"No question. A lock."

Just now watching last Sunday's Football Night in America...

Speaking to Chris Collinsworth, Bob Costas said that the Bengals at 5-0 could be 6-0 heading into the bye after playing Buffalo next Sunday.

I am pretty sure Collinsworth responded by saying, "No question. A lock."

Did anyone catch this? Correct in the quote? You would never catch Steve Tasker saying something so biased in his position at CBS, and the same could be said for almost all other national broadcasters.

If he did say this, and I think he did, I hope this coaching staff is using it as motivation for Sunday.

No NFL game is ever a "lock" and Chris knows that.

The media uses these terms because it's more interesting/fun to talk in absolutes and superlatives.

"Elo" - Nate Silver's model - says we have something like a 47% chance of winning.

We might not be the probable winners, but there's a significant possibility we'll win.

I'll be rooting for that.

Chris will laugh and admit he was wrong if the Bills prevail and the media machine will go on.

Edited by hondo in seattle

No NFL game is ever a "lock" and Chris knows that.

The media uses these terms because it's more interesting/fun to talk in absolutes and superlatives.

"Elo" - Nate Silver's model - says we have something like a 47% chance of winning.

We might not be the probable winners, but there's a significant possibility we'll win.

I'll be rooting for that.

Chris will laugh and admit he was wrong if the Bills prevail and the media machine will go on.

why would we do anything else?

But i think you have laid the operation of the media machine out well enough.

Its no big deal.

Go Bills!

uh, yes, as that is why I mention Tasker...

Broadcasters should be objective, especially when on the clock for their main gig.

No... They should be themselves. Do not do that to people that love the game and have played it. Honestly you want Chris Berman to hide the fact that he is a Bills fan? Think about what your say, everyone has a little Homer in them and it is fun when they show it.

No... They should be themselves. Do not do that to people that love the game and have played it. Honestly you want Chris Berman to hide the fact that he is a Bills fan? Think about what your say, everyone has a little Homer in them and it is fun when they show it.

DOH!

I want them to win the game as much as any, it's a huge chance at another "prove it" and get over the hump game a la the Giants. But a 5-0 team with a much better QB against a 3-2 team with two mediocre at best QBs, a suspect OL and naggg injuries to skilled position players doesn't bode well. Betting my last points in my suicide pool on the Bengals.

I want them to win the game as much as any, it's a huge chance at another "prove it" and get over the hump game a la the Giants. But a 5-0 team with a much better QB against a 3-2 team with two mediocre at best QBs, a suspect OL and naggg injuries to skilled position players doesn't bode well. Betting my last points in my suicide pool on the Bengals.

Probably objective analysis there, but I am going the homer route myself after reading this, thinking that, after a superb defensive performance on the road last week this defense is highly motivated to prove that they are the best in the league. And this time at home. And for the entire game against a high quality opponent. The defense will take the game over, dominate, Manuel will shine, doing more of what he did in the preseason, and this will be a turning point in the Bills season and future...30-10

Since virtually every expert has chosen the Bengals to win this game, I'm gonna predict we win. There are many reasons. By the way, the home underdog is always a solid pick.

But we're finally playing a good team with an even playing field....no extra time granted for them to prepare. I think our DB's are going to do a solid job covering their wideouts. The tight end Eiffert concerns me, but I'm sure Rex has a plan involving hard hits and good coverage.

I actually believe EJ is a pretty good quarterback.

Can't wait.