Running At The Mouth

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Marv used to say, "let what you do on the field speak so loud that nobody hears what you say!"

Rex may as well run his mouth because that's about all this team can run right about now. I'm not a big fan of we are going to build a bully Schtick!

Different coaches do different things. Like all coaches... They need a QB.

Every single time I hear him speak, or read something he said, I think to myself:

"dont you have some game film to go watch?"

Its kinda like the Rex Ryan reality tv show. Its kinda like they say about big-time college coaches, where talking to the media, recruiting, glad-handing, and being "out there" is part of the job to Rexy. Dude, its not.

Do some actual work with every single minute unless you are forced, under threat of torture, to pry yourself away from work to do some stupid media thing for the barest minimum amount of time.

That's what I want. Work. not constant talk.

Uh actually no I'm not. Compared to Marone, Chan, Jauron he is a breath of fresh air. I guess you just want old school.

This. I'm sick of the emotionless cardboard cutouts on the sidelines...Jauron, Gailey, etc. At least Rex cares about his players and gives a cap about winning, rather than crying about it being "tough to win in the nfl..."

What about your routine? Can we be tired of that?

Ha!

Different coaches do different things. Like all coaches... They need a QB.

Not for nothing but Rex is noted for his building a top defense, and this year with four all pros on the D line his defense is only mediocre right now.

Last year with the Jets Ryan stated he lost because the QB let the team down in Geno Smith. This year the Bills are winning because they have a QB that finds ways to make plays and win games. That Titan game was all Tyrod, and his sheer will to win. #4 in the NFL in rushing mostly because of a running QB, and he led the team in rushing last game. I would hate to think of what this years team would look like with Matt Cassel as the starter

Let your play do the talking. Don't be the big mouth bully who gets his teeth knocked out by the glee club kid. Be the guy everyone fears when he walks into the room. He doesn't have to say a word and everyone knows not to f'k with him because he will tear you a new ass.

That's the Bills team I want to see. Quiet stompers who knock you out, net get knocked around and end up crying on the IR! :sick:

We had a guy like that his name was Greg Williams

Edited by MyDogLuvsPB

Every single time I hear him speak, or read something he said, I think to myself:

"dont you have some game film to go watch?"

Its kinda like the Rex Ryan reality tv show. Its kinda like they say about big-time college coaches, where talking to the media, recruiting, glad-handing, and being "out there" is part of the job to Rexy. Dude, its not.

Do some actual work with every single minute unless you are forced, under threat of torture, to pry yourself away from work to do some stupid media thing for the barest minimum amount of time.

That's what I want. Work. not constant talk.

There are daily press conferences that are part of his job. There are also people whose job it is to write about what he says and generate headlines with catchy quotes. It might be more appropriate to be pissed off about what espn decides to cover.

On another note, I'm loving this thread title, "Running At The Mouth." It's like a combination of running your mouth and foaming at the mouth. Rabid smack talk, if you will.

Edited by NickelCity

All he did this week was act like the Bengals were the best team of all time.

You are 100% correct.

Some people want to push their own narrative.

To answer the OP: No, I am not tired of Rex. I love the fact that he is our coach.

Ryan is the BEST HC this team has had since Chuck Knox! He may not be some peoples' 'Cup-O-Tea', but he's simply GREAT in this era! He knows/has worked with many HC's currently and many more Co-ordinators and coaches. He's among the very best the League offers, seems genuinely in love with WNY and has the mettle and resume to demand respect. -well, maybe not from millenials-but their cluelessness really doesn't matter. You'll be slapped soon enough.

#LASTJOB! Rock the Blo!

He's better than the trash we've run through here. I just wish he'd tone it down and let the team's play do the talking. The Giants and Pats games could have been won with the talent we have. Those losses are on the coach.

What about your routine? Can we be tired of that?

My routine is die hard Bills fan for 40 years, enduring all the torture that comes with it. 10 years reading this forum and loving my Bills to the point of insanity. Yeah we can be tired of it.

