Running At The Mouth

I guess I should have known that with a love him or hate him coach we would have people coming out of the woodwork saying "he's a detriment to the team" because they hate him.

There seem to be a lot of Jet Fans, the type who change their jersey like in the commercial, since Rex came to Buffalo who joined to continue to be unhappy with Rex. I was not happy with Rex's hire but willing to give him chance which is a lot more than 5 games.

The Titans game wouldn't have been winnable save for that defense you speak so lowly of. I loved the plays Tyrod made with his legs, but the passing game was nonexistent and last I checked he's the QB. That 14 points was able to notch a win on the road kind of indicates a pretty solid day on the defensive side of the ball.

And the blocking by Hogan and Woods was why the offense was even able to get those points. There is no one man show in Buffalo.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Marv used to say, "let what you do on the field speak so loud that nobody hears what you say!"

Rex may as well run his mouth because that's about all this team can run right about now. I'm not a big fan of we are going to build a bully Schtick!

Well to be fair, he walked that one back after he got a lot of heat because of the tie-in to RI's situation. He's even humble about it.

But to the OP - instead of reliving the Pats* and Jints losses, what else has Rex done to pizz you off? Specifically how is he running his mouth lately? He has to conduct interviews - it's his job and The League mandates that. His employer wants him to be everywhere he can be to help build excitement for the team. Too bad if that doesn't fit your mental imagery of how an NFL Head Coach should conduct himself.

He's a confident macho Head Coach. He's comfortable in his own skin, and more so I think than some of the hand-wringing lilly-liver fans are who seem to have to have weekly blowouts by The Bills in order to lead a happy life.

Go Bills!

Well to be fair, he walked that one back after he got a lot of heat because of the tie-in to RI's situation. He's even humble about it.

But to the OP - instead of reliving the Pats* and Jints losses, what else has Rex done to pizz you off? Specifically how is he running his mouth lately? He has to conduct interviews - it's his job and The League mandates that. His employer wants him to be everywhere he can be to help build excitement for the team. Too bad if that doesn't fit your mental imagery of how an NFL Head Coach should conduct himself.

He's a confident macho Head Coach. He's comfortable in his own skin, and more so I think than some of the hand-wringing lilly-liver fans are who seem to have to have weekly blowouts by The Bills in order to lead a happy life.

Go Bills!

Well said.

You can't expect a tiger to lose it's stripes.

Love him or hate him, Rex will be Rex.

Off the field.

On the field, he didn't keep his composure well the first 2 games. After that he's done fairly well (he's had a couple of relapses - wristband, anyone?).

The Bills need to show professionalism on the field. They did that fairly well against the Titans and the result was an ugly win (as opposed to an ugly loss).

If they show focus, self restraint and play passionately within the rules of the game, we have a good chance of winning.

GO BILLS!

Go Bills!

perfect

Every single time I hear him speak, or read something he said, I think to myself:

"dont you have some game film to go watch?"

Its kinda like the Rex Ryan reality tv show. Its kinda like they say about big-time college coaches, where talking to the media, recruiting, glad-handing, and being "out there" is part of the job to Rexy. Dude, its not.

Do some actual work with every single minute unless you are forced, under threat of torture, to pry yourself away from work to do some stupid media thing for the barest minimum amount of time.

That's what I want. Work. not constant talk.

You sound like a ton of fun to be around!

The Titans game wouldn't have been winnable save for that defense you speak so lowly of. I loved the plays Tyrod made with his legs, but the passing game was nonexistent and last I checked he's the QB. That 14 points was able to notch a win on the road kind of indicates a pretty solid day on the defensive side of the ball.

I don't equate stating the truth as speaking lowly. The Bills defense under Ryan is a far cry from what it was last year. 18th in total defense, 23rd in passing defense, 20th in sacks this year so far, 27th in sack percentage. Then considering all the money that front four is getting paid along with all those first & second round picks on that defense. I'd say calling them mediocre was a really nice way of saying they kinda stink, and are under performing.

Yes, Tyrod also stunk for a lot of that game, and if it weren't for his heroics at the end the Bills don't win that game. All QB's need a solid supporting cast of players around them in order to succeed, and Tyrod clearly doesn't have that!

The Bills RB's had 17 rushes for 50 yards meaning they really stunk. The leading receiver for the entire game was Hogan with 3 rec for 52 yards and a TD.

The QB was the leading rusher with 8 attempts for 76 yards, and one TD. Taylor set a franchise record for all his running that day. http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/10/16/tyrod-wins-clutch-player-of-the-week/

MessyObedientKitfox.gif

I don't equate stating the truth as speaking lowly. The Bills defense under Ryan is a far cry from what it was last year. 18th in total defense, 23rd in passing defense, 20th in sacks this year so far, 27th in sack percentage. Then considering all the money that front four is getting paid along with all those first & second round picks on that defense. I'd say calling them mediocre was a really nice way of saying they kinda stink, and are under performing.

Yes, Tyrod also stunk for a lot of that game, and if it weren't for his heroics at the end the Bills don't win that game. All QB's need a solid supporting cast of players around them in order to succeed, and Tyrod clearly doesn't have that!

The Bills RB's had 17 rushes for 50 yards meaning they really stunk. The leading receiver for the entire game was Hogan with 3 rec for 52 yards and a TD.

The QB was the leading rusher with 8 attempts for 76 yards, and one TD. Taylor set a franchise record for all his running that day. http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2015/10/16/tyrod-wins-clutch-player-of-the-week/

You can argue defensive totals all you want, but the Bills defense performed in the top 10 against both passing and rushing against the titans this past week. On top of that we held them to 13 points which is below the league leading average of 15.8 points per game (Denver Broncos). The defense dominated Sunday.

Edited by What a Tuel

You can argue defensive totals all you want, but the Bills defense performed in the top 10 against both passing and rushing against the titans this past week. On top of that we held them to 13 points which is below the league leading average of 15.8 points per game (Denver Broncos). The defense dominated Sunday.

Indeed! Especially considering how bad the field position and TOP battles were in the first half. Going into the locker room down only 3 was practically a miracle.