Watkins: "I need 10 targets... You're making me look bad."

johnwalter

Bills fans love building our guys up just to tear them down. And controversy, gotta have our healthy dose of controversy.

That said - Why is Sammy Questionable? I thought he would be the most probable out of McCoy, Karlos, and him.

I don't think that's it, I think it's a function of the stances people take and how they take them. Usually things like this quickly turn into black and white arguments and people vehemently defend their positions and/or attack those of others. Even the more reasonable people get unfairly labeled or drug to one side or the other.

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that's it, I think it's a function of the stances people take and how they take them. Usually things like this quickly turn into black and white arguments and people vehemently defend their positions and/or attack those of others. Even the more reasonable people get unfairly labeled or drug to one side or the other.

I think drugs plays a large part in some of the arguments here. :ph34r:

@ChrisTrapasso

FWIW, EJ Manuel targeted Sammy Watkins 32x in the four games the two played together in 2014.... including 28 targets from Weeks 2-4.

I get the targeting thing. There is a fine line though where it benefits and hurts . Take last night, Julio Jones was targeted on the Falcons first play of the game, Ryan forced the ball to him and it was incomplete. Rodey White was wide open on a post that would of gone for an easy 6.

I like Sammy and thinks he is awesome and also like his personality. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Granted, you have a QB who's basically a rookie as a starter even though he's been in the league 4 years, but you gotta be on the field to get your catches. Keeping your mouth shut about it publicly would also help.

Get better soon!!

Edited by BmarvB

I am not reading all 29 pages bt will say it is pretty obvious from the last 2 weeks (with Watkins out) that he is important to the offense. It is ridiculous that he is used way too often as a decoy.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/receivingYards/year/2015/seasontype/2

The fact is that it's sad how little they use him in comparison to other wr's.

At least on PTI tonight outsiders agreed with Watkins' stance.

It all really boils down to 2 games...the Colts and the Fins. http://www.nfl.com/player/sammywatkins/2543457/gamelogs

If this guy is gonna complain about two games, he needs to grow up...quick. We can't control his other two games when he was injured.

i am guessing it is built up and spilling over from last year too - but noted that it's two different coaching staffs

i am guessing it is built up and spilling over from last year too - but noted that it's two different coaching staffs

I'm thinking that Sammy, and McCoy are not going to play.

Taylor will not play either. Rex is simply playing smoke, and mirrors with the Bengals, and he's having those players talk some sch!tt!

Still, this really boils down to two games: 1) The Indy game where his feelings were hurt because he didn't get a pass, and 2) The Miami game where he caught a few passes but then was injured in the second half.

I hope he succeeds like anyone else and really want him to get passes, but don't start bitching about not getting the ball in two games. The sample size is too small Sammy.

Still, this really boils down to two games: 1) The Indy game where his feelings were hurt because he didn't get a pass, and 2) The Miami game where he caught a few passes but then was injured in the second half.

I hope he succeeds like anyone else and really want him to get passes, but don't start bitching about not getting the ball in two games. The sample size is too small Sammy.

I think trying to say this is just because of 2 games is misguided. He has a way better idea of whats going on than you do, and he knows what the coaches plan for him, and why the QB isn't getting him the ball.

He is in the film room watching with other players (who have responded to this by saying "get him the ball").

Edited by HoF Watkins