Have had zero problems with Rex. Love the personality and enthusiasm. Haven't heard him say a single thing that could be considered trash talk, especially before Pats game. Not sure where that nonsense came from but it seemed to be a media ( local) creation . Maybe they are so conditioned to warmed over corpses for HC's that Rex saying he respects Belichick but isn't scared by him qualifies as trash. Or some players saying that they don't like the Pats. Big deal! I don't recall Rex guaranteeing a win or anything. Folks who thought this team can beat NE are deluding themselves. The Bills don't have an elite QB and will not beat New England. That doesn't mean they can't win a wild card berth. It just seems Rex's reputation is eclipsing reality . He hasn't been very controversial at all.

He's better than the trash we've run through here. I just wish he'd tone it down and let the team's play do the talking. The Giants and Pats games could have been won with the talent we have. Those losses are on the coach.

My routine is die hard Bills fan for 40 years, enduring all the torture that comes with it. 10 years reading this forum and loving my Bills to the point of insanity. Yeah we can be tired of it.

What exactly did he say this week that is pissing you off though?

As far as I am reading, you are still just pissed about the Patriots buildup/collapse.

I guess I should have known that with a love him or hate him coach we would have people coming out of the woodwork saying "he's a detriment to the team" because they hate him.

Not for nothing but Rex is noted for his building a top defense, and this year with four all pros on the D line his defense is only mediocre right now.

Last year with the Jets Ryan stated he lost because the QB let the team down in Geno Smith. This year the Bills are winning because they have a QB that finds ways to make plays and win games. That Titan game was all Tyrod, and his sheer will to win. #4 in the NFL in rushing mostly because of a running QB, and he led the team in rushing last game. I would hate to think of what this years team would look like with Matt Cassel as the starter

The Titans game wouldn't have been winnable save for that defense you speak so lowly of. I loved the plays Tyrod made with his legs, but the passing game was nonexistent and last I checked he's the QB. That 14 points was able to notch a win on the road kind of indicates a pretty solid day on the defensive side of the ball.

Sick of Rex??? No sir! We are entering week 6 with an entirely new coaching staff, a difficult early schedule, several key injuries and we are 3-2. To read this board you would think we lost 5 games in a row to the Jaguars. Give the team a minute and let it all sink in. If we get rocked and look out of our league against the Bengals, then maybe we can start to worry. Until then, quit trying to fire everybody or cut everybody or if we win worry about how we can keep everybody. Good Lord! Try to enjoy **** for a change.

To tell the truth I have watched nearly every interview he's done since being here and I have not seen him go off to nearly the extent the media portrays INCLUDING the Pats game lead up. It was all media hype/hogwash. A few quotables leading to Pats game, "We respect the heck out of them but don't fear 'em". "We're not gonna fold when they get off the bus". "We're gonna be challenged by 'em".

Couple guys saying we dislike them.....BIG SURPRISE......and boom there you have enough out of context quotes to make overhype stew.

Again, I've watched nearly all the interviews and unless I'm Helen Keller I see a confident but also respectful coach who indeed has a larger than life charisma, but embrace it for God's sake! We weren't ever going to win with deer-in-headlights Jauron. And not necessarily because he was totally incapable (though I'm sure everyone here thinks he was) but more that with such a losing culture sinking so deeply into the Bills org. from the inside out, his deadpan approach didn't stand a chance against this non-playoff funk. Let the systems settle in a little bit. Still many parts trying to not only learn it but internalize it while our 2 losses featured teams that had experience (and won !@#$ing superbowls) with their's.

Calm the !@#$ down peeps, we've got a special coach here, and don't believe the media's slants. You'd think after so many years of Tele-brainwashing and false news narratives we'd have figured this out by now!

Edited by Billsfansince90

I like Rex's persona. It's more calculated then most people realize. He blew it on NE, but otherwise he's instilling confidence in the team, and trying to create a winner.

If you notice, he is treating the Bengals as if they are the best team in the league, but he is also confident in his team's ability. This game is huge because if he leads his team to a win, he will instill confidence we can beat anyone.

How 'bout that Breaking Bad show?

Pretty good, eh?

Greatest show ever IMO

As far as Rex at coach. Love the guy, and I don't mind his brashness. If he starts to lose more than he wins or continues on this 8-8 path, then there may be more groaning than gloating on my part.

I think we'll just have to wait and see. Nothing succeeds like success. If he can't put together a play-off team with this roster he has no excuses.

I think the number and severity of injures is a reason not an excuse but I am sure people who already are naturally cynical or crabby will look at it otherwise.