat. It just isn't a good idea and don't like right. This looks as simple as a case of if it ain't broke then don't fix it. My guess is he's either to stubborn or arrogant to accept the facts and adapt his system to the strengths of the players. He'll keep trying the square peg, round hole approach all the way to game 16. Look at the schedule and tell me which 'quality' opponent this team is going to beat playing like this? I won't even get to much into the penalty problems. But for God's sake, enough!

If shady plays next week like he did today, we will beat the Jags and go into the bye week 4-3, with our three losses to teams with a combined record of 15-2, two of them undefeated. Thats not grounds for freaking out or declaring this a lost season.

Doesn't mean Rex is the wrong guy either. We aren't stopping the run right now even when we know its coming. Not the coaches fault.

I cant ever remember any NFL squad being as banged up as we are right now. When Goodwin went down we only had 2 legit receivers left on the team.

We need this next win and the bye week to start getting guys healthy, then we'll start winning again.

Not the coaches fault that we can't stop the run? Whose fault is it then? Rex Ryan has taken a great defense and destroyed it. He has them in the wrong alignments most of the time and it is costing us dearly. Schwartz had the same personnel and under him they dominated. Players have already lost confidence in Ryan's scheme and it is only going to get worse. 4-3 at the break if we manage to win next week is not good enough. I looked at the schedule and considered the way this team has played thus far. The best I can see us finishing is 8-8 and it looks more likely to be 7-9.

Not a red herring when some are boohooing about "why am I a Bills' fan?" and woe is us for being cursed and stuck with our fandom. :cry: The team has to revisit its defensive philosophy to go where they ultimately want to be. But they are 3-3 with 10 games to go, so all of this existential belly aching is a little melodramatic IMO.

I havent seen anyone questioning their alliance. I see more of "groundhog day" view. They have not been able to take the next step. If people continually defend the notion that its ok to lose to good teams then we may as all pack it in. Most of us want to beat the good teams and get out of this mediocracy quadrum thats plagued the team for years.

Not the coaches fault that we can't stop the run? Whose fault is it then? Rex Ryan has taken a great defense and destroyed it. He has them in the wrong alignments most of the time and it is costing us dearly. Schwartz had the same personnel and under him they dominated. Players have already lost confidence in Ryan's scheme and it is only going to get worse. 4-3 at the break if we manage to win next week is not good enough. I looked at the schedule and considered the way this team has played thus far. The best I can see us finishing is 8-8 and it looks more likely to be 7-9.

Heres two ---Mario Williams dropped in pass coverage 3 times yesterday and 2 weeks ago Kyle Williams did. Neither worked and its a ridiculous idea. Yeah Rex, thats smacking them in the mouth. He is like the little man in the big truck. Im sick of this tool and again im going on record as saying I hated the hire because I knew what he is all about. We all watched the debacle in NY. In his presser yesterday he looked like a beat little baby. My how his tone has changed since he has gotten here. What he should of said is we stunk all the way around and it is all on me and were going to make some changes that put our players in a position to succeed. I would start today by **** canning Crossman and releasing Goodwin. Then I would move to telling my leaders to hold a players meeting while the coaches figure out a new scheme.

At this point...

I dont think anyone would be happy---but you know thats a loaded statement. All im saying is it is time for this team to take the next step and they cant/wont and its maddening. People that spend loads of money year after year have a right to voice their displeasure. Im not giving them a pass because they stuck around.

Edited by billsfan_34

Who is furious and has had enough? I dont even want to get into all the X's and O's of what went wrong we all know. When do the fans, especially us die hard ones, say enough is enough? At one point the Bills were on defense and getting gashed and I looked at my friend and said im not screaming anymore its not worth it. Im 44 , been going to games since I was 5 and all this team does is continues to let everyone down. Im at the point of pure frustration and anger. Maybe the fans need to send a message and let them play in an empty stadium. On a final note--again we got the wrong damn coach. The guy never has an answer for what wemt wrong amd never has a solution how to fix things. We are 3-3 and if I had to wage big money now on no playoffs I would. 16 years is grose and unacceptable.

WRT yesterdays game. Not so much. I could only wish for an upset over the undefeated Bengals.

Overall - Pissed at the defense? Disappointing yes, pissed not so much.

A few blown plays and a few very good plays where I thought they might have gotten an INT.

WRT yesterdays game. Not so much. I could only wish for an upset over the undefeated Bengals.

Overall - Pissed at the defense? Disappointing yes, pissed not so much.

A few blown plays and a few very good plays where I thought they might have gotten an INT.

I didnt think we would beat the Bengals but the way we lost has many pretty mad with every right to be. They were awful in all 3 phases and that my friend is COACHING. 8-8 is best we will be such a shame too.

I'm with you. I sat there yesterday thinking, "Atleast its not raining". If it was, I definitely would've left after the TD to start the 3rd qtr. It would have been only the second time I've left early since getting my season tickets 14 years go.

I'm with you. I sat there yesterday thinking, "Atleast its not raining". If it was, I definitely would've left after the TD to start the 3rd qtr. It would have been only the second time I've left early since getting my season tickets 14 years go.

Was the first that time that Beerball put his hand on your inner thigh?